Kudos to Royal Caribbean International for honoring Crisis Responders

Royal Caribbean dedicates 2 ships for crisis responders

Spectrum of the Seas will be deployed from China to Australia for free cruises from Sydney in support of Australia’s first responder community during the bushfires crisis. And Celebrity Millennium is repositioning from Asia to the US West Coast to offer a series of sailings for California firefighters and other first responders and military veterans.

• Like 2

While I think this is a fantastic decision by Royal Caribbean to do this and the first responders are the most deserving of this in the world.... Royal Caribbean has not done right by its passengers who are still booked on sailings on Spectrum out of Shanghai.  I am on the March 28 sailing of Spectrum and it is obvious this cruise will not happen.  Royal has still not cancelled this itinerary nor notified its customers.  In short, they are holding my payment hostage.  Do the right thing Royal Caribbean.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, jegoodman said:

While I think this is a fantastic decision by Royal Caribbean to do this and the first responders are the most deserving of this in the world.... Royal Caribbean has not done right by its passengers who are still booked on sailings on Spectrum out of Shanghai.  I am on the March 28 sailing of Spectrum and it is obvious this cruise will not happen.  Royal has still not cancelled this itinerary nor notified its customers.  In short, they are holding my payment hostage.  Do the right thing Royal Caribbean.

This was just announced this a.m.  I'm sure they're working on notifying cruisers on affected sailings. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, jegoodman said:

So far two March cruises have been cancelled.  They are likely waiting to see how CV continues to evolve.  

You are still 43 days away.  This is an unprecedented situation.  Give them some time to see how this develops.

• Like 3

This is a great decision. They deserve it. There are a lot on unnamed heroes in both situations. They people (animal rescue) that saved all the animals they could. Re-united pets with the family. Took in the injured and gave them life and hope. The first responders to these souls are truly heroes. Thank You.

Edited by jaspercat
spelling
  • Like 1