UPDATE - Royal and Celebrity reduced final payment date to 60 days....selected sailings

klove613

It has been reported on the Royal board by Ourusualbeach (who I believe is a travel agent) that Royal Caribbean has reduced the final payment date to 60 days for European sailings between May 29 and June 11. This has been confirmed by at least one person who reported their final payment date has been pushed out.

My final payment date is tomorrow for the May 30th cruise on Apex leaving Rome and no such luck. I am going to give Celebrity a call and I suggest others in the same situation do the same.

UPDATE - Just called Celebrity and the rep confirmed that my final payment date has been moved to March 31st. She said it will not reflect online and it is only on selected sailings. 

Edited by klove613
Updated information
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

What a great thing for them to do. I was hoping they’d do this. My cruise is in July so doesn’t qualify but I’m hoping they’ll consider the same in a month when my payment is due! I actually emailed them last week asking if that was a possibility but haven’t gotten a response yet.

1 minute ago, Hllb said:

What a great thing for them to do. I was hoping they’d do this. My cruise is in July so doesn’t qualify but I’m hoping they’ll consider the same in a month when my payment is due! I actually emailed them last week asking if that was a possibility but haven’t gotten a response yet.

It is much appreciated and very smart on their part because had I not already booked airfare, I definitely would have canceled. Looking at how many cabins have opened up, I am guessing there are many cancellations right now due to the uncertainty.

12 minutes ago, klove613 said:

It is much appreciated and very smart on their part because had I not already booked airfare, I definitely would have canceled. Looking at how many cabins have opened up, I am guessing there are many cancellations right now due to the uncertainty.

Agreed. Lots of cabins on my cruise too. Kicking myself for buying airfare already but normally it would’ve been the smart thing to do. The airlines are starting to waive change fees but my dates are outside the current window for that too.

1 hour ago, Hllb said:

Agreed. Lots of cabins on my cruise too. Kicking myself for buying airfare already but normally it would’ve been the smart thing to do. The airlines are starting to waive change fees but my dates are outside the current window for that too.

I had not heard this.  What airlines and dates?  Appreciate the information!

1 hour ago, klove613 said:

We just made final payment yesterday. Also booked flights and hotels in Rome and Barcelona. My thinking is if Celebrity cancels our sailing we would get refunded or an FCC.  At that time I can claim trip cancellation.  

19 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

How can I find out if it includes Reflection June 5th out of Dublin? Where can I see the "selected sailings"? Thanks,

You have to call Celebrity and check. There was a list of Royal ships and dates, but the Celebrity rep just said selected. 

59 minutes ago, LEtue said:

I had not heard this.  What airlines and dates?  Appreciate the information!

United for sure. There’s a statement on their website somewhere. I heard delta was doing all of Italy (United is only certain airports)

37 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

We just made final payment yesterday. Also booked flights and hotels in Rome and Barcelona. My thinking is if Celebrity cancels our sailing we would get refunded or an FCC.  At that time I can claim trip cancellation.  

Allianz wording on website says that it doesn’t cover cancellation based on direct or indirect Coronavirus if your policy excludes epidemics. I’m waiting for them to respond to my question, but I’m assuming the cruise being canceled due to Coronavirus would be excluded. They are offering policy refunds though.

47 minutes ago, Hllb said:

Allianz wording on website says that it doesn’t cover cancellation based on direct or indirect Coronavirus if your policy excludes epidemics. I’m waiting for them to respond to my question, but I’m assuming the cruise being canceled due to Coronavirus would be excluded. They are offering policy refunds though.

What I was told by Allianz the other day is if there is a travel restriction in place for flights from Canada to Italy at the time then airlines must comply and offer refunds.   

4 hours ago, az_tchr said:

Simple reason - as of today Americans pretty much cannot go to Italy with the Level 3 health warning. Celebrity is hoping thing improve in the next month.

The CDC recommends that you not travel to Italy, and the Department of State suggests that you reconsider travel to Italy. That's a far cry from not being able to go. Sorry if that sounds picky, but these threads are becoming filled with hyperbole, WAG's and opinions being expressed as facts.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

The CDC recommends that you not travel to Italy, and the Department of State suggests that you reconsider travel to Italy. That's a far cry from not being able to go. Sorry if that sounds picky, but these threads are becoming filled with hyperbole, WAG's and opinions being expressed as facts.

Think you are being picky. I have stayed opinion when giving same. The issue with a Level 3 advisory is most travel insurance will not cover you if you go choose to go into such an area. My USA HMO covers me Worldwide but specifically excludes areas with Level 3 health advisories.  By my definition that means I am advised to not travel there, but if I do it is at my own risk. If able to travel means possible - then of course it is possible. It is also possible to travel to Syria, but maybe not a good choice.

I have no idea what Italy or anyone else will do. Celebrity pushed back final payments as they were getting lots of cancellations. Obviously hoping things get better. I do too as I have 2 months planned in Europe and am currently planning to go

Edited by az_tchr
Added
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

Think you are being picky. I have stayed opinion when giving same. The issue with a Level 3 advisory is most travel insurance will not cover you if you go choose to go into such an area. My USA HMO covers me Worldwide but specifically excludes areas with Level 3 health advisories.  By my definition that means I am advised to not travel there, but if I do it is at my own risk. If able to travel means possible - then of course it is possible. It is also possible to travel to Syria, but maybe not a good choice.

I have no idea what Italy or anyone else will do. Celebrity pushed back final payments as they were getting lots of cancellations. Obviously hoping things get better. I do too as I have 2 months planned in Europe and am currently planning to go

Not being able to go and not being able to have travel insurance when you go are two very different things. Anyone reading these boards knows that many, many Celebrity and other cruisers never bother with travel insurance.

• Like 3

Posted this in the Italy thread:

I tried again to push back my final payment date to 60 days out (instead of due in six days from now for our June 13 cruise out of Rome). I was told that it was only applicable for sailings in May thru June 6th. I was also told that I would need to go through my TA, and that they possibly wouldn't honor it even if Celebrity did extend the dates.

2 hours ago, bauermj said:

Posted this in the Italy thread:

I tried again to push back my final payment date to 60 days out (instead of due in six days from now for our June 13 cruise out of Rome). I was told that it was only applicable for sailings in May thru June 6th. I was also told that I would need to go through my TA, and that they possibly wouldn't honor it even if Celebrity did extend the dates.

That is disappointing, but hopefully your TA values your business and will work with you.

I’m on the June 6 sailing out of Barcelona and then Rome called my online TA yesterday because they submitted final payment on the 26 to my credit card on file. They said there’s nothing I can do, do you recommend I call celebrity