A 'Subtle' Change To Our Itinerary!

snaefell

Very much looking forward to our March 22nd 2021 5 night cruise out of Singapore on Quantum,we love the ship & Singapore & were planning to spend time in Singapore at the end of the cruise,after a 'heads up' from someone on CC I checked our Cruise Planner to find that it has changed to a 14 night cruise from Singapore to Tokyo,no message from out TA or RCI so no idea of cost,I wonder how long they may have left it that way for such a subtle change to the Itinerary!?!

Just out of interest we had origionally booked Anthem out of New York for April 2020 but changed the money over to this cruise after they dropped Halifax from that cruise,the novelty is definately wearing off!

41 minutes ago, snaefell said:

I wonder how long they may have left it that way for such a subtle change to the Itinerary!?!

This issue has been subject of at least two other threads in the past couple of days. The 21-22 deployment thread will discuss this.

14 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

This issue has been subject of at least two other threads in the past couple of days. The 21-22 deployment thread will discuss this.

I wonder if it will discuss how my Wife is going to get the  extra time off work having already had murder getting time off for a 10 day break even this far ahead!

2 minutes ago, snaefell said:

I wonder if it will discuss how my Wife is going to get the  extra time off work having already had murder getting time off for a 10 day break even this far ahead!

Don't do anything yet, but I suggest you start planning for an alternative vacation at that time.

13 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Don't do anything yet, but I suggest you start planning for an alternative vacation at that time.

Really annoying as it was pretty much the 'perfect cruise' for us,especially coming after they tampered with the other cruise,just lucky I guess!

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

This issue? The changing of a 5 day Singapore to Singapore cruise to a 14 night Singapore to Tokyo cruise? I must have missed that one - and can't find where it's discussed on the 21-22 deployment thread either . There is discussion that it may or may not move to LA but I can't see where the OP's particular subject has been discussed. 

Edited by Bobal
Mistaken date

2 hours ago, snaefell said:

Very much looking forward to our March 22nd 2021 5 night cruise out of Singapore on Quantum,we love the ship & Singapore & were planning to spend time in Singapore at the end of the cruise,after a 'heads up' from someone on CC I checked our Cruise Planner to find that it has changed to a 14 night cruise from Singapore to Tokyo,no message from out TA or RCI so no idea of cost,I wonder how long they may have left it that way for such a subtle change to the Itinerary!?!

Just out of interest we had origionally booked Anthem out of New York for April 2020 but changed the money over to this cruise after they dropped Halifax from that cruise,the novelty is definately wearing off!

Are you expected to pay extra? I mean it would seem certain you would but seems unfair at the same time! What if you had already paid in full? 😊

7 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

My mistake. Jumped in too soon, thinking it was a repositioning THIS year due to Coronavirus. Have deleted my additional comment so as not to confuse the OP. Thanks for the clarification

21 hours ago, shopaholic6 said:

Are you expected to pay extra? I mean it would seem certain you would but seems unfair at the same time! What if you had already paid in full? 😊

Would be nice in a way if we didn't have to pay extra but we couldn't be that lucky!

I keep telling myself that I have always wanted to see the blossom in Japan which is I guess this cruise is aimed at but the other half of it,Hong Kong & Vietnam were stops on our last cruise in October 2019,really enjoyed them but were really looking forward to the stops on the 5 night cruise which were new to us!

5 hours ago, snaefell said:

Would be nice in a way if we didn't have to pay extra but we couldn't be that lucky!

I keep telling myself that I have always wanted to see the blossom in Japan which is I guess this cruise is aimed at but the other half of it,Hong Kong & Vietnam were stops on our last cruise in October 2019,really enjoyed them but were really looking forward to the stops on the 5 night cruise which were new to us!

That definitely would be great if you didn’t have to pay, but I know Royal never misses a trick when it comes to money 😂

I too would love to see the cherry blossom but I understand about wanting to go to the other new places, rather than places you have already been to!

I hope it works out for you - keep us updated! 😊

20 minutes ago, snaefell said:

Latest on this,I have received an email from Royal saying that I am mistaken & that the March 22nd 2021 cruise has ALWAYS been a 14 night cruise to Tokyo,somebody is telling porkies!

Anybody else had THIS problem before!?!?

So your booking is now a 14 day cruise for the price of the original 5 day cruise? In this case I would not argue it further but e.g. by the looking at the booking conditions everyone should easily be able to identify that the original booking was for a short cruise. 

My partner and I have also booked this cruise as part of a package including flights and hotel stay (we're based in the UK). My Royal Caribbean account is now showing the 14 night cruise to Tokyo rather than the 5 night Singapore cruise - same ship, Quantum, and cabin allocation. I have not received any notice from either Royal Caribbean or the travel agent on the change. The trip details on the travel agents portal have not changed though. Very odd!

I checked on the Royal Caribbean website and I can see no 5 night Singapore cruises on offer at all over in March and only one in February. It looks as though there has been a major revamp of Quantum's cruise itineraries as there seem to be a whole lot of new cruises out of Japan now that I don't recall seeing before.

Final payment is not due until November and we are flexible in the dates we can go. If Royal/the TA will honor the same package cost for the changed itinerary then we would be happy to go on the 14 day cruise to Tokyo - although I doubt that will happen! 

We are just going to wait and see what happens. Travel in Asia is a bit up in the air at the moment and as this is over a year away it is probably low down the list of priorities.

• Like 2

There are now several threads discussing the cancelled/changed Quantum sailings for next year.

Update on the Quantum per Royal:

March 22, 2021, originally a 5-day sailing is now a 14-day sailing, Singapore to Tokyo...ending April 5, 2021.

April 5, 2021 to April 15, 2021, roundtrip Tokyo.

April 15, 2021 to April 25, 2021, roundtrip Tokyo.

Numerous sailings were canceled...most notably the April 17 to April 21, and April 21 to April 25...there are members of Cruise Critic that are/were booked on those canceled sailings...the plan was to disembark the Quantum (supposed to be ending in Singapore), then walk over to the Ovation.  Both ships were originally scheduled to be in Singapore on April 25, 2021.

I jokingly told Royal that if we stay on the Quantum...which they changed to now end in Tokyo...it will be a long walk to the Ovation.  😆