Complimentary $32 wine coupons

cruising deacon

We have 2 $32 per bottle wine coupons that we will be getting on an upcoming cruise as part of the DEAL from Princess.  Does anyone have any idea how they REALLY work?  Do you have to order the wine through 'room service'?   Can I get a bottle at any bar?  Can I get a bottle in the MDR?  The selection is SOOOOOOO poor for a $32 bottle of wine, if I purchase a BETTER more costly wine will I only be charged the difference?  Responses from anyone who has personally used one of these recently would be appreciated.   Thanks

There will be a coupon card in your cabin....and you give it to the waiter when you order your wine, it will  be credited to your on board account, so if you buy something of greater value from the wine list, you will be paying for the difference.

We had a voucher to use on the Sapphire Princess last summer. We chose a more expensive wine as the waiter confirmed we would just pay the difference. We kept a close eye on our billing and initially we were charged the full price for the bottle. Three or four days later a $32 refund to our account appeared so just be aware that the coupon might not be credited to your account particularly quickly.

• Like 2

We will also be receiving two of these for an upcoming cruise.  However, we don't drink wine.  Does anyone know if they can be traded out for something else once we get onboard?  We would gladly trade for coffee cards, mini bar setup, even a couple of cocktails at one of the bars or a plate of chocolate strawberries.  They really are of no use to us.  

My travel agent said he inquired with Princess and they told him that they could not be traded out for anything, but I know the answer could be different once we get on board, so just wondering if anyone else has tried. 

2 hours ago, cruising deacon said:

We have 2 $32 per bottle wine coupons that we will be getting on an upcoming cruise as part of the DEAL from Princess.  Does anyone have any idea how they REALLY work?  Do you have to order the wine through 'room service'?   Can I get a bottle at any bar?  Can I get a bottle in the MDR?  The selection is SOOOOOOO poor for a $32 bottle of wine, if I purchase a BETTER more costly wine will I only be charged the difference?  Responses from anyone who has personally used one of these recently would be appreciated.   Thanks

At the bar, ordering when sitting anywhere, or MDR.

Appreciate hearing this. We have two for our cruise next January but also have done the BSE add-on so the promotional wine has no value to us in the MDR. But will use them to get a couple of bottles (either from Room Service or by picking them up at a bar) for in-room consumption.

15 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Maybe, maybe not.

Each ship handles it differently.

No way to tell until onboard.

I plan to ask when I get onboard.  Does anyone know who would be the best person to speak with about this?  Do I just go to CS, do I call Room Service?  I'm not sure who handles this perk. 

On 2/12/2020 at 8:31 AM, Lorabelle said:

We will also be receiving two of these for an upcoming cruise.  However, we don't drink wine.  Does anyone know if they can be traded out for something else once we get onboard?  We would gladly trade for coffee cards, mini bar setup, even a couple of cocktails at one of the bars or a plate of chocolate strawberries.  They really are of no use to us.  

My travel agent said he inquired with Princess and they told him that they could not be traded out for anything, but I know the answer could be different once we get on board, so just wondering if anyone else has tried. 

We are in the same predicament.  Neither of us drink wine and we've received 2 complimentary bottles for an upcoming cruise.  I read somewhere, can't remember if it was here or on FB that if you go to customer service, you can ask for it to be traded.  Whether it will work, I'll have to wait until September to find out. 🙂

On 2/12/2020 at 8:21 AM, MissBennet said:

We had a voucher to use on the Sapphire Princess last summer. We chose a more expensive wine as the waiter confirmed we would just pay the difference. We kept a close eye on our billing and initially we were charged the full price for the bottle. Three or four days later a $32 refund to our account appeared so just be aware that the coupon might not be credited to your account particularly quickly.

This has been our experience when ever we received a voucher for wine. 

As for the voucher not being credited till later, we see the same thing with Elite laundry. Credit is applied later.

• Like 1

Keep a copy of these coupons, we had been charged full price for another wine selected.Spend 5 days visiting at customer service desk. An “investigation file” was opened and the last day of our cruise it was corrected. Keep some sort of proof!