Hi NCL. You read here. Get things straight with the Dining Package terms

PortFees45

4 hours ago, dexddd said:

Maybe, maybe not.  I doubt you have data to support this.  Maybe NCL somehow does??

Maybe not in the specialties but I've seen tables close to ours where several apps and main dishes were ordered and the people took only small tastes and left the rest over.  What else do you do with your time while waiting a half hour between each course? LOL.

Edited by EllieinNJ

2 hours ago, gracef said:

What is the T and C? We are cruising in March and have the dining package and we have the Platinum dinners. Which would be most advantageous to use?

Terms and Conditions, they do not mention any limits for the package but do for the Platinum dinners however this is how it's supposed to be and may not be followed depending on the staff.

• 2 weeks later...

On our 02/29/2020 Breakaway sailing, we had consistently been told in our first 2 SPD restaurants that we were entitled to 1 appetizer, 1 soup/salad, and 1 entree. This killed the ambiance as I had to refer the servers to the Terms and Conditions. After these two negative experiences, I made a complaint to the Restaurant Manager, and Hernan Gonzalez Rios did follow-up with me. He did send a bottle of wine to the MDR one evening to try to make amends. Yet, he was insistent that we were only entitled to 1 appetizer and 1 soup/salad, but would make a concession to include unlimited appetizers/soups/salads at our 3rd SDP like he was doing a favor (which he was not). 

In the restaurants, I had only ordered 1 additional appetizer/soup/salad and this is what became frustrating to me. On past cruises with NCL, this had never been an issue with servers or the Restaurant Manager. The Terms and Conditions allow for additional appetizers and soups/salads (see here): All Specialty Restaurant menu items are included except Seafood Platter in Raw Bar. Premium menu item upcharges may apply. Additional entrée charges may apply.

These situations cause distress when I am trying to relax on vacation. As prior guests, we understand the terms and conditions and don't appreciate the misinformation from servers. 

Either change the Terms and conditions OR stop the misinformation. I know Herman knows better (with 20 + years on-board), as well. Luckily we had a great server in the MDR (Benedicto from the Philippines) that made our cruise a better experience. 

I was just on the Bliss. I can tell you that we were told (without asking) in 2 of the restaurants (Cagney's and one other, I think Ocean Blue) that we could order 1 appetizer, 1 starter (soup or salad), 1 entree, and 1 dessert (and in Cagney's, multiple sides). I had brought the T&C on the cruise in anticipation of this... but honestly? Did not want to argue, especially since we didn't want more than that anyway. I will post this on the big thread as well. 

• Like 1