Cruising with confidence

3 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

One could argue they could just tell you “sucks to be you but our cancellation policy is what it is” I think they are being more than fair. 

Yes but if I cant travel next year it doesn't help

thankfully I just called them and it only needs booked by December 31st 2021. And can be use on a 2022 cruise or even 2023 if there out 

Edited by Garyjames220
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Garyjames220 said:

thankfully I just called them and it only needs booked by December 31st 2021. And can be use on a 2022 cruise or even 2023 if there out 

It that does not mean that Royal is taking advantage of you (as was stated in the post I was replying to) they are doing the best possible under extenuating circumstances. 

3 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:

That would be nice if true but it certainly is not what is stated.  Hope you got the rep's name

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

It means that Royal isn’t taking advantage of anyone, pretty simple. Legally they didn’t have to offer ANYTHING if one chose not to cruise. 

Well the way things are going I can see cruises been cancelled anyway by royal 

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

One could argue they could just tell you “sucks to be you but our cancellation policy is what it is” I think they are being more than fair. 

Yes they could, but these are exceptional circumstances, if your are a regular cruiser yes I can see your point of view. But a lot of people choose a cruise to celebrate a special occasion at a price point and location that suits them at the time, an offerer of a trip in the future at an unknown price would not be ideal for all.

• Like 1

Just now, DaiC01 said:

Yes they could, but these are exceptional circumstances, if your are a regular cruiser yes I can see your point of view. But a lot of people choose a cruise to celebrate a special occasion at a price point and location that suits them at the time, an offerer of a trip in the future at an unknown price would not be ideal for all.

No, not ideal at all,  but I continue to direct to the original post I refuted- Royal is not “taking advantage” of anyone. 

13 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

No, not ideal at all,  but I continue to direct to the original post I refuted- Royal is not “taking advantage” of anyone. 

I never implied that RC were taking advantage of anyone, but they are taking advantage of the situation, the fanfare to this policy was to help customer but in reality its main purpose is to protect revenue both current and future.

Actually I don't blame them, they have a duty to their share holders but just be honest about it.

Looking at the comments on this and other site the trend appears to be that regular  cruiser who are loyal to a particular company applaud  the policy but the infrequent transient cruiser doesn't .

I'm still going until RC say I cant, {which I suspect they will 48hr before we sail out of Singapore on the 30th April} but I'm relatively young, fit and well with no commitments at home.

13 minutes ago, DaiC01 said:

I never implied that RC were taking advantage of anyone, but they are taking advantage of the situation, the fanfare to this policy was to help customer but in reality its main purpose is to protect revenue both current and future.

Actually I don't blame them, they have a duty to their share holders but just be honest about it.

Looking at the comments on this and other site the trend appears to be that regular  cruiser who are loyal to a particular company applaud  the policy but the infrequent transient cruiser doesn't .

I'm still going until RC say I cant, {which I suspect they will 48hr before we sail out of Singapore on the 30th April} but I'm relatively young, fit and well with no commitments at home.

It doesn't protect revenue the way I think you are implying...it protects the company from a negative PR backlash. 

The number of rooms available hasn't changed...so anyone with a FCC is taking a room in the future that otherwise would have been sold to someone else.  If they were only interested in cash they would say "Read the T&C, we don't owe you a refund and you should have used travel insurance"....by offering the FCC and free rebooking....they are loosing millions in revenue.

1 hour ago, DaiC01 said:

spot on  

our reasons is we plan in having a baby after the cruise we were going to do and I don't want to go to the Caribbean with Zika virus then once the baby is born they can't go on a cruise anyway for the at least 6 months so it really leaves 2021 out the question for us

Edited by Garyjames220
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

It doesn't protect revenue the way I think you are implying...it protects the company from a negative PR backlash. 

The number of rooms available hasn't changed...so anyone with a FCC is taking a room in the future that otherwise would have been sold to someone else.  If they were only interested in cash they would say "Read the T&C, we don't owe you a refund and you should have used travel insurance"....by offering the FCC and free rebooking....they are loosing millions in revenue.

Part of the press release was about the fall of future booking and how this would put those who were nevious about booking at ease. So does attempt to protect future bookings.

NCR has gone a step further by offering many free extras for future bookings. It seems they are not only trying to protect current market position but actively seeking to attrack new customers. 

3 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Be grateful that Royal is even offering the option to cancel and provide FCC.

Royal would be stupid not to offer a FCC seeing as the U.S. State Department has advised all U.S. citizens not to cruise; the U.S. Health Secretary is reportedly pushing the President to support a temporary ban on cruises; 2 Princess ships have had passengers quarantined; 2 Princess ships have been denied entry to U.S. ports so that crew members can be tested; Carnival canceled stops in Jamaica and Grand Cayman; and 3 workers at Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale have tested positive for Coronavirus, etc.     It has been a public relations nightmare.    There are those that fear contracting coronvarius.  And, at this point, I dare say that there are even more that fear being quarantined on their ship, having ports cancelled and/or being denied re-entry to their departure port.

