Can we take alcohol onboard?

Good evening everyone,

I'm sure that this question will have been asked a million times before, but I can't seem to find any posts.

Are passengers allowed to take alcohol on board, and if so, what is the allowance? I believe that it is 1Litre per passenger on P&O. Wondered if it is the same on Anthem of the Seas.

Thank you

No, you cannot take alcohol on board. Sorry. Its clearly written in the policy terms. If you are caught with your own booze you will get fined or even kicked out. I would suggest drinking it before coming on board lol. In any case many cruisers have nice bars and minibars in the cabins. Just spend a few bucks and drink on board. The only downside is that the drink they offer on board are veeery mediocre. But I think if you want to get drunk it will be more than enough. Have fun! 

Just now, Roger88 said:

No, you cannot take alcohol on board. Sorry. Its clearly written in the policy terms. If you are caught with your own booze you will get fined or even kicked out. I would suggest drinking it before coming on board lol. In any case many cruisers have nice bars and minibars in the cabins. Just spend a few bucks and drink on board. The only downside is that the drink they offer on board are veeery mediocre. But I think if you want to get drunk it will be more than enough. Have fun! 

Not true.  See post #2.

2 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

2- 750 ML bottles  of wine per cabin that has an adult, regardless of length of cruise and number of adults in the cabin. 

m

Thanks, but is it only wine that you can take. I was thinking more like Vodka or Southern comfort.

1 minute ago, sidekick180 said:

Thanks, but is it only wine that you can take. I was thinking more like Vodka or Southern comfort.

No spirits allowed, just wine. They are much stricter than P and O and the onboard prices much higher.

26 minutes ago, sidekick180 said:

If you empty a bottle of wine then fill it with vodka or southern comfort then replace cork and foil . I not saying I would ever do that 😁😁

Are the drinks packages worth it? We would probably only have about 4 or 5 drinks in the evening, which would be Lager or southern comfort and lemonade for me, vodka and coke or mocktails for the other half. Neither of us drink wine at all. We both like the occasional nice coffee and tea, plus we obviously drink plenty of water, but I assume water is available in all the eating places?

1 minute ago, sidekick180 said:

Are the drinks packages worth it? We would probably only have about 4 or 5 drinks in the evening, which would be Lager or southern comfort and lemonade for me, vodka and coke or mocktails for the other half. Neither of us drink wine at all. We both like the occasional nice coffee and tea, plus we obviously drink plenty of water, but I assume water is available in all the eating places?

Fresh squeezed OJ at breakfast

cappuccino

beer with lunch

a few G&Ts before dinner

the drinks you mention with dinner
A few bottles of water to take ashore

so long as you have 6 drinks a day and lots of sea days, then the package is worth it.

6 minutes ago, little britain said:

Fresh squeezed OJ at breakfast

cappuccino

beer with lunch

a few G&Ts before dinner

the drinks you mention with dinner
A few bottles of water to take ashore

so long as you have 6 drinks a day and lots of sea days, then the package is worth it.

Sounds good to me. just looked at the list of your cruises and it looks like you are booked to go on the one we are currently looking at, which is the Jaane McDonald one on 20th September. I haven't booked it yet because my other half needs to see if she can get the time off work. she will be finding out on Thursday. If she can, we will be booking it and this is why I am asking so many questions. We have never used RCI before, only P&O.