Plan my cruise - where is info about the evening theatre shows?

We're sailing on Jewel OTS this summer and I am exploring the "plan my cruise" options.  I don't see anything for the evening theatre productions.

When will we know what the shows are, and can you book before the cruise or do you have to book once on board?

Thanks very much!

18 minutes ago, casinitaly said:

We're sailing on Jewel OTS this summer and I am exploring the "plan my cruise" options.  I don't see anything for the evening theatre productions.

When will we know what the shows are, and can you book before the cruise or do you have to book once on board?

Thanks very much!

You won’t get any information pre cruise.  You do not reserve shows on Jewel.  There will be the regular production and headliner shows and there will be two shows per evening.  An early show geared toward late dining and a late show geared towards early dining.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

Thanks Ken
Good to know.
I'm so keen - first cruise and I want to know EVERYTHING.... NOW!!!   LOL.   I'm going to make myself a little crazy I think [emoji846]

You caught the cruising bug....you might book another cruise while on this one.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

FYI, there may not be two shows every night.

On Grandeur, typically on the first night there is only one show.  And sometimes later in the cruise, there also is only one show.

No advance planning needed on this ship.  Everything revolves around the 2 traditional dining times, so it's easy to see the show of choice.  There will be a show for the early seating ,which is after dinner...and the show for late seating is before dinner.  If you do MTD, you will eat at a time to see whichever show you prefer.  Both shows are the same.

Sometimes, there will be a "late night" show, which begins after ALL dining is finished...so anyone can go.

All the info will be in your daily compass.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, mpdahmer said:

You caught the cruising bug....you might book another cruise while on this one.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Maybe!   We shall see. I am open to the possibilties!   We have actually talked about doing a repositioning cruise......:)

1 hour ago, SRF said:

FYI, there may not be two shows every night.

On Grandeur, typically on the first night there is only one show.  And sometimes later in the cruise, there also is only one show.

Ok, that's good to know. I am not so concerned about having a show every night, and I doubt I would even try for two if they had them.  Just curious about how everything works!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, cb at sea said:

No advance planning needed on this ship.  Everything revolves around the 2 traditional dining times, so it's easy to see the show of choice.  There will be a show for the early seating ,which is after dinner...and the show for late seating is before dinner.  If you do MTD, you will eat at a time to see whichever show you prefer.  Both shows are the same.

Sometimes, there will be a "late night" show, which begins after ALL dining is finished...so anyone can go.

All the info will be in your daily compass.

That's very helpful !  Thanks for the details.

We were on Jewel 2 weeks ago, I did a review and posted all the compasses. Unusually all the shows were after dinner, ie for our late seating the show was 10.15 or 10.30 every night. Of course things may change a bit by the summer but the production shows will be the same.

21 hours ago, casinitaly said:

Ok, that's good to know. I am not so concerned about having a show every night, and I doubt I would even try for two if they had them.  Just curious about how everything works!

Thanks!

Sometimes the two are the same show.

Sometimes (comedy) the later show is more adult oriented (language).

On 3/3/2020 at 10:46 PM, kernow said:

We were on Jewel 2 weeks ago, I did a review and posted all the compasses. Unusually all the shows were after dinner, ie for our late seating the show was 10.15 or 10.30 every night. Of course things may change a bit by the summer but the production shows will be the same.

Ah, great!  I will look for your review!   Thanks!

3 hours ago, SRF said:

Sometimes the two are the same show.

Sometimes (comedy) the later show is more adult oriented (language).

Ah ok. Back to back the same show. Got it .  

Good to know that the approach might shift with the later show too!

Thanks

On 3/3/2020 at 10:46 PM, kernow said:

I have been looking for your review but I can't find it!  Could  you please give me a link?  Thanks very much!