Thoughts on this...........?

19 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The last listed price (before being sold out) for an over the water Cabana at CocoCay for next week was $1400.

Good grief HAHAHAHA! All that money for a place to dump your towels???

Edited by johnjen
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, kag19 said:

No, ours were $549 each for the day in Labadee.  One was split by 4 people and the other was split by 8 so the cost really wasn't much.  We were able to originally book the Chill Island cabanas for $499 each but wasn't meant to be.  I would definitely not ever pay $800 or more for a cabana.

I wouldn't pay $100 for that, WOW

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, johnjen said:

Wait, is it really $850-$1000 for a cabana for one day?

Keep going - the overwater cabanas at Coco Cay beach club on our April sailing are $2k (and sold out). Beachside in the club are $1400 (and sold out). Water park cabanas are $1k (and sold out). The other cabanas are $1300 (and sold out).

🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2

Thanks for all of the responses and opinions.  I mentioned the Shore Ex employee on my survey.

We had a great time either way.  Although, it sounds like they may have marked them up anticipating demand from the larger number of cancellations on coco cay.  Many in this thread mentioned Labadee prices recently paid around $500.  The cheapest price he offered us was $850 I believe.  Both islands have beach cabanas, and that’s what I booked originally.  

We got engaged in August, and I just wanted to give her a special day.  This was only her 2nd cruise.  We had a blast regardless.

• Like 2

On 2/28/2020 at 9:41 AM, twangster said:

Labadee has 6 over water cabanas, 6 waterfront cabanas and 10 regular cabanas.  (There are additional cabanas that require guests be in a full suite.)

CocoCay has somewhere over 80 cabanas but in vastly different categories and areas. 

How would you map Chill island cabanas to Labadee?  How would you map Thrill waterpark cabanas to Labadee?  How would you map South Beach cabanas to Labadee?  How would you map Coco Beach Club cabanas to Labadee?  How would you map Floating cabanas to Labadee?

The cabana product is completely different between the two destinations.   The safest thing to do is to refund all cabana purchases otherwise you have many guests paying for a CocoCay cabana with completely different features and price points compared to what they end up with plus you have alienated guests who don't get one.

The same argument applies to beach beds.  Different product between the two destinations at wildly different price points.  The zipline experience is different.  The Jet Ski excursion is different.  

The only logical and fair thing to do is refund all CocoCay purchases.

You make excellent points.  But,  all they needed to do was offer as close to like category based on date of reservation.  I have rented cabana's and bungalows at Labadee.  They are very hard to come by.   If I had one reserved in Coco Cay, and Labadee was substituted, and I wasn't offered an opportunity to get a similar product, I'd be upset too.  

So, those who had the most expensive Coco Cay Cabana's get first shot at Overwater Cabana's in Labadee, and on down.  They could even simply switch them based on reservation date, call the passengers and say "this is what we can offer you at this price."  Or they go in strict order of when the reservation was booked.  If there's 100 cabanas/bungalows/beach beds on Coco Cay, and 50 on Labadee, then the first 50 get their choice of what's left when their name comes up.  If they decline, move to the next person on the list.  If they don't want it, then so be it.  But at least the passengers would feel like they were being treated fairly.   Shouldn't be too hard in today's computerized world.  

• Like 1

On 2/28/2020 at 3:17 PM, DCL2RCI said:

Keep going - the overwater cabanas at Coco Cay beach club on our April sailing are $2k (and sold out). Beachside in the club are $1400 (and sold out). Water park cabanas are $1k (and sold out). The other cabanas are $1300 (and sold out).

🤷‍♂️

It just blows my mind that somebody would actually pay that for a cabana when sitting in a regular beach chair is free. Even in the $2000 over water cabanas you still have to pay for drinks!

2 hours ago, hotsauce126 said:

It just blows my mind that somebody would actually pay that for a cabana when sitting in a regular beach chair is free. Even in the $2000 over water cabanas you still have to pay for drinks!

Doesn't surprise me when I look at the pricing for the cruise that takes us there. Inside rooms $800 for a family of four vs $30k for a star loft. Both are sold out. 

Well those that can do the rest of us watch.  I wouldn't pay for it because I couldn't pay for it.  Can't say I wouldn't if I had that amount of cash to spend, or blow anyway.  Somethings are done just to be seen anyway, like getting drink service at a club.  If you want to spend 250 on a 40 dollar bottle of liquor that's your business. At least they made a show of bringing it to you I guess. 

I’m sure that if they’d offered a refund or a Labadee cabana at the same price, quite a few people would have taken them up on the refund, since Labadee has been around for a while and many have already been there, or maybe just would have appreciated getting some money back on their cruise account.