Dining Pkg Perk - Can I do this?

rnr4thatsme

Hi there,

If there are three of us in a stateroom on a 5 day cruise, we would get 4 specialty dining meal credits.   Can we use three at once so that all three of us can go together, or do we have to split it into 2 separate meals?    Can one get food takeaway style at the Mexican style one?

6 minutes ago, blcruising said:

What you are proposing doesn't work. I also think there are health reasons for not allowing take out. 

I question this statement.  I have taken food to go from the restaurants on many cruise ships, many times.  Of course what I have done is different from asking for the entire meal to be "to go".

If one of the ship's restaurants is Food Republic, that might be a good use of the specialty dining package. One dining plan meal at Food Republic = 4 menu items. If all three of you go, the two with the SDP each orders 4 items. Eight items at FR makes a pretty good meal for three people!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

I question this statement.  I have taken food to go from the restaurants on many cruise ships, many times.  Of course what I have done is different from asking for the entire meal to be "to go".

Certain food items such as seafood aren't permitted to be taken "to go". 

2 hours ago, rnr4thatsme said:

Hi there,

If there are three of us in a stateroom on a 5 day cruise, we would get 4 specialty dining meal credits.   Can we use three at once so that all three of us can go together, or do we have to split it into 2 separate meals?    Can one get food takeaway style at the Mexican style one?

The credits are assigned to people, not cabins. You can't share them. I guess though someone could use someone else's card but you aren't going to get three meas at a time.

I have a cruise booked for January with 3 of us in a cabin. I am going to purchase a meal package for the third person. It’s not priced too bad actually. And then it saves the worry and hassle. 
Have fun!!

Thx all!    I might just choose a la cartes and let the picky teenager who is our third person just order guacamole (Mexican one) or pizza (Cucina)...  Keep the cost down when she’s not one to enjoy some of the mains I see on the menus.