Is anyone on grandiosa now or about to sail ?

wirral36

Hi all,

I wondered if anyone was either aboard, about to board or has just been onboard and how was the sanatising, general cleanliness and hand gel situation. 

are msc actively making cruisers hand sanatiser/wash hands like Royal Caribbean do or is it a bit hit and miss like previous posters advise ? 

we are due onboard end of may with 2 kids and the itinerary is 3 areas of Italy. I’m worried I don’t mind admitting. Right now msc are saying all our money would be lost without options and our TA is saying wait until the last minute to decide. It’s true so many things are changing on a daily basis but I wondered what the feeling was onboard right now. Do you feel safe onboard etc and is there active extra sanatising  etc ?

Thank you. I’ve read there is a meeting with the top msc people tomorrow so hopefully updates will be forthcoming by msc after that.  Some countries have put the whole of Italy on their no go area but U.K. are still saying it’s fine to go apart from the 10 specified towns.  It’s all gone into panic mode locally. Shops shelves are empty and A staff member of a shop had a go at me for daring to ask for A second small pack of 5 antibacterial wipes today (it was for 4 of us).  

Please may I ask for everyone who is going onto the ship before me (end of may) to post updates on here if that’s ok ? I will do the same when I’m on board. 

we fly from U.K. to Barcelona 

No one who is onboard at the minute seems to be on CC or maybe they’re just enjoying themselves too much to post ! 

At this point we can confirm there have been no cases of coronavirus on board any of our ships but we need your help to reduce the risk of infection by exercising the following routine precautions:

Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds, and help young children do the same. Where soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.

Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze. If a tissue is not immediately available, cough or sneeze into your upper arm.

Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.

Avoid personal contact, such sharing cups or eating utensils, with sick people.

MSC have updated their news on the UK site.  This seems to be the only addition to what was already there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lovetoholiday said:

Well, 3 days to go and no word from MSC about any changes, so it looks as if everything is going ahead as planned. So hopefully no news is good news. Fingers crossed!

Hopefully see you on board.

We were supposed to leave today (March 9) from Palermo. So glad we decided not to go. Staying a few extra nights in Paris. There are worse things. 

This is going to be a mess for people who are scheduled to disembark in CIV or PMO and have flights booked from there.

Edited by HofstraJet
  • Like 1