Lunch on embarkation day - Oasis/Suite guest

I'm sure this has been asked, but I wasn't able to find the right information. On embarkation day, on Oasis of the Seas, in a suite, are there any specialize restaurants like Coastal Kitchen open or just Windjammer and the smaller places? TIA!

31 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

When large number of Pinnacle’s are onboard. Especially those that are B2B. Doesn’t happen year round yet. 

We were just on Allure with 84 Pinnacle. CK had "Reserved for Pinnacle" placards on a few tables so there would be available tables for both Pinnacles and Suite guests at breakfast and lunch. Worked well and was fair to all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In our email from concierge, it stated that Coastal Kitchen was available for sky class suites and above for all meals - breakfast and lunch without reservation, dinner required reservations. I just wasn't sure if it was open on embarkation day too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mom2miracles said:

In our email from concierge, it stated that Coastal Kitchen was available for sky class suites and above for all meals - breakfast and lunch without reservation, dinner required reservations. I just wasn't sure if it was open on embarkation day too. 

Yes.....Coastal Kitchen is available for embarkation day lunch. 

11 minutes ago, mom2miracles said:

Suite lounge is next to CK so you can relax there if there is a wait for lunch, first day was only time it was crowded on our cruise, great view from both .

28 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

We were just on Allure with 84 Pinnacle. CK had "Reserved for Pinnacle" placards on a few tables so there would be available tables for both Pinnacles and Suite guests at breakfast and lunch. Worked well and was fair to all. 

Even on boarding day?  Glad Royal is doing something about it. Suite Guest numbers remain about the same but the number of P’s go up and down, depending on sailing. 

16 minutes ago, mom2miracles said:

I have been on Oasis Class when NO seats available in the CK on embarkation day for lunch. (Sky Class). 

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I have been on Oasis Class when NO seats available in the CK on embarkation day for lunch. (Sky Class). 

When were you not able to do CK , I know I would be complaining if I spent several thousand for a suite and some pinnacle in a inside cabin was allowed and we were not, that most likely would be my last rccl cruise. Prefer celebrity perks they do not have this issues and way better perks.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Even on boarding day?  Glad Royal is doing something about it. Suite Guest numbers remain about the same but the number of P’s go up and down, depending on sailing. 

I remember 20+ yrs ago at most have 6-8 Diamonds, then the top tier, on the newest ships sailing popular routes. Crown and Anchor, a Very Successful Program. That and cost to Cruise $ for $ is 1/4 what was in 1980's...

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, George C said:

When were you not able to do CK , I know I would be complaining if I spent several thousand for a suite and some pinnacle in a inside cabin was allowed and we were not, that most likely would be my last rccl cruise. Prefer celebrity perks they do not have this issues and way better perks.  

When high numbers of Pinnacles onboard. Couldn’t find a seat in the SL either, on embarkation day and during the Diamond Happy Hour. 

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

When high numbers of Pinnacles onboard. Couldn’t find a seat in the SL either, on embarkation day and during the Diamond Happy Hour. 

On our oasis cruise we got the last two seats in suite lounge on embarking, we are diamond plus but always get drink package so do not deal with diamond happy hour.

5 minutes ago, George C said:

On our oasis cruise we got the last two seats in suite lounge on embarking, we are diamond plus but always get drink package so do not deal with diamond happy hour.

It’s just going to get worse as more and more become Pinnacle. At least it’s looking like Royal is beginning to make some changes to help. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

10 hours ago, George C said:

On Brilliance the Concierge Lounge was so full of D+ and Pinnacle there were no seats for suite guests.  I would never pay for a suite on that ship again. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

On Brilliance the Concierge Lounge was so full of D+ and Pinnacle there were no seats for suite guests.  I would never pay for a suite on that ship again. 

We did brilliance a few years ago in Europe on 12 day cruise and it was never that crowded . But our first grand suite was on navigator and remember going in there and there were no seats left, rccl seems to be changing many of the concierge lounges to suite lounges. Again on sister line celebrity never had issue with there suite lounge is never crowded at least on our cruises. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, George C said:

We did brilliance a few years ago in Europe on 12 day cruise and it was never that crowded . But our first grand suite was on navigator and remember going in there and there were no seats left, rccl seems to be changing many of the concierge lounges to suite lounges. Again on sister line celebrity never had issue with there suite lounge is never crowded at least on our cruises. 

Totally agree on Celebrity. Sometimes we are the only ones in the suite lounge. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, George C said:

Yrs ago even lowly Diamonds were allowed to use Concierge Lounge....