Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

1 hour ago, chrysalis said:

As you know, we are like you and were cancelled mid-cruise....for us, 10 days before the end of our 20 dayer. The letter delivered to our cabin that gave us the Option 1 and Option 2 choices, said that for Option 1, the FCCs would amount to 125% of the cruise fare paid ….which means getting 125% of the total fare we paid for the 20 days, even though we cruised for 10 of those days.

If you got the same wording, I take that to mean that you should be getting 125%FCC for your total 32 days.

With option 1 we were under the impression it would be 225% of the last 18 days.

customer service onboard told us it would be the prorated for the days beyond the first 14 days.

who knows? 
125% or 225% of nothing equals nothing...

have you gotten anything yet?

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tonit964 said:

Not yet. I spoke with the dispute supervisor from my bank yesterday and we will wait until Friday the 29th, that will give Princess 10 business days, then if it hasn't, she'll complete the dispute. She stated the delay is with the merchant, not the bank so we'll see. 

I'm really happy to read lots of folks are getting their refunds!

Thank for the crossed fingers. Good luck to you too.

I'll post once it has hit my account or I end up completing the dispute.

called Princess again today--my money was 'released' to the credit card co on 5-13-20 supposedly.  To date, neither they or I have seen a penny of it hit the account.  I did get another 'sorry for the delay' e-mail today from Princess.  It would seem someone is trying to mislead me.  I cancelled a 4-11-20 voyage on 3-5-20 and opted for option 2 on 3-12-20. Dispute filed 4-27-20/

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, mthomp5 said:

I was supposed to have been on this cruise.  Nothing received  yet.  But my case is a bit more complex than the standard Pause 1.  I canceled before Princess did their pause but I’m still in pause 1. 

No not ‘complex’  .. we are called ‘compassionate cancellations’ according to what @ceilidh1 was told in webinar.

AND we go to back of the bus in the refund department apparently.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We received a payment that was less than the amount paid.  We were to have a

400 credit from payment of air that was less than we paid.  It was credit on the

booking though was to be refunded to us on January18, 2020.   Hopefully, we will see

the money.   

4 minutes ago, remydiva said:

No not ‘complex’  .. we are called ‘compassionate cancellations’ according to what @ceilidh1 was told in webinar.

AND we go to back of the bus in the refund department apparently.

The term wasn't used in the webinar - the rep on the phone used it. I've been mulling it over and not sure I like the term. It makes it sound as if they going out of their way to do us a favour. LOL. Like "we will make an exception for you..." To be honest, at this stage I would settle for the original terms at cancellation (around $2300 in refundable amounts back to cc and cancellation penalty of just over $3000 as FCC) - don't do me any favours, just give me what I am owed!

7 hours ago, Coral said:

What date was your cruise? Not that it matters anymore.

April 4th Ruby. Syd to Van. 35day tp.as  Was cancelled by Princess on the 12th and we requested option #2 soon as the link came up. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, rlbeck said:

April 4th Ruby. Syd to Van. 35day tp.as  Was cancelled by Princess on the 12th and we requested option #2 soon as the link came up. 

Feeling Hopeful

We too were on that cruise..

FCC received a few weeks ago

waiting on refund.

Thanks for posting 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, I just got so excited as I got a call from customer relations. My excitement was short lived. This was about my cancelled AUGUST cruise and she claimed she was unable to look at the March booking. So, get this...my August cruise only had a deposit paid so I figured I would go for the double deposit FCC. It was only a 3 day cruise so the deposit due back when I booked a year ago was $74. Customer relations just called and told me I wasn't eligible for the double deposit because 1) I had paid less than $100 and that was the minimum amount (which is WRONG because even those who had $1 deposits are eligible for double deposit - minimum FCC is $100) and 2) The $74 I paid was not the full deposit required (also wrong - I'm 100% sure that if it was not the full deposit the booking would have been cancelled long ago). Anyways, I told her she was incorrect and suggested she might want to get the information that was being given to TAs and passengers before she spoke to anyone else. I also said that I really couldn't care less about the FCC at this point - if she wanted to refund me then go the hell ahead with it. Seriously, you try to help this company out and they just can't get it together!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, rlbeck said:

Sounds like it would have been a great cruise! Sorry.... I had said "not that it matters anymore" as they don't seem to be going by sailing date anymore. My sailing was April 19th transatlantic. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ccqueenanne said:

April 4, Royal, selected option 2 on March 12. FCC received in April.

