Free Internet Perk?

TBone2K

One other thing on the free internet - if you purchase a VOOM package prior to boarding, they TAKE your free day(s) and you cannot assign the free time to your spouse or significant other..  I think this is a real kick in the balls to Royal's loyal C & A customers......

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ramjet1997 said:

One other thing on the free internet - if you purchase a VOOM package prior to boarding, they TAKE your free day(s) and you cannot assign the free time to your spouse or significant other..  I think this is a real kick in the balls to Royal's loyal C & A customers......

We always pre-purchase a VOOM package for my husband and we have had no problem with me using his free D+ minutes once onboard...

This was on the Oasis and the Harmony....

Edited by GTO-Girl

Those days are over - I can tell you - Rhapsody VOOM guy said "no more" - he said that this policy is ship wide, and NO exceptions will be made.  Just another screw job to C & A loyal members....When he would not fix it, I cancelled the Voom package - we already get 4 free days (Diamond Plus) - so why should we give them $75-90 for an additional 3 days??

One other thing:  We were on the same ship in early December, and when I was talking to this same guy - he said "no problem - just come down and I will transfer your wife's 2 days to you to use". 8 weeks later , and they have again changed the rules of the game.....we take our 2nd Princess cruise soon, where everything is less expensive (drinks,internet,soda)......

1 hour ago, Ramjet1997 said:

Just did it this past Christmas on a Oasis. 

Didnt read your second post from recently.  Will be interesting to see if this is indeed fleet wide or just this particular ship. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

3 hours ago, Ramjet1997 said:

Those days are over - I can tell you - Rhapsody VOOM guy said "no more" - he said that this policy is ship wide, and NO exceptions will be made. 

I've done it a dozen times in 2019.  Just visited Voom kiosk and they turned my single Voom S&S into a two device plan.  I did it 3 times in December and once in January 2020.  

Maybe it's the transfer thing that they don't do.  Two device plans worked for me though. 

Edited by twangster

Just now, twangster said:

I've done it a dozen times in 2019.  Just visited Voom kiosk and they turned my single Voom S&S into a two device plan.  I did it 3 times in December and once in January 2020.  

Maybe it's the transfer thing that they don't do.  Two device plans worked for me though. 

It worked for me too. January 2020 on the Adventure.