Is anyone on grandiosa now or about to sail ?

wirral36

On the Grandiosa now well actually back off. Boarded today in Barcelona with a revised itinerary and due to depart at 6pm.

About 7pm they announced that Spain was closing it's ports and the cruise was cancelled and to go back to the cabin pack your case and leave the ship. Currently sitting in the teminal waiting to be allocated a hotel. They have said we will get either a full refund or a credit for 125% of the cost. Happy days!

• Like 1

Oh no! How annoying for you. I wonder why they didn’t allow u to stay onboard even if it’s just in port, you could’ve enjoyed the ship and the weather at least for a day or 2. 

I wonder if they are leaving the ship in port or moving it with crew only. 

our cruise isn’t until the end of may and a lot of things will change before then no doubt. 

I hope you get home ok and dont have any issues. Where are u flying back to ? 

20 minutes ago, sidari said:

The ship is leaving tonight for Marseille then Genoa and Rome to drop off passengers, or that was the plan.

Who would be getting off in Genoa or Rome? I thought no Italians have been allowed on board for almost 2 weeks now?

4 minutes ago, sidari said:

Cruises are cancelled.

Yes I know They are, I just thought as people were onboard at the time they may know if the hand gel and washing of hands was stepped up a bit as slot of people were saying previously that it was very lapse. 

15 hours ago, wirral36 said:

What was it like onboard ? As in, were they very proactive on hand sanatiser and washing hands etc ? Cleanliness etc. 

The ship is beautiful and was being cleaned everywhere constantly. There were people otside the dining room spraying everyone's hands on the way in. There were hand sanitizers all over the place. I felt so sorry for the crew who were so nice and kept saying sorry that we were having to leave.

We felt the team in the terminal did a great job in a very difficult sitation  but not everyone agreed with that, there were a lot of very unhappy grumpy people there.

One lesson i have learned is to book the cruise and flights as a package that way the cruise company will get you home rather than having to make your own arrangements.

We were picked up from the hotel this morning and taken to the airport and have just arrived back in the UK.

12 minutes ago, lovetoholiday said:

The ship is beautiful and was being cleaned everywhere constantly. There were people otside the dining room spraying everyone's hands on the way in. There were hand sanitizers all over the place. I felt so sorry for the crew who were so nice and kept saying sorry that we were having to leave.

We felt the team in the terminal did a great job in a very difficult sitation  but not everyone agreed with that, there were a lot of very unhappy grumpy people there.

One lesson i have learned is to book the cruise and flights as a package that way the cruise company will get you home rather than having to make your own arrangements.

We were picked up from the hotel this morning and taken to the airport and have just arrived back in the UK.

Thank you so much for your reply. I’m glad to hear you have arrived back home safely. We’ve booked with a cruise travel agent as a package. Looks like Spain is now in the no go zone.  Yes I understand why people were moany but you can’t play around with your health. 

18 hours ago, lovetoholiday said:

On the Grandiosa now well actually back off. Boarded today in Barcelona with a revised itinerary and due to depart at 6pm.

About 7pm they announced that Spain was closing it's ports and the cruise was cancelled and to go back to the cabin pack your case and leave the ship. Currently sitting in the teminal waiting to be allocated a hotel. They have said we will get either a full refund or a credit for 125% of the cost. Happy days!

Hi.I'm fuming the way that MSC handled the situation last night.As soon as the announcement was made saying that we all had to be off by 11pm we went back to the cabin and packed straight away.We went down to the terminal at 7.45pm one of the first there.We kept asking what was going on and they wouldn't say.We were the first at the exit but as more and more people came down the staff said to us go to the back and have a seat and more information would follow.Well 3 hours later still nothing.We went to the desk again and asked what the line was for and they said it was for passengers to get a coach and to be taken to a hotel.Well at this point we were angry.We were the first down and then only to be told we would have to go to the back of the queue.We had all been up since 4am Thursday morning.My mom and dad are 66 and my uncle is 70.In the end we said we would sort ourselves out.We got a taxi at 12am cost us 60 euros to the airport.We spent the night at the airport just back home now.Been up 36 hours.Been like a bad dream.They should have told us not to travel yesterday we would have stayed at home.

2 minutes ago, Cruisergal1208 said:

Consider yourself luck to get off and have a way home.  Many of the crew had to re-board due to flights to their home country were cancelled and they had no where to go. 

We were lucky because we booked the flights as soon as the announcement ended.A few minutes later nothing left.No help from MSC what so ever.

13 minutes ago, Shocked91 said:

We were lucky because we booked the flights as soon as the announcement ended.A few minutes later nothing left.No help from MSC what so ever.

We had the opposite outcome, we had booked as a fly cruise and MSC rebooked our flights, took us to a hotel which provided food and drink. Then a private transfer mini bus picked us up at the hotel this morning and took us to the airport.

The staff were put under a great deal of pressure with a situation outwith their control and I really felt sorry for them and for all the ones who are now out of a job and can't get home.

Glad that you got back safely in the end.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lovetoholiday said:

We had the opposite outcome, we had booked as a fly cruise and MSC rebooked our flights, took us to a hotel which provided food and drink. Then a private transfer mini bus picked us up at the hotel this morning and took us to the airport.

The staff were put under a great deal of pressure with a situation outwith their control and I really felt sorry for them and for all the ones who are now out of a job and can't get home.

Glad that you got back safely in the end.

Hi.Glad you got home okay as well.My aunty and uncle also booked direct with MSC they told them at the desk and didn't want to know.We will claim for our flights through our insurance.