The importance of checking cruise account daily

Jagggg

Just a heads up to other travelers. Just off the Joy and twice we found errors in our cruise account while on board. We are Platinum, and they charged us for our free laundry bag. We wrote platinum and free laundry both on the bag and on the slip. Also they did not take off the 10% for shore excursions. Considering we had 6 shore excursions book with the NCL xs 2 people it was a fair amount of money. Went to Guest Service and corrections were made.  

• Like 2

I've never experienced this, but I am starting to ask for a printout at guest services as there have been reports of inaccuracies and random changes to the account on the TV on the last evening of the cruise. There are enough reports of this on the boards that I want the printout so I can see something on paper that can't be changed randomly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jagggg said:

Just a heads up to other travelers. Just off the Joy and twice we found errors in our cruise account while on board. We are Platinum, and they charged us for our free laundry bag. We wrote platinum and free laundry both on the bag and on the slip. Also they did not take off the 10% for shore excursions. Considering we had 6 shore excursions book with the NCL xs 2 people it was a fair amount of money. Went to Guest Service and corrections were made.  

Since the ShoreEx discounts started two years ago, NCL has never properly applied the discounts on excursions booked in Advance over the phone. They use to claim that their system had “not been updated yet”. Two years later, the excuse doesn’t make sense. Go to the ShoreEx desk and it will be resolved immediately. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, casofilia said:

I object to having to wait in line to get a printout that I can do for myself om a machine on another cruise line.

Just use the app. It will have your bill.

3 hours ago, KSSS2013 said:

Just use the app. It will have your bill.

There have been reports of inconsistencies between app/tv bill (electronic) and the final printed statement. I've never experienced that, but other evidently have.

The problem with the TV is that they aren't in order and charges aren't always applied when they should be.  It took us a great deal of effort to figure out which charge/credit was for what to make sure everything was correct.  I have also noticed that a lot of times they won't automatically apply a credit for latitudes benefits and you have to go get it corrected.

If you go late at night, no line to get the copy of the bill.  I keep an eye on the TV screen version during the week, but by the end of the week I need to see a hard-copy to figure it out.  We always check in that last 24 hrs before debarkation as on occasion there is something we need them to fix.  

Caution about things being billed in another area -

I.E. buy the Viva Vino wine package on boarding and you may find it billed as a MDR expense.

Things sometimes are not billed where you would think they should be.

Like we use various abbreviations here (MDR - main dining room) NCL does that too on the invoice.

Suggested that after you have made a major purchase you check where it was billed to and applied

correctly or at least as you expected it to be.

If your ship does not have the TV account channel - you are going to have to visit Guest Services.

About 3-4 am the last night of the cruise you should receive a paper invoice at your cabin door mail slot. 

That was my case too. I just went down to guest services because it was a 10 port canal cruise. They adjusted it without issue, but it just seems like a lot of unnecessary manual labor for something that ought to be able to be handled electronically.

Edited by blcruising
  • Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 4:57 PM, BirdTravels said:

Since the ShoreEx discounts started two years ago, NCL has never properly applied the discounts on excursions booked in Advance over the phone.

To say "never" is wholly inaccurate.  I have made excursion bookings over the phone for several cruises over the past two years and only had a couple of instances where the Latitudes discount was not applied.  Should you confirm that the discounts have been properly applied?  Absolutely, but it has been the exception more than the rule that NCL has not properly billed the excursion in my experience.  Indeed, for my most recent booking, the NCL rep told me precisely what would be billed for each excursion after Latitude discounts and SEC.

BUT, do watch your account right up to the moment you disembark.  A couple of cruises back, NCL billed me for two pool towels at 8:30 am just before I was to disembark.  Thankfully, I get instantaneous alerts from by card provider when charges are posted and I was able to go to customer service to get this incorrect charge reversed - the towels were in my stateroom, right where the steward put them on embarkation day.