Marella Dream left Dry Dock?

Shes set sail for Valletta today Gavin Carroll CD embarked yesterday after flying into Zagreb Her home port in summer is Palma but she is cruising from Malaga until May First cruise listed is 8th March but it could be this Sunday 1st March and sold out.

I think the first cruise is 1st March, as we are booked on the 8th March sailing, and I'm fairly sure when we booked last September that there was a date for the 1st (which is a different itinerary).

Hope I'm right, so they can iron out any issues for us!

Edited by howmuch!

We're  thinking of booking for end of June for a sneaky one!! We're on Explorer from Corfu September for a week and 3 weeks on Discovery (hopefully) from Dubai back to Palma in April.

Love Dream and think Gavin is a great CD and wish you a great cruise

Please let us know what she looks like after the refit, although it seems as though most of it is mechanical.

Its about 4 yrs since we were last on the Dream, so I'm not sure I'll recognise the changes, but I'll try to send something. This is our only outstanding booking for this year so far. I'm holding off booking anything else at the moment, due to possible pandemic. We are due to tour France and Spain with our caravan May/June for 6 weeks, so keeping fingers crossed we actually set off!

Edited by howmuch!

I do hope you are able to get away with your caravan and the whole UK isn't in lockdown

Those Chinese have a lot to answer for and the first thing they should do is shut down all the exotic animal markets - 🦏 🐅🐒🐨🦇🐢🐪 And completely stupid thinking that keratine has magical powers they should bite their nails instead 

Not just the Chinese, the 'spanish' flu epidemic in 1918/19 which killed at least 50 million people started in Kansas when a farm worker caught it from domestic ducks or chickens whatever. Called Spanish flu because as a neutral country there was free reporting of it there unlike at home where the government suppressed news in case panic ensued and damaged the war production.

3 hours ago, howmuch! said:

Its about 4 yrs since we were last on the Dream, so I'm not sure I'll recognise the changes, but I'll try to send something. This is our only outstanding booking for this year so far. I'm holding off booking anything else at the moment, due to possible pandemic. We are due to tour France and Spain with our caravan May/June for 6 weeks, so keeping fingers crossed we actually set off!

We are driving back to Italy next week,driving thru the whole length of the infected area.Staying the 1st night right on the edge of it in Modena.Great forward planning of us a few weeks ago.LOL.

46 minutes ago, brian1 said:

We are driving back to Italy next week,driving thru the whole length of the infected area.Staying the 1st night right on the edge of it in Modena.Great forward planning of us a few weeks ago.LOL.

Things are changing rapidly Brian, you may not be going back🤔  let's hope things quieten down soon. The problem is that people who have been in northern Italy and other places are being asked to self isolate which is common sense but I know people who would ignore the health minister and just carry on as normal. 

We were planning to book a cruise early May but going to wait and see how things pan out.

2 hours ago, dronnygirl said:

Things are changing rapidly Brian, you may not be going back🤔  let's hope things quieten down soon. The problem is that people who have been in northern Italy and other places are being asked to self isolate which is common sense but I know people who would ignore the health minister and just carry on as normal. 

We were planning to book a cruise early May but going to wait and see how things pan out.

This region is the industrial hub of Italy.Any disruption would cripple an already dodgy economy.Keep my fingers crossed,we are as far South as you can get.All the towns affected only add up to 50000 total population.

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

This region is the industrial hub of Italy.Any disruption would cripple an already dodgy economy.Keep my fingers crossed,we are as far South as you can get.All the towns affected only add up to 50000 total population.

Keeping fingers crossed for you too! Hope all goes well

• Thanks 1

The Dream appears to have diverted off its port schedule - according to cruisemapper, it appears to be leaving Valencia, whereas today it should have been in Palma, then heading towards Toulon?

1 hour ago, howmuch! said:

The Dream appears to have diverted off its port schedule - according to cruisemapper, it appears to be leaving Valencia, whereas today it should have been in Palma, then heading towards Toulon?

I understand they have changed things due to adverse weather in the region