Just off Riviera today

Baz-t

3 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

Your even....he has never heard  of you.....

4 hours ago, china addict said:

DH and I disembarked earlier this week from same Caribbean cruise.  Last sailed Riviera in November 2019 and noticed a huge change-over in personnel since then.  New Captain (an improvement!), new GM and new Cruise Director.  Food in all four specialties met our high expectations but there were some misses in the GDR.  Tough steak from the Jacques Pepin menu and very eye-appealing but tasteless filet mignon.  Thankfully, Toscana and Polo still brilliant.  DH hates self-service and fighting for seats in the Terrace so we had most breakfasts and lunches in the GDR.  Fell in love with the halibut Salad Nicoise.  Has replaced Surf and Turf from Waves as my "go to" lunch favorite.  Disappointed in the availability and quality of lobster on board.  Rubbery.  A first world problem, I know!  Room service coffee was worse than ever, but Barristas is sublime and a favorite hang-out with great little snacks too.  Humphry Slocombe ice-cream was new to me and I over-indulged.  Elvis the Fat Years, Secret Breakfast, all kinds of yummy flavors.  Oceania, please keep these treats coming!  Wait staff in all locations were trying their best but seemed over-worked.  Agree with previous poster who said music was outdated.  Fun by the pool deck but dreary in Horizons.  Used to enjoy happy hour there, but this time around it was geriatric music with an off-key crooner.  Thankfully the drinks were 2-for-1 so that eased the suffering.  On past cruises have seldom used the pool deck because preferred to be off exploring.  The goal on this cruise was R&R with my husband so we sought seats in the shade and were introduced to the "chair hog" phenomenon.  It was virtually impossible to find two seats together so we were often separated while many books, bags, sunglasses, etc luxuriated cosily together.  Yes, we asked the pool attendants for help but without much success.  All in all it was a good trip and we are booked on Marina in April, corona virus permitting.  Can't say we noticed any extra hygiene precautions on this trip except for reminders to be vigilant about hand-washing. As always, we met nice and interesting fellow passengers.  That along with the food and interesting itineraries is the reason we often sail with Oceania.

On 2/29/2020 at 8:27 AM, ORV said:

"the best pizza"?

I was with you till then. Just goes to show different tastes for different people. I think it's some of the worst pizza I've ever had. And I love pizza. 

Totally agree about the cardboard “pizza.”