Sapphire Princess Suites

datone

I am looking at booking a suite for an upcoming cruise and am leaning towards one of these D738 / D739 / C750 / C755.   However, it says on the description that the balcony is partly obstructed due to support beam.   Can anyone give me any information as to how much this intrudes on the view.    This will be our first time in a suite so would like to make the most of it so thinking maybe we should just pay more and go for one of the penthouse suites mid-ship on Caribe Deck.   Are they substantially better than the less expensive Vista suites?   Any details would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks. 

Years ago we were in a Vista Suite on the Dolphin deck on the Sapphire.  We loved it!  The balcony is large (much much larger than the pictures above) and the area behind the beam provided some shade and/or a place to tuck the dining table. 

Here's a picture (I just Googled Sapphire Dolphin Deck Vista Suite):

395501426259059.JPG

Vista suite is to way to go... note deck 9 the balcony is a lot wider....  but view and room size on any deck is great..... I would not spend the extra on a penthouse suite....

you do not get much different, the one little thing is you get is shelves on either side on the vanity in the bathroom .....

All the balconies have two sun lounges and large table with either 2 or 4 chairs.

Cheers Don

( aft suite is the only way to go )

We were in D738 on the Sapphire last year and have been in a few other aft suites with the beam "problem".  It's fine.  Lots of room to enjoy the balcony and you get the best view back there.  Here's a couple of pictures.

Beam is to the left of the table.

IMG_5849.thumb.JPG.15aae983ff06e8c5e5c2e405669a1a8f.JPG

The rest of the balcony looking from the right of the table.

IMG_5850.thumb.JPG.21b54d06c256ab9c0f15030844d87b6f.JPG

Final picture with me in it and beam to my left - another great perk of getting a full suite is being able to order from the MDR menu through Room Service which we did on formal night!

IMG_6201.thumb.JPG.3eb81fc30da2229e4d666ee305115292.JPG

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 1