Terrible Havana Experience Aboard Vista

SailorMarg

On 2/22/2020 at 2:51 PM, SailorMarg said:
We were on the February 8, 2020 Sailing of the Vista, and I can’t tell you how disappointed I am in how much I did *not* enjoy the Havana experience this year.

We sailed the Carnival Vista in the Havana area this time last year and were so impressed I booked the same area for this year in a Havana Suite and for 2021 in a Havana Cabana and 2022 in a Havana Suite. I’ve spent the past year on the many online cruising sites telling anyone who would listen how fantastic the Havana experience is.  That will no longer be the story I tell on these online sites although I was hoping to add to my new telling that Carnival was gracious in handling my concerns.   Unfortunately I have only received platitudes from Carnival and no assurances that they intend to make any reasonable changes.

We were in Suite 5236 and the noise from the Havana Bar every night made sleeping impossible.  The music and singing from the dining room below us during each evening's “showtime” was unacceptably loud in our cabin.  Both of these things could possibly have been overlooked. But what was inexcusable was the inability of the Havana staff to maintain a safe and pleasant environment in the Havana area, an area that we pay a hefty premium to enjoy.  It is not possible to enjoy the area when the Havana staff allow other passengers to loudly play their personal music on their personal speakers set up poolside where all other passengers were subjected to whatever that passenger chose to blare out of their speakers.  I brought my concern to the Havana area attendant and was told they couldn’t do anything about it.  I eventually called Guest Services, each time the attendant allowed this to happen, and security was sent to tell the passengers to turn off their speakers.  The overly intoxicated passengers then made a big deal about who was “snitching to security” and made the entire situation very uncomfortable.  Along with the private speakers being played, the Havana attendants did little to control the out of control antics such a “cannonball” jumping into the pool soaking everyone sitting on the pool's edge and nearly landing on people in the pool. It was unsafe and very unpleasant.

I expect that I will just have to understand that my fellow Havana passengers were the luck of the draw, and I drew a very bad lot this cruise. I did expect that the Havana staff would do more than stand idly by allowing this ruckus and mayhem to unfold day after day.  Understand that if you are considering paying the high premium  for a Havana cabin and are hoping for a relaxing space, it will come down to whether your fellow Havana passengers will play nice because the staff will do nothing to control any passengers who choose to ruin the experience for everyone else.  I will not be taking that risk again.

I no longer have any desire to stay in Carnival's Havana area after suffering through a very unpleasant $4000+ frat house experience this past week, or aboard any Carnival ship in the foreseeable future.  I was working toward becoming a platinum passenger by the end of 2021 with my bookings, but that is no longer something I want.  

Just saw I was posting on an old thread….my bad

Edited by jimbo5544

15 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

In my experience there isn't much difference, other than they preface their rude, obnoxious complaints with "Do you know how much I paid for this cruise?"

Some well-to-do travelers can't go seconds without judging, snubbing noses, bragging, etc. "We accomplished this". "Ohhhhh, you do/did that?!...." Gets old real fast.

I agree that there will be annoying people anywhere. On a cruise. On land. The behavior may be different from financial status. Not even close to the majority of people are bad though. I don't really pay attention to what others do. I won't lie, there have been 1 or 2 times where I relocated to another spot because of the people nearby. That's where it ends for me. It hasn't ruined an entire trip for me. I don't wait to get home to tell everyone how terrible it was. I focus on enjoying my trip. Which I always do.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2020 at 3:52 PM, Banditswife said:

I had a major complaint about Vista as well, guest services didn't do much.  I ended up emailing Carnival & immediately got a call from a very snippy associate.  She just went on & on about how it didn't happen, because no one else reported it.  My request to all who have major concerns like Sailormarg had: contact Carnival in an email.  If they continually get similar complaints, they might start to address the issues we are experiencing.

I had a similar event except mine wascan abusive domestic violence. I notified security and guest services who did nothing. In the last night its turned violent. I asked to be moved for the night, even to their cheapest cabin, and they still said no.  Per their policy, they are too move you. Then security and guest services lied to corporate.  Carnival attracts a rowdier crowd.  Never again

• Haha 1

• 8 months later...
On 2/22/2020 at 2:51 PM, SailorMarg said:
We were in Suite 5236 and the noise from the Havana Bar every night made sleeping impossible.  

Yes I am aware this is a reply to an old topic. But I am doing it to add info related to this discussion. 

This is EXACTLY WHY I do my own booking and look at the deck plans. Just looking at the deck plans could have informed you where the cabin was located, and that it was directly next to the band stand. 

I'm surprised they allowed guests to "cannonball" into the pool.  When I was in the Havana area on the Panorama, they wouldn't even allow guest to jump into the pool from the side, much less dive in.  I'm surprised people were allowed to play their personal music devices as well, that seems really invasive, we don't all like the same things, I would never presume to play my music in public in that way.  Sorry your experience was so negative.  The worst part of my Havana experience was the soot......

On 2/22/2020 at 6:58 PM, SailorMarg said:

I have emailed Carnival's executive offices, and have contacted John Heald.  Thus far I have received only platitudes. 

And that is what you are going to get.  What do you want them to do?  There is no solution and they are not going to be over dictative about guest behavior or rule following.  they never have been.  Carnival is not your cruise line if you expect every little complaint to be dealt with.  I appreciate your issue, but it is what it is.  

On 2/23/2020 at 12:09 AM, JCinATL said:

It is, in fact, against Carnival's rules.  It's not listed in a very prominent place; I found it while reading ALL the fine print to find something else that I was looking for.

Everyone knows that carnival does not enforce what some would consider little rules.