Am I too late to transfer to TA?

jaimevoyager

4 minutes ago, jaimevoyager said:

On Nov 10, 2109, I placed a deposit while on board for any upcoming cruise. I made it an actual booking on Dec 31, 2019 for a cruise in 2021.  Do I still have the opportunity to transfer to my TA? 

I would certainly go ahead and try.  All they can say is NO.  🍷

7 minutes ago, jaimevoyager said:

On Nov 10, 2109, I placed a deposit while on board for any upcoming cruise. I made it an actual booking on Dec 31, 2019 for a cruise in 2021.  Do I still have the opportunity to transfer to my TA? 

You have 60 days to transfer. You also can cancel and rebook.

1 minute ago, jaimevoyager said:

I believe what is causing my confusion involves the dates. Does the time begin with when I placed the deposit onboard in November or is the date I actually booked a cruise in December?

You need to call or have a TA call because the booking number goes back to November.  Not sure how the rules apply to that situation, ergo, call and find out.  🍷

22 minutes ago, jaimevoyager said:

I believe what is causing my confusion involves the dates. Does the time begin with when I placed the deposit onboard in November or is the date I actually booked a cruise in December?

19 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

You need to call or have a TA call because the booking number goes back to November.  Not sure how the rules apply to that situation, ergo, call and find out.  🍷

The date is when you booked on board. That said as others said, give it a try. Have had it go both ways.

If Celebrity comes up with a better promotion or a price reduction you can get that deal either way up to final payment date.

Not that I place a lot of stock in what I read on Celebrity's website, but this does seem to suggest that it is 60 days from the time of creation of the actual booking.

Reservation & Transfers
Q.

Can I transfer my reservation to a travel agent if I purchased my cruise directly from Celebrity Cruises?

A.

Bookings may only be transferred to a Travel Agent up until 60 days from creation if the request is made outside of Final Payment period and the booking is not paid in full. If a booking has a ChoiceAir ticket and the transfer request involves a change in currency we cannot accommodate a transfer. If you would like to transfer your reservation to a travel agent, please complete this form

2 hours ago, jaimevoyager said:

A lot of good suggestions by others.  
I assume you have already identified a TA.  Perhaps they can help you.  A couple of years ago, I had some Open Passages (deposit made on board with no actual cruise booked) booked direct.  I no longer booked these, because they become a problem to use.

Some time ago when I applied a cruise and immediately attempted to transfer the booking, I was initially denied, because I had purchased the Open Passages about a year earlier. (Two different bookings)

I pushed back (little foggy on how) and Celebrity eventually allowed the transfer.  I believe there was an appeal process and I explained the situation.  

The bottom line is that I suggest you make the booking and request the transfer ASAP.  If denied (might not be denied), I would appeal.

Good luck

P.S.

This  was what I initially received when I tried to transfer my new bookings using an old Open Passages:

Please be advised that your request to transfer reservation #8170676 to be serviced by XXxxxxxxxxxx  has been denied due to the transfer request being past 60 days from the original reservation date.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

I then sent an e mail appealing.  I stated that I thought there was an error in their process as it should not have been denied.  They agreed and transferred my four bookings.

i suspect they have improved their process.

Edited by jagoffee

I've always gone by the 60 days from booking the actual cruise.    On a different thread a couple months ago a number of people said their agent was able to go past the 60 days.   Others insisted it was never permitted.  

Give it a try you have nothing to loose.

• Like 1