Celebrity App (iOS) Not Working

sensfantoronto

There was an update to the iOS version of the app on Feb. 20/21, & now the app will not allow me to log-in.

The update automatically logged me out & when i attempt to login, it will not accept my credentials. This is on both my iPad (Mini- 5th generation) & iPhoneXS.

The same is true of my wife's app on her iPhone11.

We sail aboard Equinox this coming Saturday, Feb. 29, & certainly hope the issue is resolved by then, as I looked forward to using the app on-board. I'd prefer it get resolved even sooner so i can look at the calendar before the cruise (i'm told as we get closer to sail date, activites/etc... will begin loading into the app calendar).

I've emailed & Twitter private messaged Celebrity yesterday about the issue.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Delete the app and reinstall it, that worked for me, have a great cruise!

This worked for both devices. Thanks for the suggestion. A minor issue, as I assume it will repopulate soon, ut our booked events are not appearing in thecalendar now, whereas they were prior to this (5 night specialty dining package and a behind the scenes tour of the ship excursion).

Sent from my iPad using Forums
  • Like 1

The app  was not reliable on board.  Menus did not correspond to what was being served in the restaurant.  Also, you were not able to add events on your own once on board.  I was able to add events prior to the cruise but not when on the ship.  We went back to using the Celebrity Today in paper format. So I you want to add reminders or private tours,  you should do so before you leave home.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sensfantoronto said:

I spoke too soon. The app on my iPhone works, but on the iPad reinstalling did not work. I’ll try deleting & reinstalling later today, I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've heard of a couple reports that it doesn't work well on an IPad.    Might also try a hard boot once installed.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've heard of a couple reports that it doesn't work well on an IPad.    Might also try a hard boot once installed.  

I gave up on IPad. No idea of the problem. On board a nice idea but looking at the TV in my cabin or the restaurant works. A bit of extra walking burns a few calories

1 hour ago, keesar said:

The app  was not reliable on board.  Menus did not correspond to what was being served in the restaurant.  Also, you were not able to add events on your own once on board.  I was able to add events prior to the cruise but not when on the ship.  We went back to using the Celebrity Today in paper format. So I you want to add reminders or private tours,  you should do so before you leave home.

When was your cruise and on what ship?

3 minutes ago, sensfantoronto said:

Thanks for all your suggestions. I can now definitely report the app is working for me on both the iPad & iPhone. All my reservations are also appearing in the app calendar again. Ready for next week!

Fantastic.... perseverance paid off for you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Oville said:

When was your cruise and on what ship?

I just got off the Equinox this week.  We were not able to add events taking place  or reminders to our personal planner on the app once on the ship.  We went to technical support and were told not able to so at this time.  Then the menus were not correct.  Many of us went back to the reliable Celebrity Today or visited the restaurants during the day to see what was on the menu.

We had two iPhones and a iPad and no success.  

Edited by keesar

2 hours ago, keesar said:

I just got off the Equinox this week.  We were not able to add events taking place  or reminders to our personal planner on the app once on the ship.  We went to technical support and were told not able to so at this time.  Then the menus were not correct.  Many of us went back to the reliable Celebrity Today or visited the restaurants during the day to see what was on the menu.

Ugh😮

2 hours ago, keesar said:

So sorry to hear.   Ours worked perfect on Edge and with the exception of it showing the wrong closing time of Luminae one night it was pretty reliable.

I initially couldn't set up Iain for messaging and found out from John, the Retreat Concierge that Iain had the same e-mail in his profile as mine which was preventing it to work.   We changed his e-mail and started working perfectly.

38 minutes ago, Oville said:

Ugh😮

Let me explain.  Before our trip, I went to my Cruise Planner on My Reservation using my MacBook and added things like Walk to El Moro at the 4 pm time slot in San Juan.  No problem.  But on board, I wanted to add events like participate in  Motown Trivia but was not able to do that. My Walk to El Moro was still there but  I could not make any adjustments once on board.  It is a work in progress....

6 minutes ago, keesar said:

Let me explain.  Before our trip, I went to my Cruise Planner on My Reservation using my MacBook and added things like Walk to El Moro at the 4 pm time slot in San Juan.  No problem.  But on board, I wanted to add events like participate in  Motown Trivia but was not able to do that. My Walk to El Moro was still there but  I could not make any adjustments once on board.  It is a work in progress....

For sure, it seems to work very well on Edge.  We board Silhouette on March 6th and all our Specialty Restaurants are showing up.  Now Im bit nervous as it may not work as well as it did on the Edge.

Thanks for your response, Katie

• 2 years later...

My First time on Celebrity I booked and downloaded app. It asks the questions to use camera, wifi, etc. Then it says lets look up your cruises and "Link a cruise" comes up. I enter all the relevent information and it just says "This reservation was previously linked to your account, so I click OK and it wont move past that screen??? I have deleted and reinstalled am i doing something wrong????

i recently did the iphone upgrade to ios 15 to get my royal caribbean app to work for our upcoming cruises-   had to delete old app and reinstall-   i have tried doing this for my celebrity app and it still not working for our april 2024 celebrity reflection cruise-   any idea what i should do next?  i have deleted and reinstalled the X app 3 times now and still not working right....

6 hours ago, piercetc4 said:

i recently did the iphone upgrade to ios 15 to get my royal caribbean app to work for our upcoming cruises-   had to delete old app and reinstall-   i have tried doing this for my celebrity app and it still not working for our april 2024 celebrity reflection cruise-   any idea what i should do next?  i have deleted and reinstalled the X app 3 times now and still not working right....

Wait 18 months? Seriously, I have had little issue with the app, but the system is not great about populating the data base with information on far off cruises. Recently for example my December 2022 does show some information, my August 2022 not so much. My February and June 2022 cruises were fine. At least “fine” a few weeks or months out.

When you do get on board, remember to hit the refresh button at least once a day. There is a guy who tries to update the onboard site which the app draws from. Eg, a Speaker was scheduled at 0930. Saw him early that morning, he said it was changed to 1000, I hit refresh on the app and the info updated to the revised time. 
Stan

Edited by GottaKnowWhen