Coronavirus

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 6:45 PM, howmuch! said:

Congratulations - wonders never cease. I would definitely buy a lottery ticket this week!!

I bought one - no luck, sadly!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2020 at 5:34 PM, MX-Drew said:

I have just had a call from my TA re my cancelled cruise on the 21st April. They called to say the refund has been requested from Marella and they asked if I wanted to rebook with Marella (Marella will give £200 per adult) or another cruise company (TA only deals in cruises). I asked for a full refund and the agent said "no problem" it will be processed asap.

MX-Drew did you receive your refund yet. We were booked on this same cruise and our TA is advising we won’t receive our refund until 60-90 days from requesting. We requested about the same time as you.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I've posted here several times about the saga of trying to get a refund, and wanted to update everyone on the latest. We have finally, FINALLY, managed to get a refund. After multiple calls and emails (most of the calls just rang out) I managed to speak to customer services on 16th June. They explained that the first 10 days after cruises began to be cancelled were a real problem for TUI and most of the refunds from that period still hadn't been paid. This was because Head Office didn't change any of their processes, so refunds were having to be processed through multiple departments all of whom were starting to close down/be furloughed, work from home. Our cruise was scheduled for 31st March, so was right in the middle of this period. When the customer service lady investigated she said that TUI had tried to send the payment to my bank in the middle of May but it had been rejected. Instead of then contacting me to check why, my refund seemed to have been stuck on the 'deal with it later' pile. It transpired that in the process of multiple departments dealing with the refund, 2 of the digits of my bank account number had been transposed which is why the bank rejected it. I was told that the Finance department would ring me to arrange for the refund to be recredited. That didn't happen, but instead a cheque arrived in the post 10 days later. I didn't want to jinx anything by posting this before the cheque had actually cleared, but now it has. 

So, I thought this might be helpful to those of us who have been waiting on refunds since the beginning of lockdown (Nancyneptune you spring to mind). If you can get through to customer services, have them double check all the bank details they have for you. I'm sure I'm not the only one this has happened to.

Our cruise next April out of Dubai cancelled - asked for deposit refund and received it, from initial request, in 6 days in my bank account. Cannot be too bad eh   Staff friendly and brilliant during phone calls - waiting time on phone just minutes