EZ Air seat selection

hunt182644

Flying to London in August flight and cruise is fully paid. Was trying to choose seats  as it showed on United that I could choose seats. When trying to complete transaction it said not able to confirm. I called the number available at United they told me the ticket was not completed yet from Princess. As it is fully paid I am now wondering if I perhaps need to wait until the forty five day s when you can no longer make changes. Has any one else experienced this?

I always book seats directly with the airline and not through any third-party travel agency, which Princess is acting as in this case. I have been able to book seats on United after I paid for my EZAir flights in November but it was booked just a few weeks before departure. 

When you try to book seats on United.com what error message do you get?

30 minutes ago, hunt182644 said:

Flying to London in August flight and cruise is fully paid. Was trying to choose seats  as it showed on United that I could choose seats. When trying to complete transaction it said not able to confirm. I called the number available at United they told me the ticket was not completed yet from Princess. As it is fully paid I am now wondering if I perhaps need to wait until the forty five day s when you can no longer make changes. Has any one else experienced this?

Is this a United flight operated by BA by chance?

I always try and book United through EZ Air and have done so many times.

I have never had any issues getting seats months out or close to flight time domestic or international.

Some airlines do not allow any seat assignment prior to 24 hours of the flight.

I always verify through the United website.

29 minutes ago, hunt182644 said:

Just because you have made your final payment doesn't mean that Princess has actually paid for you airline ticket.  Typically they don't do that prior to the 45 day point so as to maintain flexibility.  You can always ask Princess to pay for the ticket early, at which point it becomes a standard ticket with all of the associated penalties should you need/want to make ANY route changes.  

On United you are usually allowed to select seats in the class being purchased through EZair(e.g. economy).  If you want to pay United directly to "upgrade" to a preferred or Economy Plus seat you must first have Princess pay for the ticket.

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Is this a United flight operated by BA by chance?

I always try and book United through EZ Air and have done so many times.

I have never had any issues getting seats months out or close to flight time domestic or international.

Some airlines do not allow any seat assignment prior to 24 hours of the flight.

I always verify through the United website.

I’ve had the same experiences by immediately booking seats long before travel on USA based airlines either domestically or internationally.  And that codeshare flight policies are based on the airline who actually conducts the flight.

Even on non-USA carriers who charge for advance economy seat assignments before check-in most of them have allowed me to pay to reserve a seat long before final payment or the 45 day cutoff for Flexible EZair changes.

Yesterday I booked roundtrip flights between LAX & Sydney for this Fall...Delta codeshare on Virgin Australia can purchase seats 45 days in advance or free at check-in; United back to LAX immediately reserved seats for free.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

I had a problem once with a AA flight to London.  Turns out the actual flight was on BA and not AA (code share).  BA would not let me choose a seat.  Solution was to go back to EZair online and rebook the flight on AA airplanes.  I went to AA website and picked my seats.  Beware of who actually is providing the flights because of code share.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

I had a problem once with a AA flight to London.  Turns out the actual flight was on BA and not AA (code share).  BA would not let me choose a seat.  Solution was to go back to EZair online and rebook the flight on AA airplanes.  I went to AA website and picked my seats.  Beware of who actually is providing the flights because of code share.  

Boy are you right. Had the same issue last year. Immediately went back and rebooked with AA flights, not BA (with their seat charges —-even business class!) Gotta watch those code shares —tricky!

Using AA miles on BA to fly across the pond are also a bad deal.  

The miles were the same on both airlines however on AA fees were about $10 & booking on BA even in economy it was over $500 which was more than we’d pay for a Flexible EZair flight.