Given this,  I would respectfully suggest that Royal should extend the 12/31/2021 re-booking requrement through at least 2022.  And, there is mounting pressure for cruises lines to issue full refunds to those traveling in the next couple of months.

4 minutes ago, elephant98 said:

Royal would be stupid not to offer a FCC seeing as the U.S. State Department has advised all U.S. citizens not to cruise; the U.S. Health Secretary is reportedly pushing the President to support a temporary ban on cruises; 2 Princess ships have had passengers quarantined; 2 Princess ships have been denied entry to U.S. ports so that crew members can be tested; Carnival canceled stops in Jamaica and Grand Cayman; and 3 workers at Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale have tested positive for Coronavirus, etc.     It has been a public relations nightmare.    There are those that fear contracting coronvarius.  And, at this point, I dare say that there are even more that fear being quarantined on their ship, having ports cancelled and/or being denied re-entry to their departure port.

Given this,  I would respectfully suggest that Royal should extend the 12/31/2021 re-booking requrement through at least 2022.  And, there is mounting pressure for cruises lines to issue full refunds to those traveling in the next couple of months.

I have called them and have written confirmation that you can use the FCC for 2022-2023. 

As long as the cruise is booked by 31st December 2021

Edited by Garyjames220
  • Like 1

Just now, Garyjames220 said:

I have called them and have written confirmation that you can use the FCC for 2022-2023. 

Excellent!  Thanks for the clarification on that. Being able to book as far out as 2022-2023 should enable a person who cancels to get a lower price by virtue of booking so far out.  

• Thanks 1

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but:

We're on the May 17th Allure Western Med in an Ocean view Balcony GTY. The overall price has dropped $400 from when we booked it, and we're still interested in going unless it's cancelled.

When we booked it, it was under the BOGO 60% off deal, but now it looks like the promotion is 30% off per passenger.

Given the above, would there be any way to get some benefit out of the price drop? I wasn't sure sure if getting a FCC with the new policy would work due to the different promotion structure - my hunch is that we'd have to pay the extra 30% for pax #2 out of pocket now? Also, while unlikely, there's the risk of the fare going up before the FCC comes in, right?

Apologies if I asked something really obvious - we're fairly new to cruising.

Thanks!

19 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:

I have no reason to not believe that you have written confirmation. Problem is, it conflicts with what their stated policy is. “Departing on-or-before” does not mean “booked by”. It’s this type of ambiguity that is driving people crazy. 

Q : How long will I have to redeem my Future Cruise Credit?
A : All Cruise with Confidence Future Cruise Credits must be redeemed on sailings departing on-or-before December 31, 2021.

mac_tlc

7 minutes ago, P_and_L said:

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but:

We're on the May 17th Allure Western Med in an Ocean view Balcony GTY. The overall price has dropped $400 from when we booked it, and we're still interested in going unless it's cancelled.

When we booked it, it was under the BOGO 60% off deal, but now it looks like the promotion is 30% off per passenger.

Given the above, would there be any way to get some benefit out of the price drop? I wasn't sure sure if getting a FCC with the new policy would work due to the different promotion structure - my hunch is that we'd have to pay the extra 30% for pax #2 out of pocket now? Also, while unlikely, there's the risk of the fare going up before the FCC comes in, right?

Apologies if I asked something really obvious - we're fairly new to cruising.

Thanks!

Based on the postings back on page 2 of this thread, Royal will not permit you cancel your May 17th cruise and then use your FCC to rebook on the exact same May 17th cruise in order to take advantage of a price drop.  Beyond that, I’m not sure you would be saving money anyway.  BOGO 60% off sales usually come out the same as 30% off per passenger rates . . . unless there is some difference between pricing with 3rd and 4th passengers in a stateroom (and, I am not familiar with this latter circumstance happening).

7 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

I have no reason to not believe that you have written confirmation. Problem is, it conflicts with what their stated policy is. “Departing on-or-before” does not mean “booked by”. It’s this type of ambiguity that is driving people crazy. 

Q : How long will I have to redeem my Future Cruise Credit?
A : All Cruise with Confidence Future Cruise Credits must be redeemed on sailings departing on-or-before December 31, 2021.

mac_tlc

Yes that's what I seen on the website to 

but he said as long as it's booked by 31st December 2021 its classed as redeemed and I asked to speak to a manager as I thought the same but he sent me confirmation in writing 

you can also call and see what they tell u but that's what I have been told