Azamara Journey rerouted due weather

oddjob16

44 minutes ago, ellbon said:

Ann,you are thinking of Ed Waters.He just opened on the brand new Regent ship. He flew to Europe  to join  and bring her from the shipyard. Have no idea what happened to Max.

Also the four piece band I got to hear for two months. The singer is married to the drummer. The Living Room was busy with them playing at night. Great people..think her name is Sheena.

Correct. Sheena married to Thomas, the drummer. Great band. 😁 

11 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Odd, yours was only the third cruise they've performed that show together. Previously singer Daniel and dancer Tyson were on Pursuit and they brought the new show to Journey. So it's all quite new to them still. 

I was impressed with Cruise Director Danny who took over the reins from Eric and Assistant CD Emily who is on her first contract on a ship. Both very personable with good voices (particularly Emily). 

Phil 

Danny was great. Kind of "Ricky Gervais" humour there. Warm and personal. Forgot to mention him. A good find for Azamara. Emily, likewise. 😁 😎 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, oddjob16 said:

Danny was great. Kind of "Ricky Gervais" humour there. Warm and personal. Forgot to mention him. A good find for Azamara. Emily, likewise. 😁 😎 

Glad Danny has settled in - he had the wrong humour and wasn't a good fit in the summer but I know Eric spent a lot of time coaching him and its good to see development like that working.  We met Emily when she joined and was in training and we were very impressed with both her style and her voice.  Sounds like entertainment is getting back on track nicely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Glad Danny has settled in - he had the wrong humour and wasn't a good fit in the summer but I know Eric spent a lot of time coaching him and its good to see development like that working.  We met Emily when she joined and was in training and we were very impressed with both her style and her voice.  Sounds like entertainment is getting back on track nicely.

Eric would be an excellent mentor.

Interesting that Danny's style is described as similar in approach to that of Ricky Gervais.

Although Gervais certainly has enjoyed some international success (notoriety?), for either personal or cultural reasons I find his comedy rather distancing.

Given the accolades, I will still look forward to meeting Danny on board.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nordski said:

Eric would be an excellent mentor.

Interesting that Danny's style is described as similar in approach to that of Ricky Gervais.

Although Gervais certainly has enjoyed some international success (notoriety?), for either personal or cultural reasons I find his comedy rather distancing.

Given the accolades, I will still look forward to meeting Danny on board.

Ricky Gervais has evolved since his first shows. "After Life" shows his serious skills as an actor/comedian. 

Edited by oddjob16

9 hours ago, oddjob16 said:

Ricky Gervais has evolved since his first shows. "After Life" shows his serious skills as an actor/comedian. 

Thanks for the response. Perhaps we need to give that series a second chance.