Trying to sign up for "Connections" Meet & Mingle

Bruin Steve

On two back-to-back cruises this July...

Went to the Meet & Mingle link to try to sign up...

Successful on the second cruise...but, for the first one, I get this error message:

" Cruise Critic Registration is not allowed for bookings in a status other than booked "

Both are booked and have been for many months.  Both show up on Celebrity website under "Upcoming Cruises".  Deposit down on both, final payment not yet due on either.

Anyone else having this issue?  Any idea what might be going on?

13 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I would give CC a call and ask them to sign up for you. 

Who is CC -- the sign up is direct to Celebrity's website.  If CC is the Captain's Club, I've called them about sign up issues a couple years back, and they didn't have a clue.  🍷

Yes... .Captain's Club.   

Surprised to hear your experience.    A couple months ago I had a problem signing up for the Cruise Connection and called them.    They signed me up in less than 5 minutes.      The link from Cruise Critics send you to a Celebrity.Com page to enroll.

I have had reps before that had no clue or gave me what I thought was a correct answer.   I called back immediately and got a different agent that was able to resolve my problem.    You might give it another try.

Try logging out, then clearing your cookies and cache. Then open a private browsing (Incognito or InPrivate) window. Then cut and paste this link in the address bar.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-critic-connections

Don't sign in. Just enter your reservation number, name, email, ship and sailing date on the left side. Good luck.

8 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

On two back-to-back cruises this July...

Went to the Meet & Mingle link to try to sign up...

Successful on the second cruise...but, for the first one, I get this error message:

" Cruise Critic Registration is not allowed for bookings in a status other than booked "

Both are booked and have been for many months.  Both show up on Celebrity website under "Upcoming Cruises".  Deposit down on both, final payment not yet due on either.

Anyone else having this issue?  Any idea what might be going on?

It was exactly the same for me... showed on Celebrity's site under "Upcoming Cruises" etc.

I contacted our TA about something and also mentioned our error message registering for the Celebrity Cruises/Cruise Critic Connections Party (aka Meet & Mingle) saying, "Cruise Critic Registration is not allowed for bookings in a status other than booked." She investigated with her Celebrity person. They found a place in the Celebrity system showing our booking and a few others in our group listed as "On Offer" instead of "Booked" as they should have been. They were all corrected. All of us in our group that were Cruise Critic members were then able to register.

Perhaps there is also the same sort of glitch in Celebrity's system for the first of your two bookings.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful! Please let us know what you find out. It may help others in the future.

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Edited by Host Kat
Additional information.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Kat said:

It was exactly the same for me... showed on Celebrity's site under "Upcoming Cruises" etc.

I contacted our TA about something and also mentioned our error message registering for the Celebrity Cruises/Cruise Critic Connections Party (aka Meet & Mingle) saying, "Cruise Critic Registration is not allowed for bookings in a status other than booked." She investigated with her Celebrity person. They found a place in the Celebrity system showing our booking and a few others in our group listed as "On Offer" instead of "Booked" as they should have been. They were all corrected. All of us in our group that were Cruise Critic members were then able to register.

Perhaps there is also the same sort of glitch in Celebrity's system for the first of your two bookings.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful! Please let us know what you find out. It may help others in the future.

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago. I got ahold of Celebrity and it seemed that my registration was still listed as a offer. Finally got it straightened out but it took a while through Captains Club.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Steve H said:

I had the same issue a couple of weeks ago. I got ahold of Celebrity and it seemed that my registration was still listed as a offer. Finally got it straightened out but it took a while through Captains Club.

Ah hah! Looks like this might be the answer for when folks post on here about that nasty error message, "Cruise Critic Registration is not allowed for bookings in a status other than booked."  Basically, someone at Celebrity is failing to click the magic button at the proper time that changes OFFER to BOOKED.