Cruise with Confidence question

Hi all,

Can someone please clarify my understanding of cruise with confidence. I get the purpose of it, but if my cruise is in May and I already paid in full. 

Can I cancel and rebook The same cruise for a lower rate.

i called Royal Caribbean twice and both people seemed to not know the real answer. 

One had told me I can’t do it at all and I get all of it back cruise credit.

The other said I lose my deposit and 25% of remaining balance. The other 75% gets refunded to my credit card. 

What is the actual answer? 

2 hours ago, Pandabear90 said:

Hi all,

Can someone please clarify my understanding of cruise with confidence. I get the purpose of it, but if my cruise is in May and I already paid in full. 

Can I cancel and rebook The same cruise for a lower rate.

i called Royal Caribbean twice and both people seemed to not know the real answer. 

One had told me I can’t do it at all and I get all of it back cruise credit.

The other said I lose my deposit and 25% of remaining balance. The other 75% gets refunded to my credit card. 

What is the actual answer? 

You can cancel and receive a 100% FCC.

You can rebook the cruise paying whatever the current rates are as a separate transaction.

You cannot apply the FCC from a cancelled cruise to the same cruise.  The FCC must be applied to a different cruise.  

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can cancel and receive a 100% FCC.

You can rebook the cruise paying whatever the current rates are as a separate transaction.

You cannot apply the FCC from a cancelled cruise to the same cruise.  The FCC must be applied to a different cruise.  

The amount of the FCC depends on where you are in the cancellation period.   The amount that you would normal lose as a penalty for cancelling (25, 50, 75, 100% ) plus the $100 Non-Refundable Deposit will be the amount of the FCC.   The non-penalty amount and the port taxes and fees will be refunded to your credit card.

25 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

The amount of the FCC depends on where you are in the cancellation period.   The amount that you would normal lose as a penalty for cancelling (25, 50, 75, 100% ) plus the $100 Non-Refundable Deposit will be the amount of the FCC.   The non-penalty amount and the port taxes and fees will be refunded to your credit card.

What would I get back in fCc

I cancelled an April cruise today through a large TA. When the agent was on the phone with the Royal Caribbean Rep, she asked about a cancellation number, the Rep said that the FCC would be applied to the original reservation number with no addition cancellation number.

I checked my online Royal Caribbean online account, this cruse is still list under my Upcoming Cruises. When will this cruise no longer appear there?

28 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

I am pretty sure the rules changed in just the past day or 2 so that it is all FCC now including the non penalty amount.  Guess too many were cancelling.