Coronavirus

Well with TUIs most recent unsurprising update regarding refunds, I'll be lucky to see my money before 2022

I remember when British Airways had the IT meltdown, our flights got cancelled and we had to book other flights out of pocket.

We didn't get that money back for about 6 months and there was Hella amounts of hoops to jump

Tui Refunds will be 12 months plus

First you need to wait for their credit note to arrive (post/email) no timeframe given on that.

That just gives you access to monopoly play money, you then need to sit in a telephone queue for what I can imagine will be 4hours plus with thousands of other victims begging for our money back

I feel like a bank, giving TUI a nice 0% interest loan for 12 months 😂

Nothing personal about TUI, nothing but Business

I won't be booking another holiday VIA TUI and hope they go bust, their employees will get new jobs.

Whilst the owners lose the most, as it should be.

If a company doesn't have enough capital to handle itself in the event of a disaster they shouldn't be trading, too many big wigs taking the big bonuses every year.

Edited by TheTraveller23

Thanks P and will do

We were contemplating(we ,ve had plenty time) moving our cruise  from this May to same itinerary May 2021 which presently is sitting at a price we,d be happy with

However,went back on TUI website to look at cancellation policy and FAQ

You can move your cruise/holiday to another date free of charge but to qualify/receive the up to 20% booking incentive you need to wait until you receive a refund credit 🤔

So basically no incentive too move holiday now

Jim, Its all a bit of a dogs breakfast at Tui.

On twitter, people who rebooked holidays recently, but before the latest refund credit + 20% incentive, are asking and being told by Tui, that the 20% can be applied retrospectively and to ring a Tui number.

Come the 'refund credit' announcement last Fri, everyone now has to wait 4 weeks after their planned holiday date, to even get an email about 'refund credit and an up to 20% incentive'.

Another few days and Tui will have dreamt up another scheme to fend off paying any money back

Edited by howmuch!

Success - almost! I received an email from TUI yesterday to say they have authorized my refund and it will be made to the credit card I used to pay. Just need to wait for the money to come back now, and then speak to the bank to get the money from my credit card and back into my current account.

22 hours ago, TheTraveller23 said:

I won't be booking another holiday VIA TUI and hope they go bust, their employees will get new jobs.

Rather a mean thing to say. I've been made redundant twice and wouldn't wish it on the ordinary employees of TUI. Getting jobs after the virus business is all over will be no easy task when the Government bring in massive austerity cuts to pay for everything they are currently spending.

4 minutes ago, vwgolf said:

Success - almost! I received an email from TUI yesterday to say they have authorized my refund and it will be made to the credit card I used to pay. Just need to wait for the money to come back now, and then speak to the bank to get the money from my credit card and back into my current account.

Dont get too excited, again on Twitter and Facebook, people with the similar emails are still waiting for the actual money to arrive, 4 - 5 weeks after

2 minutes ago, howmuch! said:

Dont get too excited, again on Twitter and Facebook, people with the similar emails are still waiting for the actual money to arrive, 4 - 5 weeks after

Thanks :classic_wacko:. I've waited four weeks from when they first said they'd refund me. Now just another five weeks to go...

19 minutes ago, vwgolf said:

Thanks :classic_wacko:. I've waited four weeks from when they first said they'd refund me. Now just another five weeks to go...

Ahh, didn't realise that. The second email you just received might be 'real money' not just a promise. Let us know when it arrives, as I haven't seen hardly any reports of actual money being deposited. Fingers crossed

9 hours ago, howmuch! said:

Jim, Its all a bit of a dogs breakfast at Tui.

On twitter, people who rebooked holidays recently, but before the latest refund credit + 20% incentive, are asking and being told by Tui, that the 20% can be applied retrospectively and to ring a Tui number.

Come the 'refund credit' announcement last Fri, everyone now has to wait 4 weeks after their planned holiday date, to even get an email about 'refund credit and an up to 20% incentive'.

Another few days and Tui will have dreamt up another scheme to fend off paying any money back

H

It certainly comes across as a dogs breakfast...

Having not booked through TUI pointless me calling them, that,ll be up to my TA but he,ll have the same issues as the normal punter on trying to get through and getting a definitive answer

I,ll just have to wait until my refund credit comes through but again whether that comes to me or my TA is anyones guess

Its difficult times for companies and equally much so for customers but in the grand scheme of things,getting a refund or refund credit isnt really important as theres a lot worse happening and concious of that

Conscious of people in much worse situation always.

The upto part of the discount is a bit like the upto x percent off sales in shops.  Very few, probably only one item has the full amount off.

There will be more conditions on the discount most likely.  I'm due my email on first of May so will report back.

10 hours ago, WeeCountyMan said:

Could a special edition of "Can't Pay ? We'll Take It Away" officers visiting Whigmore House be on the cards ?

☹️

Won't be the first time Tui have had a visit from the Sheriff's Officers to get a customer's money back. 

Remember a case from a consumer program on TV some time ago.

4 minutes ago, nancyneptune said:

Won't be the first time Tui have had a visit from the Sheriff's Officers to get a customer's money back. 

Remember a case from a consumer program on TV some time ago.

I missed that - would have been interesting.

On another travel forum I clocked a report that a TUI customer had recently initiated a County Court action to get a refund. That procedure is the legal process south of Hadrian's Wall of course - not sure how we disgruntled "Northern Britons" would follow suit.

Might be worth researching !!!

23 hours ago, howmuch! said:

Ahh, didn't realise that. The second email you just received might be 'real money' not just a promise. Let us know when it arrives, as I haven't seen hardly any reports of actual money being deposited. Fingers crossed

Money fully refunded and in my account. Woooo!!!

13 hours ago, jono75 said:

Conscious of people in much worse situation always.

The upto part of the discount is a bit like the upto x percent off sales in shops.  Very few, probably only one item has the full amount off.

There will be more conditions on the discount most likely.  I'm due my email on first of May so will report back.

It's "up to 20%" because they won't refund the difference if your new holiday cost less than 120% of your original. As long as your new holiday is 120% or more, then you'll get the full 20%

2 hours ago, vwgolf said:

Money fully refunded and in my account. Woooo!!!

Nice one, well done that man.

Incidentally, Simon Calder was on BBC Radio Scotland this morning - he reckons flights to Spain and Canaries have a fair chance of resuming July or August.

That came as a surprise to the show's host - as it will to many I suspect.