I used two credit cards for payments and just received the refund to the first card (American Express). I'd put $500 on the Amex because of the Amex Offer for $100 back on a $500 cruise charge. I did get that $100 credit immediately after charging, so I wonder if that'll get clawed back (totally fine if it does, of course).

No refund yet on my Chase card, but am now feeling very hopeful. I'm going under the assumption that processing times differ for different credit card programs.

Until I started seeing several folks posting this week about refunds coming in, I was getting ready to dispute the charges. I'm glad I didn't bother.

Good luck folks - I think the tide is turning on refunds.

My $100 on my AmEX card was clawed back within a few days, as expected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

April 4th sailing on the Sky...  filled out paperwork for option 2 on March 15th.

Over 2K airfair

Over 6K cruise cost

Over 1K activities booked

NO REFUND ON ANYTHING!  Great job Princess. 

3 hours ago, sxc said:

Someone in this forum posted the toll free number for Bottom Line regarding refund cheques.  I have scrolled down the past dozen pages but still could not find it.  Would someone be kind enough to post it again as I would like go follow up on my refund as well.  Thanks

I do not know if this is the number you are looking forward 800-774-6237 on Page #92 post #2285.  I am still waiting for my refund it comes to 60 days next week.  I will give them a call soon after it hits 60 days.

Good luck.

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

The term wasn't used in the webinar - the rep on the phone used it. I've been mulling it over and not sure I like the term. It makes it sound as if they going out of their way to do us a favour. LOL. Like "we will make an exception for you..." To be honest, at this stage I would settle for the original terms at cancellation (around $2300 in refundable amounts back to cc and cancellation penalty of just over $3000 as FCC) - don't do me any favours, just give me what I am owed!

Sorry I knew you’d said it just forgot where 🙂

agree the term sounds like we are being treated differently ..maybe even punished for having the nerve to see the writing in the wall .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Slotown said:

called Princess again today--my money was 'released' to the credit card co on 5-13-20 supposedly.  To date, neither they or I have seen a penny of it hit the account.  I did get another 'sorry for the delay' e-mail today from Princess.  It would seem someone is trying to mislead me.  I cancelled a 4-11-20 voyage on 3-5-20 and opted for option 2 on 3-12-20. Dispute filed 4-27-20/

So for you, Tuesday the 26th will be 10 business days. I'm not clear, you said you already filed a dispute on 4/27 and the bank/credit card company didn't credit your account already?

My cruise was on /4/11 also and I requested option 2-refund on 3/13. 

I think a big mistake Princess is making is telling people that their refund was "processed/issued" on a specific date when it seems like that may not be the case. However, folks are reporting they're getting their money. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ChattTenn said:

I do not know if this is the number you are looking forward 800-774-6237 on Page #92 post #2285.  I am still waiting for my refund it comes to 60 days next week.  I will give them a call soon after it hits 60 days.

Good luck.

This is the Princess customer relations general line.  I thought that was the number too but got the same messages like 1-800-PRINCESS.The 1-800 number that I referred to mentioned Bottom Line and then press option 8., but there was no option 8 to choose on the number on mpg 92.  Thanks anyway for your help

On 5/19/2020 at 12:50 PM, ceilidh1 said:

This is direct from One Source (the TA portal for Princess):

What if a guest has Princess EZair on their booking? Is that covered too?

It depends; for Flexible Air, any outstanding cancellation fees will be added to the FCC. For Restricted Air, there may be a credit issued by the airline, which will become a separate Future Air Credit for that airline that can be used when booking their Princess Cruise (the credit only applies to that airline). The balance of the air cost paid will be added to their FCC.

