Carnival Sailabration

a,j,&fam

Carnival is planning holding a massive party at sea with other Carnival ships , for the 50th birthday.   Ships on different voyages in the same area will meet up together at sea.  Each ship will throwing it own party on lido. Which Ship you is everyone planning to cruise on for Carnival Birthday Bash?

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, a,j,&fam said:

Carnival is planning holding a massive party at sea with other Carnival ships , for the 50th birthday.   Ships on different voyages in the same area will meet up together at sea.  Each ship will throwing it own party on lido. Which Ship you is everyone planning to cruise on for Carnival Birthday Bash?

Just booked the  2022  journeys cruise to Hawaii for the birthday bash. Can’t wait to see what Carnival has planned.

• Like 4

Booked the 7-day Mexican Riviera sailing on the Panorama. I’m running out of itineraries that we haven’t done, and this is one of them. Other than Hawaii, but I just can do two weeks that close to doing to weeks for a Panama Canal Cruise in late Nov/early Dec of 2021.  

• Like 1

Mardi Gras. Was supposed to be on the Trans-Atlantic, which was cancelled. So used my 25% future cruise credit towards an Excel Suite. Going to enjoy my guaranteed Loft access and my big balcony, and wait to see what all Carnival has planned besides a big deck party.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, eltigre said:

Booked the Glory for March 5th sailing from Nola.. Will meet up with the Breeze, Pride, Mardi Gras, Sunrise and Vista.

This sounds great.  Can you share if you booked through an agent, or directly through Carnival?  Also, is it for one sailing (multiple) ships or different dates?  Thanks.

We're booked on the Pride out of Tampa.  This is a one time event, not for multiple weeks.  That's another reason folks are booking so far in advance.  I do wish that Carnival gave more information regarding the events on each cruise, but I guess we will just have to wait to be surprised..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Derbie said:

This sounds great.  Can you share if you booked through an agent, or directly through Carnival?  Also, is it for one sailing (multiple) ships or different dates?  Thanks.

We booked through an agent.The pricing was no different than doing online for us. We have sailed Carnival previously but being Canadian I think makes a difference on getting deals. That Dollar exchange is the culprit. Our travel agent was really surprised at the number of cabins sold already but when I mentioned the "party"  we both agreed that sales may not come up on this. These 5 ships will meet up on March 7th between Cozumel & Costa Maya

Edited by eltigre
  • Like 1

It’s a rip off. People who had their mardis Gras cruises canceled were going to get advance notice via email. That’s supposed to be in the next couple days. But somehow they released these sailibration cruises already and people have been booking like crazy. Promise broken. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RRLLAL said:

It’s a rip off. People who had their mardis Gras cruises canceled were going to get advance notice via email. That’s supposed to be in the next couple days. But somehow they released these sailibration cruises already and people have been booking like crazy. Promise broken. 

Though I don't fall in that category I sure do sympathize with them if they were promised a heads up on this sailing.  I hope they are offered a special deal.

It's an expensive 5 days on the Breeze - I don't know about the other ships.  I booked 2/12 under an Early Saver Exclusive VIFP offer that had disappeared the morning of 2/15 and there were probably even better offers floating around.  I think the impacted Mardi Gras cruisers should be offered a deal equal to or better than any offered to the general public.

Just my opinion.

• Like 1

I’m excited also. Thank goodness we have a couple before this cruise. We are sailing the Legend out of Baltimore. I just hope it’s an early Spring so it’s not too cold.  We got our favorite cabin the Vista Wrap Suite.  Maybe they will do fireworks or something. 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 9:07 PM, kassimer1 said:

why?  i just dont get it,  your on seperate ships.  they cant get real close or another glory could happen.  give me another island stop.  i could see if they took multiple ships to thier private islands for a party 

Doesn't make any sense to me either.i spent my money else where.

• Like 1

On the Pride, it's an 8 day cruise, so a little more than a normal cost (even during spring break), am thinking 3/5 might be early for spring break?  Hadn't really thought about kids, but we cruised last year at Easter, I know there were hundreds of kids on board, but if I am in my happy place I don't care who I share it with. :classic_smile:

Just checked, Easter is 4/17 in 2022.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 2

On 2/20/2020 at 7:59 AM, marshhawk said:

On the Pride, it's an 8 day cruise, so a little more than a normal cost (even during spring break), am thinking 3/5 might be early for spring break?  Hadn't really thought about kids, but we cruised last year at Easter, I know there were hundreds of kids on board, but if I am in my happy place I don't care who I share it with. :classic_smile:

Just checked, Easter is 4/17 in 2022.

Easter and Spring Break are often very different animals.  As an example for this year:

DD college spring break: 3/2-3/6

DS high school break: 3/13-3/16

Easter: 4/12

5 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

Easter and Spring Break are often very different animals.  As an example for this year:

DD college spring break: 3/2-3/6

DS high school break: 3/13-3/16

Easter: 4/12

Spring Break in Florida is also a completely different beast than, say, in NY.  Now that we're booking trips around the great-niece in Jacksonville, I am always surprised by when her break is.  On the plus side, it means a cheaper flight for me.

• Like 1