RCL Stock

heidikay

When I read the reason why being the fact that cruisers would pay the going price no matter how much it was increased I knew they would drag the other cruiselines up along with it!

5 minutes ago, blyle said:

When I read the reason why being the fact that cruisers would pay the going price no matter how much it was increased I knew they would drag the other cruiselines up along with it!

Where did you read this is why the stock is soaring?

"Chad Grospe, who has been based at Royal Caribbean International’s headquarters in Miami, relocated to Singapore as VP and MD Asia-Pacific.

Grospe replaced Angie Stephen, who is now SVP international.

He has been with RCI since 2017, most recently supporting the international marketing team across Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean.

Grospe said he is ‘thrilled’ to be able to build on the record-breaking business and accomplishments of Angie Stephen.

Immense potential

‘The Asia-Pacific region holds immense potential and I am excited to work closely with our talented team to push the envelope of what’s possible in the holiday industry,’ he said.

Grospe’s appointment comes ahead of the arrival of Ovation of the Seas in Singapore in October and Anthem of the Seas in November.

Royal Caribbean International’s GM Australasia, Gavin Smith, will report to Stephen."

Royal Caribbean elevates Chad Grospe to VP and MD Asia-Pacific (seatrade-cruise.com)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

RCL stock dropped to 130 the morning it opened after the Japanese carry trade fiasco and recovered to 160. Last friday dropped to 155s and recovered to 160 161 range. Yesterday dropped to 154.08. Closed 158. Lower lows. 

Every travel stock that reported in august forecast fewer bookings. Bank Of America yesterday said same number of travel $$$ being spent but more transactions on credit cards. Prices are normalizing. I dont see the big price jumps lately from royal like a year ago. Prices finally seem to have run into a brick wall. Of course some go up and down but not thr pricing power of before except for Icon and Star.

I've seen some prices dropping a lot after final payment. I bought a last minute cruise to Bermuda which you would think would be sky high. 3 days later insides dropped over $300 and $50 obc offered. I booked a kv and it too dropped and obc offered to fill the ship. Balconys and suites showed filled but they lowered prices rock bottom, especially for insides. Next time I'll wait I guess but who knows. I've also seen a peice drop I  dec. Others have posted keep checking for price drops, so others also seeing lower prices. So RCL isnt immune to what other travel stocks are seeing.

Its going to be hard to grow earnings in multiples like this year, but a new ship each year adds berths. It's like a company buying another company and adding those earnings to their own and saying see how fast we are growing. I have no idea where it is going. Consolidating isnt a bad thing. I do have two lower buys in at 150 and 152 gtc..good for 60 days while I cancel. More and more talk of a recession. I'll be cruising a lot and cant watch. So just put in guesses. I have no idea where the market is going. Last year was oct lows and people who bought were rewarded but who knows next year. I'm still bullish. A new ship each year with more berths still adds to the bottom line and who looks at debt? Few look at debt imo. 

Anyone else with thoughts on rcl? I'm doubling down if it goes lower or holding. But I dont think its immune to what's going on in travel. Zachs is always pushing rcl as a good buy. Just a note of interest about cyber security I saw ZS ZScaler say royalcaribbean was a client. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Thanks 1

Oil is a 2 edged sword. If it's high it's bad for rcl and if its low like now its worrisome that demand from the consumer is dropping and a sign we could be going into a recession. Oil demand from china was one of the first warning signs that China was in trouble. People kept expecting demand to pick back up and it didnt.

Saudi has been able to keep the price of oil over $80 and then lately its fallen below $70 and people are shocked. Idk if it's still true but CCL doesnt hedge oil but RCL a long time ago said it hedged oil out about 6 months so protected again upside. Fell like a rock on lower consumer demand almost out of nowhere so fast. Saudis were about to kick into higher production and cant without dropping the oil price even lower. So while lower oil good for RCL it means the consumer has weakened. 

I'm a bull on RCL as always and watching to buy more on any weaknesses. The big drop the morning of the Japanese carry trade you had to have your buy in before the market opened. It dropped so fast and recovered. I bought NVDA and AVGO. Wish I'd also thought of RCL. 

Opened down, mornings have been weak lately and then by close RCL recovers as if the drop never happened. 1 day and 5 day charts show the drop and how volatile it's been lately. Yesterdays drop to 154.08 was like a knife thru butter so fast.

20240911_093714672.jpeg

20240911_093806343.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, firefly333 said:

RCL stock dropped to 130 the morning it opened after the Japanese carry trade fiasco and recovered to 160. Last friday dropped to 155s and recovered to 160 161 range. Yesterday dropped to 154.08. Closed 158. Lower lows. 

Every travel stock that reported in august forecast fewer bookings. Bank Of America yesterday said same number of travel $$$ being spent but more transactions on credit cards. Prices are normalizing. I dont see the big price jumps lately from royal like a year ago. Prices finally seem to have run into a brick wall. Of course some go up and down but not thr pricing power of before except for Icon and Star.

