On board the Solstice

peter1956

I won't say that we are excited or super excited 😄 but today is the day these first time Celebrity cruises are boarding. 

If anyone needs any questions asked about the ship let me know. 

This is a 10 night Melbourne to Auckland cruise. 

I won't do a blog but if anything stands out I will write it down. 

We do not have internet on board 🙂 and looking forward to the gaps. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, peter1956 said:

I won't say that we are excited or super excited 😄 but today is the day these first time Celebrity cruises are boarding. 

If anyone needs any questions asked about the ship let me know. 

This is a 10 night Melbourne to Auckland cruise. 

I won't do a blog but if anything stands out I will write it down. 

We do not have internet on board 🙂 and looking forward to the gaps. 

Have a nice cruise!!  It is a great ship!

Edited by mahdnc

We have been onboard 3 days now and have to say we are loving it 🙂

The ship is in excellent condition, for a ship that is getting a major overhaul next year everything is spotless. 
Our bed is so comfortable and the cabin 1624 is so quiet. Surprised us how much hanging and storage space there is.

Enjoyed Blu and Murano so far.

Over all a great experience. Hoping our May cruises go ahead.

I’m 200 days out from my Solstice cruise in September.  Mom and I had a little pow wow yesterday and we’re very excited.  I’m going to spend a few days with her this month and I’ll show her some You Tube videos of the ship.  The last time she cruised to Hawaii was 1960, and she was in second class. In September she’s excited to have breakfast on her balcony, weather permitting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prost Seattle said:

I’m 200 days out from my Solstice cruise in September.  Mom and I had a little pow wow yesterday and we’re very excited.  I’m going to spend a few days with her this month and I’ll show her some You Tube videos of the ship.  The last time she cruised to Hawaii was 1960, and she was in second class. In September she’s excited to have breakfast on her balcony, weather permitting. 

Aww that's amazing! Well, things have changed in 60 years! I hope you have a great time - Solstice is a beauty of a ship.

• Like 1

how was boarding? were there delays because they are taking extra time to sanitise the ship?

We board in Auckland on 1 April and would like to get there before mid day - even though celebrity said we should get to Princes wharf 1:30pm

On 3/3/2020 at 3:46 PM, Muffinz said:

how was boarding? were there delays because they are taking extra time to sanitise the ship?

We board in Auckland on 1 April and would like to get there before mid day - even though celebrity said we should get to Princes wharf 1:30pm

We boarded in Auckland on Feb. 17 and it started out not very well. We stayed at the Hilton Auckland on Princes Wharf which is just a short walk from where you drop your bags and enter for boarding. Our boarding time was noon(Elite) but went down about 11. And it was just a short walk to drop bags BUT there was a HUGE line in the other direction waiting to drop bags so we had to go there which was 2/3 of the way down the wharf.  We had plenty of patience and the weather was good and the line moved so all was good. 

So there was a reason for it as I found out. My sisters stayed at a Air BNB across the wharf and went down earlier and when they dropped off their bags they were asked to fill out a medical form, due to the virus, and this is what backed everything up. By the time we got in line they had abandoned the form and were just asking questions about your travel and travel to China. If you answered correctly they gave you an excursion sticker to wear when you got up to drop off bags and check in. 

The line for for check in went fast and we were on in no time. 

On 3/3/2020 at 10:46 AM, Muffinz said:

There was a long line of taxis when we arrived at the dock in Melbourne and took awile for the taxi to drop us off, don't know if that is normal? 

There was a medical form that we had to fill out before anything and took a whole minute to fill out before we could start embarkation. Took us around 20 minutes to get on the ship. 

Life on board seems normal and every one seems to be having a great time. 

I board on March 20th in Sydney and cannot wait!  Have you done the glass blowing on the ship?  Any must do's onboard?  I assume a lot more handwashing, etc.  Is the buffet still self serve or are they serving you?  Enjoy the rest of your cruise!  

So a sad morning, time to leave the ship in Auckland. 

We have had a really good time on board and I wish all future cruisers on her an equally good time. 

We think the crew has really made the difference, they have been very friendly and happy. 

So far touch wood no sign of any problems on board, lots of hand washing on board. 

Watched the glass blowing but did not do it. The buffet is still a lot of help yourself, but I don't know what it was like before. They prawns for lunch the other day and they were being served by staff. 

Safe travels everyone. 

20200310_064843.jpg

• Like 1