Taking a "Steamer" on Board

algriff

We are on the Explorer for a 9 day cruise on Feb 21 and I know you cannot take an iron on board but can you take a steamer to get the wrinkles out of your clothes..or does anyone have some great advice on how to manage the wrinkle problem.  Thanks

Iron before you pack...use dry cleaning bags or tissue paper to lessen any "fold" marks.  They will press your things for a small fee (1/2 the cost of cleaning).  And realize....after about 10 mins. in the humidity, everyone will be "rumpled"!

• Like 1

Restricted items

Candles, Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Travel Steamers & Hot Plates. (Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners. Matches and normal lighteners are allowed onboard. However ""torch lighters"" and novelty lighters that look like guns are not allowed onboard. Torch lighters emit a powerful concentrated flame, and therefore are prohibited.

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Restricted items

Candles, Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Travel Steamers & Hot Plates. (Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners. Matches and normal lighteners are allowed onboard. However ""torch lighters"" and novelty lighters that look like guns are not allowed onboard. Torch lighters emit a powerful concentrated flame, and therefore are prohibited.

very smart of them to prohibit novelty lighters that look like guns.  it's a HUGE pet peeve of mine.  so dangerous, just no reason to have one.

Thanks for all the advice..sounds like Downy wrinkle release may  be a good way to go or the hot shower trick.  I don't know what you other people meant by the other "steamer".  Maybe I don't want to know.

18 hours ago, algriff said:

We are on the Explorer for a 9 day cruise on Feb 21 and I know you cannot take an iron on board but can you take a steamer to get the wrinkles out of your clothes..or does anyone have some great advice on how to manage the wrinkle problem.  Thanks

If you leaves clothes on hangers and put two or three at a time in dry cleaner bags, you can keep them from wrinkling. 

Lay one hanger inside with the bulk of the clothes outside on the north side.  Place the next one with the bulk going off the east side, the next, south side and the next, west side. 

All of the top portions are in the suitcase. 

Continue as needed. 

Then fold in the west side, followed by the south, etc. 

My clothes travel wrinkle free every time.  

Git this from Delta Airlines 20 years ago. 

I use Downy Wrinkle Release for closet wrinkles. Great product!