Sunset Veranda vs. Aqua Class on Edge

kebrown

I am thinking about booking a Sunset Veranda cabin on an Edge cruise because I would prefer to have a "true balcony".  However, on this same cruise that I am considering, Aqua Class cabins are $50.00 cheaper than the Sunset Veranda cabins.  Should I go with the Aqua Class cabin instead of the Sunset Veranda with the "true balcony"?  Is Aqua Class on the Edge a good experience compared to a Sunset Veranda cabin?  And why would Aqua Class be cheaper than a Sunset Veranda?  Very confused at this pricing by Celebrity.

There are so few non-Suite cabins with a true  veranda they command a premium.

We were in AQ on the Edge last year and the food, wine and service were the best we have had on our cruises in AQ (roughly 20).  The negative for some about Blu on the Edge is that there are few if any windows and the drapes are closed as they don’t lookout to the water.  We dine late so 95% of the time there is nothing to see out of the window. 
Tough decision.  

16 minutes ago, kebrown said:

Are the Aqua Class cabins interior the same size as the Sunset Veranda interior?

No.. the SV interior is larger...longer,  and has extra space  the same approx size of the Infinite Veranda.,,plus the huge outdoor balcony,

17 hours ago, kebrown said:

I am thinking about booking a Sunset Veranda cabin on an Edge cruise because I would prefer to have a "true balcony".  However, on this same cruise that I am considering, Aqua Class cabins are $50.00 cheaper than the Sunset Veranda cabins.  Should I go with the Aqua Class cabin instead of the Sunset Veranda with the "true balcony"?  Is Aqua Class on the Edge a good experience compared to a Sunset Veranda cabin?  And why would Aqua Class be cheaper than a Sunset Veranda?  Very confused at this pricing by Celebrity.

Sunset Veranda or aft-balcony is the way to go for Alaska.  We have been upgraded to Aqua once and it was nice, but would never pay the extra cost for it.

I was about to ask a similar question, we are considering Edge or Apex for a cruise next March 2021 and our last 3 cruises have been in AQ on the S class ships but I was wondering, would we miss out on the 4 dining rooms if we are in AQ and dine in Blu.

Not sure yet if we want to try the infinite veranda or get a sunset veranda but just focusing on the dining room questions.  Can anyone maybe @hcat expand on this?  I will now go and read your two reviews.  But how was breakfast in the MDR or Buffet? We like the relaxed breakfast atmosphere in Blu so much.