“Cruise With Confidence”- cancellations up to 48 hours before sailing

dkjretired

18 minutes ago, Hllb said:

I agree, but I also suspect they  have changed the policy and just haven't updated the wording.  At this stage, you have a good argument to make for getting the split still, but once they post the update, you won't.

If you are still within a partial penalty period (like 31 days out, and entitled to only "lose" XX%), how can Celebrity just decide to refuse to give you the refund of the non-penalty portion? I don't think they can arbitrarily change the policy for people who are after their final payment date and declare that all of it is now going to be handled as FCC.

13 minutes ago, DebInAntigua said:

If you are still within a partial penalty period (like 31 days out, and entitled to only "lose" XX%), how can Celebrity just decide to refuse to give you the refund of the non-penalty portion? I don't think they can arbitrarily change the policy for people who are after their final payment date and declare that all of it is now going to be handled as FCC.

I think you are right. I cancelled on Saturday, under the original terms of the Cruise With Confidence Offer. Folks on this site are reporting you now have a choice, to cancel under the terms before the first Cruise with confidence offer was announced OR the revised Cruise With Confidence offer currently offered.

8 minutes ago, JOHN474 said:

I think you are right. I cancelled on Saturday, under the original terms of the Cruise With Confidence Offer. Folks on this site are reporting you now have a choice, to cancel under the terms before the first Cruise with confidence offer was announced OR the revised Cruise With Confidence offer currently offered.

I agree with this - they're giving you a choice (if what has been reported is actually true, still no verification from Celebrity publicly): 1) cancel under original terms, get a refund of the non-penalty amount according to schedule and then forfeit the penalty completely or 2) get 100% of the money in an FCC (and only refunded prepaid gratuities, etc. but not unpenalized cruise fare)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Sorry if this has been asked, but we cruise in ~2 weeks. Can the FCC be applied towards already booked cruises? I have a February 2021 cruise booked and may rather just have the funds applied to that trip if necessary. 

Yes, it can.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DebInAntigua said:

Mentioned further down by @Hllb - but seems like you have a choice:

1.   Go by original cancellation policy of “refund / loss” per penalty phases   OR
2.   Take 100% back as a FCC (no loss, but all in FCC)

What “seems to be eliminated” (not confirmed by any means by myself!) is that the choice of money back and penalty to FCC has gone to the wind.

H.

Edited by hvbaskey

I've just repriced the same trip as one we will cancel this July. For the exact same cabin, itinerary pretty much identical and same perks, it's going to cost me AUD$8000 more - that's an increase of over 57%!  Are they serious?

34 minutes ago, Pushka said:

I've just repriced the same trip as one we will cancel this July. For the exact same cabin, itinerary pretty much identical and same perks, it's going to cost me AUD$8000 more - that's an increase of over 57%!  Are they serious?

That's why I didn't take FCC.  Requested monies to my card and go on Celebrity itinerary visiting same islands much cheaper. 

• Like 1

Was on the March 14, 2020 cruise but cancelled earlier in the week and was told I would get a 100% FCC.  Now that the cruise has been cancelled does anyone know if I will be able get 100% refund instead of the FCC.

4 minutes ago, DUC950 said:

Was on the March 14, 2020 cruise but cancelled earlier in the week and was told I would get a 100% FCC.  Now that the cruise has been cancelled does anyone know if I will be able get 100% refund instead of the FCC.

I'm 99% sure the answer is no.   You already canceled and accepted the terms at the time.

• 1 month later...
On 3/10/2020 at 6:36 PM, ArtofRam said:

Thanks. I did read this and it is helpful. My confusion came from Costco’s email to me confirming the cancellation. There is no mention of next steps, credits or anything so I guess I do not know if it is a what and see sort of thing or do I need to pursue more.  

I went through the on-line form process from Costco last week, never received any type of confirmation e-mail from them??  Did you receive one quickly or did it take some time before you received your email from Costco.  I canceled an August 7th Alaska cruise, have not paid the final payment and wondering if my deposit will end up as a FCC (whenever it gets processed)?  I have checked the Costco Travel Website and the information for my booking has been removed, but since I haven't heard anything from Costco Travel as yet am concerned.  (I do hope I did not enter the email address incorrectly when submitting the form).  Any others that may have information I'd appreciate it.