IN TRANSIT SPECIALITY DINNER LOTTERY

EightFurryPaws

This is a new one for me.

I'm currently on the Sky. Tomorrow is turn around day in Lauderdale, I'm staying on another week.

I received a call this morning from Guest Services that I was a winner in the lottery for in transit passengers, and they wanted me to make a reservation at the resturant of my choice.  I asked if was totally complimentary, and they assured me it was.  Is this something new?

By the way, a crew member is at all entrances of the buffet from AM to PM making sure hands are washed. There also is a sink at the former Trident Grill, can't recall the new name. So that's a good thing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EightFurryPaws said:

This is a new one for me.

I'm currently on the Sky. Tomorrow is turn around day in Lauderdale, I'm staying on another week.

I received a call this morning from Guest Services that I was a winner in the lottery for in transit passengers, and they wanted me to make a reservation at the resturant of my choice.  I asked if was totally complimentary, and they assured me it was.  Is this something new?

By the way, a crew member is at all entrances of the buffet from AM to PM making sure hands are washed. There also is a sink at the former Trident Grill, can't recall the new name. So that's a good thing.

Seems to be. I have never heard of that before.

Enjoy your dinner and Bon Voyage again!

I was at the in transit talk on the Sky this morning and they were drawing names for a specialty dinner, as well as other freebies. have never experienced this before on a ship.

Congrats to the OP.

5 minutes ago, cnd crsr said:

I was at the in transit talk on the Sky this morning and they were drawing names for a specialty dinner, as well as other freebies. have never experienced this before on a ship.

Congrats to the OP.

Forgive my lack of enlightenment but is there always an "in transit talk"? Our first multi-cruise (a B2B2B) is scheduled for November/December and I wasn't aware of this function.

7 minutes ago, cnd crsr said:

Congrats to the OP.

Brilliant ! - offer a chance at some freebies, and maybe everyone will actually show up on time and the process can begin !

Just now, Thrak said:

Forgive my lack of enlightenment but is there always an "in transit talk"? Our first multi-cruise (a B2B2B) is scheduled for November/December and I wasn't aware of this function.

We received an envelope with a letter and guest in transit tickets for tomorrow as well as a time to meet this morning. they went over the procedure and had a Q&A session . We have had this in the past as well.

2 minutes ago, cnd crsr said:

We received an envelope with a letter and guest in transit tickets for tomorrow as well as a time to meet this morning. they went over the procedure and had a Q&A session . We have had this in the past as well.

Many thanks. Makes sense I have just never been in that situation before. Looking forward to cruising Australia/New Zealand and happy that the virus panic "should" have settled down by the time we leave.

I'm the op. I guess it's legit

Talked to passenger service and they said it's something new. I guess you don't have to be present to win, because I wasn't

Nice touch.

I also asked about the elite toilette items and why none were available on the Sky when I saw the Captain Circle Hostess. She said items in the old bags were not environmentally friendly (after all these years they are just figuring that out) and she had no idea when they would arrive. So I asked what compensation I would receive I'm lieu, and she gave me two drink coupons. Fair

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, EightFurryPaws said:

I'm the op. I guess it's legit

Talked to passenger service and they said it's something new. I guess you don't have to be present to win, because I wasn't

Nice touch.

I also asked about the elite toilette items and why none were available on the Sky when I saw the Captain Circle Hostess. She said items in the old bags were not environmentally friendly (after all these years they are just figuring that out) and she had no idea when they would arrive. So I asked what compensation I would receive I'm lieu, and she gave me two drink coupons. Fair

Thanks for the heads up on the toiletry bags. I just accepted the room steward's explanation that there were no elite toiletry bags -- will go see the Hostess tomorrow and hopefully get 2 drink coupons.