YC upgrade drink pckg issue

cruisingnewtoit

CSR wouldn't upgrade our drink package from premium under YC to plus for our upcoming Divina cruise. She said it's not allowed. She claims the previous CSR should not have done it  under our Mera booking. 

She put me on hold & consulted with her supervisor. I was worried she was going to take it away on my Mera cruise..She said they weren't going to remove it but now I'm worried since this is MSC 🙄.

She said YC was already the best. I explained their was a $17 difference between the plans.

Anyone upgrade in the last few days?

We upgraded back in August for a September 2019 sailing and found the information on this thread helpful when talking with MSC via phone:

Posts #62 and #64 have info on language and codes to use with the CSRs on the phone.

Hope this helps. We very much enjoyed the Premium Plus package and felt it was well worth the extra charge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We upgraded in seaside a couple of months ago, travel agent had issues trying to  upgrade us, so we just upgraded in YC lounge as soon as we boarded . Definitely was worth the money for us , high end champagne and great scotch like Johnny Walker blue and also XO cognacs.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, riredsox said:

Do both passengers have to upgrade?

Officially yes.  There has been some mention of upgrading only one in the cabin once on the ship, but that would be very unusual.  MSC doesn't want to encourage people who are trying to cheat them by getting one high package and providing drinks for their friends with no or lesser packages. 

On 2/9/2020 at 12:25 PM, cruisingnewtoit said:

CSR wouldn't upgrade our drink package from premium under YC to plus for our upcoming Divina cruise. She said it's not allowed. She claims the previous CSR should not have done it  under our Mera booking. 

She put me on hold & consulted with her supervisor. I was worried she was going to take it away on my Mera cruise..She said they weren't going to remove it but now I'm worried since this is MSC 🙄.

She said YC was already the best. I explained their was a $17 difference between the plans.

Anyone upgrade in the last few days?

Same thing happened to me.  Well, after we had bought our upgrade.  We called for an unrelated issue to our sailing and quickly got a call back from the same rep who noticed that we had bought the upgraded plan in our account.  Said we didn't need it on the rest of the ship because of the Connoisseur's List that is provided ship wide that YC members get to access.  Well, fine, not a big deal, we appreciated the feedback, so went along with the refund.  Saw the money get put back into our account.

Aaaanyway, there must be a bug in the system, because even though I saw the money credited back to me into my CC account, the booking price on the website never changed.  Lo and behold, after check-in, sure enough, in our documents we have the included voucher for the P+ account for our upcoming sailing and its still showing on our paid invoice.  🤷‍♂️  I guess sometimes glitches can work in your favor.

• Like 1

Unfortunately Hendricks gin has not been included in the YC drinks package for a while now, seems to be across the fleet.  You also don't pay the difference you will be charged full price for any drink not covered.

It varies a little from ship to ship, the most recent I've seen posted was by  Beamafar on Meraviglia in November.  One drink not usually listed on the menus is the champagne, usually Nicolas Feuillatte, often only available in the Top Sail lounge.  Any drink with a price is full price unless you upgrade to Premium Plus.  Outside of the Yacht Club you have the Premium package good for drinks $12 or less.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2703975-meraviglia-new-york-canada-miami-octnov-19/page/16/?tab=comments#comment-58710097

11 hours ago, riredsox said:

Unfortunately dishonest people ruin it for the rest of us.  I will just pay the difference as it will be cheaper than upgrading both of us when my husband drinks only beer, rum and Hendricks gin...

Aviator gin is on the menu. That’s good. 
What tonic do they have? Fevertree? 

Edited by little britain

Had the same issue this morning. We are on the Grandiosa in April and in the YC. I was able to upgrade to the PP package with no issues 

late last year. Last night I booked the Seaside YC for May. Called this morning to add gratuities and the PP package. The rep said that he was not allowed and he tried to refund my upgrade on the Grandiosa. I told him to please leave it. Called back and luckily got a rep who knew her stuff. Upgraded me with no problem. Again one thing that I can count on with MSC. Inconsistency! 😀

• Like 2

On 2/9/2020 at 5:52 PM, George C said:

We upgraded in seaside a couple of months ago, travel agent had issues trying to  upgrade us, so we just upgraded in YC lounge as soon as we boarded . Definitely was worth the money for us , high end champagne and great scotch like Johnny Walker blue and also XO cognacs.

This is what we plan on doing.  Not even going to try over the phone.  Not worth the time/hassle.