Huge fight on Encore

On 3/4/2020 at 1:11 PM, PATRLR said:

What a coward.  hiding behind a pole and only gets involved when he can take a shot at a guy who is focused on someone else.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the guy with the beer bottle spits into before he gets into the action...I think that's his spit cup.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone notice the guy at the 19 second mark, older guy blue t shirt, seems to more observing than anything.  He goes out of frame, but reappears around 29 second mark, and still seems to be more an active observer mingling in the melee. 

Like wouldn't you leave?   Like right away?   I find some human behaviour fascinating.

edited to say: okay I think he was just hammered.

Edited by GettotheSun
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

That whole group was trashy. The blonde that started the whole thing was walking around and grabbing other women's breasts. She was thrown off - with her small child. Class act.

more should have been Thrown off. I saw other ladies Lifting their skirts and dancing crotch to Crotch at the club, boobz out and the whole nine yards. People from the family were speaking proudly about the incident all week. It was deplorable

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

more should have been Thrown off. I saw other ladies Lifting their skirts and dancing crotch to Crotch at the club, boobz out and the whole nine yards. People from the family were speaking proudly about the incident all week. It was deplorable

The family is posting videos of the fight on their Facebook pages. They are indeed proud. It's sick! 

• Like 1

so much for poking fun at Carnival.  NCL is no better, at least for the 7 day cruises.  I was on Encore in early December.  I saw a lot of crotch to crotch dancing, touching,  lifting dresses,  etc. People so drunk on the dance floor that they had to stop the music. Children in the club.  I never saw security in those 7 days.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Susie3865 said:

so much for poking fun at Carnival.  NCL is no better, at least for the 7 day cruises.  I was on Encore in early December.  I saw a lot of crotch to crotch dancing, touching,  lifting dresses,  etc. People so drunk on the dance floor that they had to stop the music. Children in the club.  I never saw security in those 7 days.

Oh yeah, music was stopped at least twice a night at the club due to broken glass and security removing shirtless drunkards wobbling about the dance floor like out-of-control tops.

I suggested to the DJ that he play Annie Lennox's "Walking on Broken Glass" every time glass was being cleared, but to no avail.

Also, since when did lifting dresses for crotch-to-crotch dancing become a thing among ladies? Am I missing something, or is this new, something part of the Instagram generation.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

Also, since when did lifting dresses for crotch-to-crotch dancing become a thing among ladies? Am I missing something, or is this new, something part of the Instagram generation.

It's a homegirl thang.

On 3/6/2020 at 3:14 PM, FranknBeans said:

Just another reason to get rid of the booze pkg.

LOL, makes perfect sense, punish tens of thousands of folks for the actions of a dozen..

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

Oh yeah, music was stopped at least twice a night at the club due to broken glass and security removing shirtless drunkards wobbling about the dance floor like out-of-control tops.

I suggested to the DJ that he play Annie Lennox's "Walking on Broken Glass" every time glass was being cleared, but to no avail.

Are you going to write a mini review of your cruise? Would love to read it

23 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Are you going to write a mini review of your cruise? Would love to read it

I will try if I get a chance but In a nutshell my feelings are pretty standard. It was OK. any vacation is good and I’m not one to seek out things to complain about. It was my least favourite ship, but i wouldn’t be against sailing her again, but i would definitely pick any other ship first because of no spice H2O. It wasn’t so much the lack of loungers that bugged me, it was the lack of space for anything else but loungers by the pool. Hardly any dance floor and entertainment space during the day, and far too many spring breakers and “bro’s” congregated in one big sausagefest in the middle of the deck all day was “irritating AF”, as they say.

I did love San Juan at night and I didn’t get off on any other ports. GSC canceled. Ship was very jerky and lurchey for the whole two days down, smooth on the way back. Choir of Man was excellent, Kinky was a bit slow and only so-so. I didn’t even bother checking out laser tag and go karts and don’t know anyone who did them. Solo coordinator was nice, but organized activities were much lacking compared to other ships. Only the shows. Other ships have shows, plus karts, tag and specialities. OBS lounge was nice, just like the other ships.

also, fight video version with sound has been posted, see below. I realize these things happen but I didn’t think I would be so traumatized witnessing it. At least one of the aggressors in the video below was still on the ship all week which kinda bothered me, but he mostly laid low and I never saw him partying Or at the club after the fight 

Edited by marktwothousand

10 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

While I was looking on FB I came across another fight on an NCL ship back in 2018, I think it's the Escape.

Ya, it’s the excape. I told a crew member about the encore fight and he told me to look up the excape one online because he was working on the excape at the time and witnessed it.

• Like 1