Boarding Pass

DSimpson14

I believe after you complete check-in.  You used to be able to complete check-in whenever you wanted to, and therefore, could print out your boarding pass whenever you wanted to as well.  But now they have imposed a certain date that you have to wait until you can complete your online check-in.  And it seems that you can't print the boarding pass until this is done.

After your cruise is paid in full and you do your online check in. You do your online check-in 90 days prior to your sailing, but you cannot print your boarding pass until your cruise is paid in full. (Some people wait until the last minute, which is why that needed to be clarified)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

After your cruise is paid in full and you do your online check in. You do your online check-in 90 days prior to your sailing, but you cannot print your boarding pass until your cruise is paid in full. (Some people wait until the last minute, which is why that needed to be clarified)

After cruise is paid in full.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

correct Paid In Full and 90 days out. check in completion done

4 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

3 hours ago, skrufy said:

You also have to be 90 days (which for us was final payment date).  We paid in full the week before - to avoid any potential glitches - but couldn't do online check in until the 90 day mark even though paid in full.

20 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

19 hours ago, skrufy said:

18 hours ago, phoneman69 said:

correct Paid In Full and 90 days out. check in completion done

That's not true.  Our next cruise is Feb 20, 2021.  Our check in date is Nov 22, 2020.  Our final payment isn't due until Dec 7, 2020.  As soon as we are checked in, we can print our Boarding Pass.  

You can pay your cruise off as soon as you book it but you won't be able to check in until 90 days out.  Until you check in, you can't print the Boarding pass.  You  can however, print your luggage tags prior to checking in.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RWolver672 said:

That's not true.  Our next cruise is Feb 20, 2021.  Our check in date is Nov 22, 2020.  Our final payment isn't due until Dec 7, 2020.  As soon as we are checked in, we can print our Boarding Pass.  

You can pay your cruise off as soon as you book it but you won't be able to check in until 90 days out.  Until you check in, you can't print the Boarding pass.  You  can however, print your luggage tags prior to checking in.

You are right, you do print your boarding pass as soon as you check in, as long as you're paid in full. You can pay in full at any point up until the final payment date. But you cannot print your boarding pass until you're paid in full. You can do your online check-in without being paid in full, you just won't be able to print the boarding pass. Which is, exactly what I said. 

2 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

You are right, you do print your boarding pass as soon as you check in, as long as you're paid in full. You can pay in full at any point up until the final payment date. But you cannot print your boarding pass until you're paid in full. You can do your online check-in without being paid in full, you just won't be able to print the boarding pass. Which is, exactly what I said. 

If that's the case, they have changed it since 2017.  Our last cruise on the Horizon in 2017,  I was able to print our boarding pass as soon as I checked in and final payment hadn't been made yet.

8 minutes ago, RWolver672 said:

If that's the case, they have changed it since 2017.  Our last cruise on the Horizon in 2017,  I was able to print our boarding pass as soon as I checked in and final payment hadn't been made yet.

It's definitely changed within the past few years, but I couldn't tell you when. It used to be you could print everything as soon as you paid in full regardless of how long it was until your voyage, then they changed it to the 90 day check-in. Then they implemented check-in times for the cruise terminal (which you select at your 90 day check-in) and that's on your boarding pass also. I am sure someone will remember when the change was made, but I can barely remember yesterday.