Royal Up AFTER cancelling

34 minutes ago, canadian girl 77 said:

I cancelled our March15 cruise yesterday at 1p.m. I just received notice that I won a Junior Suite upgrade. I'm now on hold to figure out what happened.

I thought that happened to me once and I called.  I MIS read the email and it said I did not get the upgrade>> red faced!!!  

6 hours ago, torpeedo said:

I thought that happened to me once and I called.  I MIS read the email and it said I did not get the upgrade>> red faced!!!  

The denial e-mails don't usually come till the day before the cruise, so it's unlikely that's what the OP got.

• 2 weeks later...

Also it sounds as though I will get a 100% FCC instead of 125% FCC despite the email they sent me on March 13 saying otherwise. And I still haven't received any refund from my Royal Up or Cruise Planner purchases.

I would be fine with the 100% if they had not decided to charge me for Royal Up.

32 minutes ago, canadian girl 77 said:

Also it sounds as though I will get a 100% FCC instead of 125% FCC despite the email they sent me on March 13 saying otherwise. And I still haven't received any refund from my Royal Up or Cruise Planner purchases.

I would be fine with the 100% if they had not decided to charge me for Royal Up.

It says above YOU cancelled the cruise. If you cancel yes its 100%. The 125% is if royal cancels and you do nothing. They email it. Reread what it says. Sorry if you lost out.

On 3/27/2020 at 8:43 PM, firefly333 said:

It says above YOU cancelled the cruise. If you cancel yes its 100%. The 125% is if royal cancels and you do nothing. They email it. Reread what it says. Sorry if you lost out.

I get that. However, why did they charge me for the Royal UP - two days after I cancelled? That is the issue. The website wouldn't let me cancel or alter any Royal Up bids I made.

This is the email I received. It says nothing about me cancelling nor does it make any mention that if I previously cancelled I won't get the credit.

Dear Guest,

We’re sure you’ve been monitoring the news regarding COVID-19. This situation remains quite fluid, and we all continue to assess the impact and monitor the number of cases around the world. And while there are still a lot of unknowns related to COVID-19, we do know it presents the most serious health risks to older individuals, the immunocompromised, and those with serious underlying medical conditions.

At Royal Caribbean International, the safety and well-being of our guests and crew is our top priority. As a result, we are suspending operations for sailings that depart from US ports (including Puerto Rico) effective at midnight tonight, March 14th. Regrettably, we will need to cancel your upcoming Oasis of the Seas March 15, 2020 cruise. Our goal is to resume operation on April 11th, 2020.

1. Knowing this situation is ever-changing, we want to provide you with some options. As we know, this too shall pass, and we are optimistic that very soon you’ll be excited about planning your next cruise vacation. As always, the most important thing to us will always be the safety of both our guests and crew. In the meantime, we’ll continue to monitor the global situation. And, when it’s determined that the time is right, we’ll be ready to welcome you back.

As a result of this change, we’re providing you with a 125% Future Cruise Credit to come back and sail with us by December 31, 2021.

• This amount will be based on of your total cruise fare paid. And, we’re giving you a little extra, knowing that this is such a unique circumstance.

• We will automatically issue you your Future Cruise Credit by Monday, April 13th, 2020 via email. So, there’s nothing for you to do!

• Please know, if you pre-purchased any amenities and packages – like internet, beverage, dining, or RoyalUp Upgrade, those will be automatically refunded.

Or, if you prefer the lower value in a full refund, we’re happy to process this for you. Given how fluid this situation is, and the opportunity to use the extra credit being offered, you have plenty of time to make up your mind. You do not need to request your refund until December 31, 2021.

• Please contact us to start the refund process, if you’re willing to give up the higher value of your 125% Future Cruise Credit.

• We’ll then deactivate your Future Cruise Credit and process your refund to your original form(s) of payment, which will include any non-refundable deposits.

• To avoid waiting on the phone to cancel, please click here and we will get the process started for you.

• You can expect to receive your refund 30 days after you submit your request.

And, if you purchased air or hotel…

• via Royal Caribbean, these will also be automatically refunded to you. 

• on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them. 

If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately or contact us at:

• 1-800-754-500 in Australia

• 1-800-256-6649 in the U.S. or Canada

• All other countries, please visit http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contactus for your local Royal Caribbean International office phone number.

Thank you for your patience, understanding, and cooperation during this situation. We wish you good health and truly appreciate your continued loyalty.

Just now, canadian girl 77 said:

However, why did they charge me for the Royal UP - two days after I cancelled? That is the issue.

Plusgrade (the company that runs Royal Up for RCI) probably was on automatic pilot (and had all the info needed including credit card) and without intervention from RCI, it went ahead with processing bids.