I've seen some prices dropping a lot after final payment. I bought a last minute cruise to Bermuda which you would think would be sky high. 3 days later insides dropped over $300 and $50 obc offered. I booked a kv and it too dropped and obc offered to fill the ship. Balconys and suites showed filled but they lowered prices rock bottom, especially for insides. Next time I'll wait I guess but who knows. I've also seen a peice drop I  dec. Others have posted keep checking for price drops, so others also seeing lower prices. So RCL isnt immune to what other travel stocks are seeing.

Its going to be hard to grow earnings in multiples like this year, but a new ship each year adds berths. It's like a company buying another company and adding those earnings to their own and saying see how fast we are growing. I have no idea where it is going. Consolidating isnt a bad thing. I do have two lower buys in at 150 and 152 gtc..good for 60 days while I cancel. More and more talk of a recession. I'll be cruising a lot and cant watch. So just put in guesses. I have no idea where the market is going. Last year was oct lows and people who bought were rewarded but who knows next year. I'm still bullish. A new ship each year with more berths still adds to the bottom line and who looks at debt? Few look at debt imo. 

Anyone else with thoughts on rcl? I'm doubling down if it goes lower or holding. But I dont think its immune to what's going on in travel. Zachs is always pushing rcl as a good buy. Just a note of interest about cyber security I saw ZS ZScaler say royalcaribbean was a client. 

I don’t know where you got the $130 number, according to what I found, the real low for the day was $156.01.

1 hour ago, grandgeezer said:

I don’t know where you got the $130 number, according to what I found, the real low for the day was $156.01.

Stocks briefly touched unexpected lows the day of the yen japanese carry trade. I'm 100% sure that morning briefly it was below 156. I bought nvda 92 and avgo 129. Neither of those touched those levels since either and both bounced about 30 points. Sold the nvda at 130 I bought at 92 that morning and already bought it back. And avgo at 129 went to 161 almost immediately. Still holding avgo, I bought fewer shares, just the nvda had a lot more shares. That was one crazy morning. Many were saying wait it will go lower. I bought but wish I'd bought more. None have been that low since that morning and it was briefly and they bounced. Never saw anything like it. Idk how I could prove rcl went that low for a brief dip. It was like everything went on sale.

I think it was just yesterday? Rcl went as low as 154.08... so lower than what you are saying. I filled at 155.55 and 156.55 but it went lower. I had 60 day good till cancel for rcl because I'm cruising Friday, never guessed it would drop to 154.08 yesterday in the first hour and fill. I'm not sure what day you are talking about but obviously I couldn't have filled at 155.55 if it stayed above 156...so I'm confused what date you mean.. or maybe you mean what did it bounce to that day? Everything bounced...it was some crazy dip right at open. 

Japan did a surprise rate hike and had been lower and people were borrowing in japanese yen at very very low rates and buying american stocks, double dipping and idk how the surprise rate hike triggered the sell off. It was very very brief right at open. Tree skier is absolutely right which day I mean. Traders going to be talking about those deals for years to come.

Edited by firefly333

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Idk how I could prove rcl went that low for a brief dip. It was like everything went on sale.

Was this the days in question?  It dropped sharply on Friday 8/1

Screenshot2024-09-11at5_54_56PM.thumb.png.98bd803c1d6c8ade1b45e1a15805e5aa.png

By Tuesday it had closed back up to $150.00

Edited by Tree_skier

21 minutes ago, Ken at the beach said:

That's the one.  I had bought a bunch of NCL just days prior and it crashed as well.  Finally today I'm back on the plus side.

I was going to buy but after such a sharp drop I wanted to wait a day and see... got busy on the Monday and then it was back up again.  I kicked myself

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ken at the beach said:

I kick myself lots of times, usually for selling too soon.

I bought at 30 then sold at 60... bought again at 80 but sold at just over 100.  Bought some but not enough for shareholder credit at 120 now I'm waiting for a drop again to get up to 100 shares.  I missed the early August drop.  The ship may have sailed but who knows... 

I buy and sell this outside of my real investment account with Edward Jones.  I opened up a Robin Hood account just for play money like this... I use it for crypto too.  I understand that even less.  

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1

New filing with the SEC today: sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/884887/000110465924099993/tm2424072d1_ex99-1.htm

"

MIAMI  September 16, 2024 – Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE: RCL) (the “Company”) today announced that it has commenced a private offering of $1.0 billion aggregate principal amount of senior unsecured notes due 2031 (the “Notes”).

The Company intends to use the proceeds from the sale of the Notes to redeem and/or repay certain of its indebtedness, including, but not limited to, (i) to redeem all of its outstanding 7.250% Senior Notes due 2030, after which the Company will have no remaining guaranteed indebtedness; and (ii) to repay in full all outstanding obligations under its Silver Dawn finance lease (including to pay fees and expenses in connection with each of the foregoing). Pending such uses, the Company may apply some of the proceeds to temporarily repay borrowings under its revolving credit facilities."