Boarding in Fla with Allergies?

ghstudio

This has been a terrible year for allergies....eyes burning, sneezing, coughing and clearing throat....but no fever or sore throat.  Will princess even let me board?  If Princess refuses to let me board, will they refund or give me a credit for the full fare?

I know what you mean about allergies especially here in Fl this year.

Unless you have a fever I seriously doubt if the'll deny you boarding. 

Just don't sniffle or sneeze during the boarding process. 😉

2 hours ago, ghstudio said:

This has been a terrible year for allergies....eyes burning, sneezing, coughing and clearing throat....but no fever or sore throat.  Will princess even let me board?  If Princess refuses to let me board, will they refund or give me a credit for the full fare?

You should be able to board.   But,  you might get nasty looks from your fellow passengers if you are sneezing and coughing, thinking you are infected with the Corona virus.

Good luck.

Edited by Justalone

If it makes you feel any better there were a lot of people with intense, hacking coughs on my cruise last week.  Nobody gave them a second look.  They were coughing all over the place.  I did wince every time the lady behind us at dinner started hacking again.  She sounded like she had COPD or something like that. 

30 minutes ago, julia said:

If possible, get a note from your doctor that verifies your allergies. That, along with any prescriptions, will prove that you are not a carrier of anything.

IMO......

At boarding if the Princess medical staff believe otherwise a note would be a moot point.

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

For those denied boarding at embarkation without insurance for a suspected sickness of some kind you will not be reimbursed.

People board with allergies all the time.

Princess has to give you a refund if they do to allow you to board.  Section 4 of the Passage Contract provides in part:  "Carrier reserves the right to refuse booking of passage on a Cruise to any person or to cancel Your existing Cruise reservation for any lawful reason and regardless of a guest’s Captain Circle loyalty level or existing benefits. Any person(s) refused booking or passage in advance of the scheduled sailing by Carrier will be given a refund of their Cruise Fare."

2 hours ago, grouchomarx said:

If it makes you feel any better there were a lot of people with intense, hacking coughs on my cruise last week.  Nobody gave them a second look.  They were coughing all over the place.  I did wince every time the lady behind us at dinner started hacking again.  She sounded like she had COPD or something like that. 

You could have left off your last sentence. COPD is not a contagious situation and it seems you're equating it with an airborne disease. My apologies if that was not your intent.

11 hours ago, julia said:

If possible, get a note from your doctor that verifies your allergies. That, along with any prescriptions, will prove that you are not a carrier of anything.

It only shows that you have an allergy, but what if you also had a virus?