What spa service would you recommend as a treat?

yvrbos

I love massages, but honestly I'd have to recommend getting one before you go or after you return. The ones I've had on board although good in the "feel" of them were made not enjoyable and not relaxing due to the continuous sales pitches all during the service. The last one I had (several cruises ago) I requested on the form I filled out pre-service and then again before the service with the masseuse not to be bothered with sales pitches. My request was ignored. I don't mind paying the inflated cruise spa service prices, but want to feel pampered, not pitched to buy products.

6 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

I love massages, but honestly I'd have to recommend getting one before you go or after you return. The ones I've had on board although good in the "feel" of them were made not enjoyable and not relaxing due to the continuous sales pitches all during the service. The last one I had (several cruises ago) I requested on the form I filled out pre-service and then again before the service with the masseuse not to be bothered with sales pitches. My request was ignored. I don't mind paying the inflated cruise spa service prices, but want to feel pampered, not pitched to buy products.

So pleased I read this as I was considering but hate what is supposed to be a service becoming a sales event. May look at something pre cruise or a couple of weeks post cruise to cheer me up!

1 minute ago, chemmo said:

So pleased I read this as I was considering but hate what is supposed to be a service becoming a sales event. May look at something pre cruise or a couple of weeks post cruise to cheer me up!

Definitely! My DH is retired from a managerial insurance sales career, so rest assured I'm quite immune to sales tactics, but I love a massage where I can completely relax in a quiet setting. At home I've been known to fall into a dead sleep on occasion and those are the massages I love the best. That was impossible on board. The last one the masseuse was trying to sell me a $75 body brush along with the benefits of using it! That was the last one I'll ever get on board. It's funny you were responding to this post. I was just reading your post about booking a RD vs and NRD and thinking I'd not seen any of your posts in a while. We're sailing in a few weeks and I'll not be in the spa except for my visits to the Persian Gardens.

5 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

The spa is changing in May or so on the Ships.  Canyon Ranch is being booted off.  They are bringing in One Spa World or the old Steiner.  Would not look into it to much until getting feedback on the change.  

Is this true on all X ships? I knew they were the spa providers on Edge Class, but was unaware that it was fleet wide. I hope that's true, I much preferred Steiner to CR.

On the Edge, this past  Sept., we had Steiner. On the Reflection, a few weeks ago, it was Canyon Ranch. Both were great. It really is as good as the masseuse you happen to get. Since we usually don't know them and don't have recommendations, like at home, it's a matter of luck. I never heard of One Spa World.

13 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Definitely! My DH is retired from a managerial insurance sales career, so rest assured I'm quite immune to sales tactics, but I love a massage where I can completely relax in a quiet setting. At home I've been known to fall into a dead sleep on occasion and those are the massages I love the best. That was impossible on board. The last one the masseuse was trying to sell me a $75 body brush along with the benefits of using it! That was the last one I'll ever get on board. It's funny you were responding to this post. I was just reading your post about booking a RD vs and NRD and thinking I'd not seen any of your posts in a while. We're sailing in a few weeks and I'll not be in the spa except for my visits to the Persian Gardens.

Don

I do not recommend a Deep Tissue Massage (Canyon Ranch).  I was sore for a week.

Looking at the list of new spa services, it just looks like a way to make more money than they already do right now.

Edited by zitsky

2 minutes ago, cantstopingcruising said:

On the Edge, this past  Sept., we had Steiner. On the Reflection, a few weeks ago, it was Canyon Ranch. Both were great. It really is as good as the masseuse you happen to get. Since we usually don't know them and don't have recommendations, like at home, it's a matter of luck. I never heard of One Spa World.

one spa world is Steiner its there official name I guess.  Same as edge 

1 minute ago, bikerunner said:

one spa world is Steiner its there official name I guess.  Same as edge 

Is it definite that all ships are changing over?  I guess I'll wait until May/June to book anything on the Reflection.

49 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

My initial response to you seems to have disappeared..apologies if it now appears twice.

Simply, I do hate sales pitches...I can be assertive on my own doorstep but don’t want to have to feel guilty saying ‘no’ to items I don’t want to purchase on my holiday!

Nice to have been missed! I have added an odd comment to the posts of others but as our next cruise isn’t until October I have been more of an avid reader than poster in recent months.

Good news...Our next cruise is from Southampton so no opportunity for airlines to loose our suitcases and I can take as many posh frocks as I like!!!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I would suggest that you use an experienced agent in the future since you seem to have little knowledge of cruiseline policies.

By the way, the suite experience on Celebrity is quite pleasant.

9 hours ago, justcrusn said:

I’m so puzzled here. The OP booked a $19,000 vacation, NONREFUNDABLE With a travel agent  (not celebritycruises) and is upset there is a $100 fee to modify it?
Or presumably $900 to just walk away? 

Seems like a small amount in the big scheme of things and not really a cruiseline complaint.

Just my two cents, but pay the $100 and chalk it up to experience.

11 minutes ago, yvrbos said:

A massage seems like a nice choice, but I wonder about the rest of the services. Does anyone have experience with other spa services that would be a good idea to try?

Has anyone done acupuncture?

49 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Day pass let's you use sauna, loungers, etc.  You don't get any treatments correct? 

Yes, no treatment is included. 
I’d rather have a day pass, then pay for a treatment, where you don’t get access to the rest of the spa.