Royal suite dinner with guest

theeddie

8 minutes ago, gerif said:

I’m just curious how ten people can sit down to eat together. Also, considering that all courses are delivered at once unless you order them at spaced intervals it seems like a confusing mess. 

its over 1000 sqft plus balcony, we arent that fat 

4 minutes ago, gerif said:

...... Also, considering that all courses are delivered at once unless you order them at spaced intervals it seems like a confusing mess. 

This is true

As for 10 people.....
Royal Suite on Grandeur has table that fits 6 and then 2 bar stool seating areas plus a large shelf area you could use to stand/buffet style at

Royal Loft on Anthem (larger boat with a Genie) has a table that sits 8...that you might be able to squeeze 2 more into

21 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

You will need to coordinate with the Concierge but they generally do let you throw/host suite parties...for a fee.  I assume you are on a smaller sailing without a genie.

Correct no idea what genie is 

20 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

I assume not all ten are in suites? I would think you can but would probably go through the suite concierge 

Correct, Will 

1 minute ago, dodgestang said:

This is true

As for 10 people.....
Royal Suite on Grandeur has table that fits 6 and then 2 bar stool seating areas plus a large shelf area you could use to stand/buffet style at

Royal Loft on Anthem (larger boat with a Genie) has a table that sits 8...that you might be able to squeeze 2 more into

there is seating for 8 by the couches  plus the table next to it,  I am not worried about the logistics of where people sit.
would they say no if I said bring me 10 orders of say lasagna ?  Has anyone ever tried this or is everyone guessing?

1 minute ago, theeddie said:

Correct, Will 

there is seating for 8 by the couches  plus the table next to it,  I am not worried about the logistics of where people sit.
would they say no if I said bring me 10 orders of say lasagna ?  Has anyone ever tried this or is everyone guessing?

I have not ordered 'dinners' for more people than I have had in the room previously.  Best bet is going to be an email to concierge as soon as you are close enough to sailing that they have reached out to you.

I know when I have dined in the room....as stated they bring it all at once....but they also....setup the table for you....

Just now, dodgestang said:

I have not ordered 'dinners' for more people than I have had in the room previously.  Best bet is going to be an email to concierge as soon as you are close enough to sailing that they have reached out to you.

I know when I have dined in the room....as stated they bring it all at once....but they also....setup the table for you....

Gotcha thanks I was wondering, that's what i needed to know thanks!!!

Just did 13 in Royal Suite from MDR menu by calling room service.  They will either do it or not, if they don't then you can go the Genie/Concierge route.  So much depends on the staff running F&B on the ship.  Very little consistency.

Edited by bturbeville

officially, you can order as much as you want  with no fee  being in a suite.  

unofficially,  you may get pushback without going through the concierge first.  especially at very busy times for the  kitchen.

just remember:   everything comes at once, you still need to give the delivery person a (hefty) tip and there won't be any assistance in setting  up or cleanup afterward.  

1 hour ago, spookwife said:

officially, you can order as much as you want  with no fee  being in a suite.  

unofficially,  you may get pushback without going through the concierge first.  especially at very busy times for the  kitchen.

just remember:   everything comes at once, you still need to give the delivery person a (hefty) tip and there won't be any assistance in setting  up or cleanup afterward.  

I seem to recall being able to call and have room service pick up the dishes after completing dinner.  A hefty tip was included for the service.