Do you pack sneakers?

sydbarrett

• 2 weeks later...

I wear them for the flights but then I’m flying from Ireland so it’s nearly always raining on departure day or when I arrive home if not both. I don’t bother with my waterproof runners (sneakers) but if I was doing an itinerary like Alaska I probably would use those instead or my hiking boots.

always wear your heaviest footwear flying so you save both weight and space in your bags. 
I have had to abandon my orthotics when flying though, for some reason the glue on them always melts when I fly. As a result I have Birkenstock sandals as my day to day wear on a cruise along with flip flops or water shoes for beach/boat excursions. 

I took me a long while to find a Birkenstock style that works with my feet, and my podiatrist/physiotherapist would have me shot on the spot if he caught me in any other sandal. I spend a lot of time on my feet at work and the Birkenstocks are the only footwear I have that don’t leave my feet in agony at the end of the day. I work in a surf shop and I have so many ladies coming in to find sandals that work around their bunions or other foot problems. Unfortunately we don’t stock Birkenstock’s but we usually have something that works for them from Crocs or Reef to wear at the beach. 

• 4 weeks later...

What are some of the brands yall use for supportive walking sandals? I usually have to wear sneakers for support but my feet get hot esp in the summer months. I have one low arch and one high arch. Isn't that lovely. OH and wide feet too.

I used to like Merrills, but they have changed and are not as good anymore.  I do think it is so hard to recommend shoes to others since we each have different shaped feet and foot problems.  One high and one low arch sounds like a challenge!

Maybe just a really good shoe store that has expert fitters and advice would work.  Not that easy to find, I know.

• 1 month later...

Rarely. 

My feet get HOT in the Caribbean so the idea of socks & sneakers is not appealing.

I have some great Clarks that I bring if I get ambitious & do some serious walking on the ship.

But our workout routine on the ship is STAIRS--EVERYWHERE. (unless I'm in heels or we are in a hurry)

On 5/27/2021 at 6:16 PM, whataboutport said:

What are some of the brands yall use for supportive walking sandals? I usually have to wear sneakers for support but my feet get hot esp in the summer months. I have one low arch and one high arch. Isn't that lovely. OH and wide feet too.

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-3703643/clarks-cloudsteppers-arla-shaylie-womens-sandals.jsp?skuid=75434494&CID=shopping15&utm_campaign=WOMENS SANDALS&utm_medium=CSE&utm_source=google&utm_product=75434494&utm_campaignid=9733267156&gclid=CjwKCAjw55-HBhAHEiwARMCsznN5CsJ8VZKxm6E5MUMZW5DRL6ciOQlDKMHRwRRiyJZ-WsiD5sANhRoC-AIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I have 2 hours of lunchroom duty once a week during the school year & if I'm not wearing sneakers, these are the only other shoes comfy enough for the linoleum on top of concrete.

If they have wide be sure to order--the straps are a bit tight to start.

On 2/9/2020 at 12:12 PM, sydbarrett said:

In an effort to lighten my load, I'm considering not packing sneakers for my Caribbean cruise. Is this a mistake? I never wear them in the Caribbean but always bring them "in case". I do have a great walking sandal that I spend all summer in at home. Most of our excursions are snorkelling tho I'm sure there will be some walking involved. Just wondering if any of you leave your sneakers at home? 

I usually bring a pair of sneakers, hiking sandals, and dressy sandals to wear to dinner.  Some activities require closed toe shoes.