Princess Newbie...

Davis2010

1 hour ago, Davis2010 said:

I won’t be using a TA again. I’m very disappointed.

Sorry, but that is like if you went to the grocery store and tried a new type of apple and it was bad.  And then said I am not eating any more apples.  When you do go on your cruise, ask around when you meet other cruisers at dinner table or elsewhere if they use a TA and what they think of them.  When you latch on to a good one, you won't be treated badly and you should be getting a cash discount off the cruise fare that Princess won't give you.  Perhaps you will feel more comfortable with this after sailing once or twice and having one booking with Princess.  I will admit our first booking was with the cruise line, but I wouldn't do it again as long as I can save money elsewhere.

Thrak & Colorado, my PVP says it isn't available for minors but she will get it for me when I book my daughter's trip. Yes, I pay 🤑

When JK booked her room & their room paying for both I just feel the TA should have known better. 

Some TAs are awesome ..... some not so much

1 hour ago, Davis2010 said:

The TA doesn’t want to do anything.

I would report your experience with the TA to Princess customer relations (customerrelations@princess.com).  I'd even make enough fuss to see if Princess would yank the reservation from the TA even if it is past FP date.  That TA needs to feel some pain towards behavior modification.  Good Luck and enjoy the cruise.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Sorry, but that is like if you went to the grocery store and tried a new type of apple and it was bad.  And then said I am not eating any more apples.  When you do go on your cruise, ask around when you meet other cruisers at dinner table or elsewhere if they use a TA and what they think of them.  When you latch on to a good one, you won't be treated badly and you should be getting a cash discount off the cruise fare that Princess won't give you.  Perhaps you will feel more comfortable with this after sailing once or twice and having one booking with Princess.  I will admit our first booking was with the cruise line, but I wouldn't do it again as long as I can save money elsewhere.

I’ve always booked all of our trips myself. Never had an issue. But we live in FL and air fare has never been something we’ve needed to use. So I reached out to this recommended TA. Now that I’ve kind of learned the ropes, I think I’ll book myself. This TA has saved me absolutely nothing and I’ve earned no incentives for going through them vs just booking myself. 

2 hours ago, Davis2010 said:

The TA doesn’t want to do anything. The price has changed several times, different promotions, etc. I won’t be using a TA again. I’m very disappointed. The TA stayed they will try to call on Saturday.....

Does your agent work within an agency or independently? Sometimes you can call the agency when you know your agent isn’t there and let them know you need help right away on something on your booking. You might get some better service with one of their other agents by using the “time-sensitive issue” workaround.

7 hours ago, Davis2010 said:

We paid in full from the beginning. So I’m not sure.

Having paid in full is not a restriction on getting a fare adjustment.

What counts is the official final payment date (90 days before embarkation) as after that new pricing is usually for new bookings only.

As others have posted, sometimes Princess will make an adjustment (get a lower price or maybe a cabin upgrade instead) after the official final payment date, but if your booking is with a TA, the TA must negotiate with Princess on your behalf. And a re-faring may result in loss of perks (example: OBC or free WIFI) that came with your original booking but are not offered with the current pricing.

Not all TAs are bad. On your next cruise speak with other passengers about what TAs they use and if they would recommend them.