New Drink Packages for MSC....Again?

cruiseguyinorl

Just looked at some client's bookings for October in Canada/New England. Now there are only two drink packages to choose. EASY PLUS (drinks up to $9) or PREMIUM EXTRA (drinks up to $13) plus the kids package. I will say they are significantly less expensive. Anyone else run into these yet? My MSC rep knows nothing of them so I am digging deeper.

Bret

• Like 1

My Caribbean sailings for Fall 2020, Spring 2021 and Fall 2021 all show Easy, Premium and Premium Plus at the current price levels.  I cancelled my European bookings so can no longer see drinks packages for them.  That Easy Plus and Premium Extra sound more like the old Classic and Deluxe which I liked much better.  What are the prices per day you see?

43 minutes ago, Até said:

What are the prices per day you see?

The Easy Plus was $220 and the Premium Extra $310. So $22 per day for the EPP and $31 per day for the PEP since it is a 10 night cruise. Details are below. This is for the Meraviglia on Oct 2nd by the way.

Bret

Easy Extra Package.png

Premium Extra Package.png

Edited by cruiseguyinorl
Added ship and date.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if that's an indication the All In promotion is going away.  Those prices are much more reasonable and will entice people to book outright if they want a drinks package.  Either because I'm unwilling to pay the price difference for the All In promotion or because nothing is yet offered I currently have four sailings booked with no drink package, so this would be a welcome change to me.

ETA: Nice to see the Easy Plus is good in specialty restaurants, but I wonder what you will be able to get there for $9.  Bottled water.

Edited by Até

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to confirm that the drink packages I posted are in fact the new drink packages that will be implemented in the future. Due to the current situation, no starting date has been announced. Apparently the sailing I just happened to find them on was a test sailing for IT purposes. Also, no firm price has been decided.

Bret

• Like 2

Thanks Bret.

I have several cruises further out booked at Escape to Sea rate hoping these packages are offered by then.  Those prices you mentioned are much more in line with the old package prices, before the November 2018 and current packages with significantly higher prices.  MSC will be unpopular with people who have booked Easy under the All In rate if they keep those lower prices, would an upgrade from Easy to Easy Pus be a $13pp/day credit and Easy to Premium Extra get you a $4pp/day credit?  Not likely.   I have two sailings where it would be a real hassle to try changing from All-In to Escape to Sea just to get the Premium X drinks package at a decent price.