LAX hotel for very short stay

Nebr.cruiser

We arrive from Hawaii about 11:30 PM and fly out the next day at 10:45.  Since we will be in a hotel for a very short time, after customs, what would be a good choice?  Just need clean and convenient.  Are there any hotels attached to the airport?  Or any that have 24 hours shuttle service?  Don't want to pay a fortune for probably less than 6 hours.

I'd do some more research myself but we are visiting a place with very limited/slow internet.

There are no hotels attached to the airport but lots of them very close with shuttles.   Just check Google maps for LAX Airport Hotels, pick your favorite chain, then call the hotel local number to confirm late shuttle pickup.  We've stayed at the Four Points Sheraton and the Marriott.   

Yeah, that's a tough flight schedule. 

If you're flying in a cabin that gives you access to a lounge with showers & food, that might work out better.   LAX is a bit of a mess right now, & getting to & from the hotel, even with a shuttle might take a bit more time than you realize...  is your luggage checked through or do you have to recheck it?  

Yes, terrible schedule and I do not know if we have to recheck our luggage or not, as Hawaii to LA was scheduled with cruise air, LA to home on our own. 

I have checked; apparently lounges close at 12AM.  At this point we are considering just toughing it out in the airport, since even without having to recheck luggage we are looking at less than 6 hours in the hotel, if we are lucky.

I am also going to call the cruise air department to see if any other flight can be arranged--a red-eye would be better than this!  Or call airlines to see if we need to recheck.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

We booked a hotel for a good rate that has a 24 hour shuttle and 24 hour desk open.  It can be cancelled until the day before we get there, so if something changes, re Corona virus, flights, etc., we are covered.

Not a luxury hotel by any means, but more than good enough for six hours

!

We actually booked a La Quinta.  Since I doubt if we will make it to the hotel even by 1 AM, it will do just fine--fly out at 10:45 the next morning.

Not Hilton, but ok.  The other alternative was staying at the airport until the flight.  Or, of course, paying a lot more.

I'll do that, but it is not that easy to find hotels with 24 hr desks and shuttles.  And, we will probably be there about 6 hours, so we can put up with a few minuses.  Why is the location bad?

9 hours ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

I'll do that, but it is not that easy to find hotels with 24 hr desks and shuttles.  And, we will probably be there about 6 hours, so we can put up with a few minuses.  Why is the location bad?

The La Quinta is right next to the 405 and where the neighborhood surrounding goes downhill in a hurry. It is also a longish distance, relative to the Homewood Suites and Residence Inn.

I am certain any major chain at LAX, Hilton, Marriott etc is going to have a 24 hour desk and shuttle.

Thanks for the information.  La Quinta was the only hotel I could easily find out the shuttle/desk info on, also price was good.  We will probably stay there anyway, giving that we will probably be there only from 1 AM (or later) until 8 AM.  Anything has to be better than the airport.

We've been gone, with iffy internet connections.

And who knows, the cruise may get cancelled anyway, at this point not counting on anything!

Edited by Nebr.cruiser