Is there a list of dress codes available for each voyage in 2020?

Lynnewob

16 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I quite agree with you that clothes don't make a man. Respect and good manners do, both of which you need if you adhere to the dress code on formal night. They don't dress to impress, they dress to use the MDR on formal evenings. My husband never owned a dinner suit until we began cruising, he never needed one. He's not a pompous ass, he's a real gent. 

If there is a dress code you should adhere to it out of respect for your fellow guests. But it is fine to show some individuality within the code as long as it is not breached. I personally dislike wearing a traditional necktie or a bow tie, but have a collection of bolo ties some of which are quite formal. I wear one of these with my dinner suit and it looks fine, much better imo than a dickie bow.

aid10169101-v4-728px-Wear-a-Bolo-Tie-Step-5.jpg

2 minutes ago, Denarius said:

If there is a dress code you should adhere to it out of respect for your fellow guests. But it is fine to show some individuality within the code as long as it is not breached. I personally dislike wearing a traditional necktie or a bow tie, but have a collection of bolo ties some of which are quite formal. I wear one of these with my dinner suit and it looks fine, much better imo than a dickie bow.

That looks very smart. l quite like it, and it's NOT a t-shirt. 

12 minutes ago, Denarius said:

How do you stop the ends dangling in your soup/gravy/custard ?

1 hour ago, Denarius said:

Takes me back to the (TV) days of Maverick, and the gambling riverboats.

22 hours ago, Denarius said:

I like it, but I'm sure some of the fashion police will object.

The dress code that I see on the P&O website does not mention the style of the shirt or the tie in the narrative, in fact it doesn't mention shirt at all, but does show some illustrations posted previously.

"Our Gala Evenings, or Black Tie nights, offer a chance to get dressed to the nines in glamorous evening wear. Don your favourite cocktail dress, tuxedo, ball gown or dinner jacket, or alternatively a dark business suit and tie. You may also wear formal national dress or military uniform".

BTW, does the Maitre D check to see if one is wearing socks with the required red toes and heels?

men_formal_tux.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SargassoPirate said:

I like it, but I'm sure some of the fashion police will object.

The dress code that I see on the P&O website does not mention the style of the shirt or the tie in the narrative, in fact it doesn't mention shirt at all, but does show some illustrations posted previously.

"Our Gala Evenings, or Black Tie nights, offer a chance to get dressed to the nines in glamorous evening wear. Don your favourite cocktail dress, tuxedo, ball gown or dinner jacket, or alternatively a dark business suit and tie. You may also wear formal national dress or military uniform".

BTW, does the Maitre D check to see if one is wearing socks with the required red toes and heels?

men_formal_tux.jpeg

I have not received any objections so far, but have received several compliments. And anyway, the code says that you can wear formal national dress and the bolo tie is the official male neckwear of the states of Texas, Arizona and New Mexico!

20 hours ago, Denarius said:

I have not received any objections so far, but have received several compliments. And anyway, the code says that you can wear formal national dress and the bolo tie is the official male neckwear of the states of Texas, Arizona and New Mexico!

I love it.  I am an Appalachian hillbilly descended from Scottish immigrants who left the lowlands during the great leaving.  Our national dress is a set of bib overalls and a plaid shirt.  To dress up for Sunday-go-to-meetin' we add a fedora.  No use puttin' on airs.  We do get a little more dressed up for marryins and buryins since those are more formal affairs.

I guess I need to pack my funeral suit for cruising.😄😄😄

Edited by SargassoPirate