Items on Original Booking

How $$ is Refunded or Credited

Bonus FCC- Ready to Book

Bonus FCC - Not Ready to Book Immediately

*if guest wants refund of TF&PE, PVP, Transfers, Air, Hotel No Need to Call

Refund - Not Ready to Rebook Immediately

*No need to call

Refund - Ready to Book Immediately

Cruise/Cruisetour Fare

Converted to FCC

Converted to FCC

Refunded to Guest

Moved to holding account*

Air- flex & restricted

Refunded to Guest

Hotels

Refunded to Guest

Transfers

Moved to new booking*

Refunded to Guest

TF&PE

Moved to new booking*

Moved to holding account*, will be refunded if no new bkg

Refunded to Guest

PVP

Moved to new booking*

Refunded to Guest

Prepaid Shore Ex & Special Services

Refunded to Guest. Must be reapplied to new booking.

Refunded to Guest

Refunded to Guest

Refunded to Guest. Must be reapplied to new booking.

Promo OBCs and Value items

No Refund, No Transfer

No Refund, No Transfer

No Refund, No Transfer

No Refund, No Transfer

FCDs applied

FCD removed from booking and if expired, it will be refunded.    

FCCs applied

FCC removed from the booking. Expiration dates extended to 01May22.

FCC removed from the booking.  Expiration dates extended to 01May22.

*Guest can request refund

Maybe you had restricted air rather than flexible? 

Just wanted to update you on my conversation with a Princess rep today which turned out great.  She was very helpful.  She said that as they were processing so many different items that our air was put in a "dummy itinerary for Dec 2021/2022" which flagged her as such.  Some of the agents must not know about this as the first guy I had spoke with didn't know what it was.  Anyways she said as I had called, she checked with someone and they said that the airfare could be refunded back to the CC - and this is "in process".  This is good news for us and we are happy with the result.   Thanks to those who gave me some help with this. 

Until we cruise again.

Diane

8 hours ago, remydiva said:

The delays in receiving compensation has resulted in a lot of conjecture and assumptions and 'I know about IT and accounting' so not going to argue that...pointless.

But here is what we DO know to be 'factual' based on posts.

1. The refunds/FCC/FCD are NOT being processed in any order. Not by cruse date. Not by Option 1 or Option 2. Not by cancellation date. Not by which country you live in.

2. There 'appears' to be different categories of cruise compensation according to those who have spoken with Princess Reps. They are

•  'in transit' for those whose cruise was interrupted midway through. Some have been told THESE ones, perhaps the most inconvenienced of any, are at the BACK of the refund line up! The rationale is likely because these ones are very complicated. Yes, but that doesn't justify not having some very skilled agents deal with them in some order; not last.
  • 'Compassionate consideration' for those who cancelled BEFORE the Mar 12 mass cancellation of Phase 1. These are also back of the refund line up, standing just in front of the 'in transit' cruisers. Again, a mixed bag of % refunded already, insurance claims maybe. Deal with it.
  • Others. This salad bowl category is everyone else be it multiple cabins, EZ air or not, prepaid gratuities or not, shore excursion or not, gift cards used.

3. It makes no difference if you picked Option 1 or Option 2. One isn't being handled before the other.

4. Some got their 'refunds' back in the mail via cheques/checks.

5.. Others got their monies owed back to their credit card.

6.. Some got their FCD back and reinstated as a FCD (I did) but others got cash back or...nothing at all.

7.. Some got their FCC back first, then about two weeks later got the Princess cash owed back.

8.. Some got their bonus FCC; others did not.

9.. Some got their account squared away on Day 60 or close to. Others, are way WAY past Day 60.

10.. Your Cruise 'status' has no bearing whatsoever on how quickly or not your claim is being dealt with' nor should it.

11.. We are all in this together and it kinda sucks.

THAT much I know to be true. 🙂

You pretty much covered it ... I would like to add gift card reimbursement to the list.  I guess we will just wait and see.  

4 hours ago, Slotown said:

Some banks have a longer than usual delay in posting the refunds to make sure there is no fraud involved.  The delay could actually be caused by working through the dispute so you won't get the refund x 2.  Not criticizing you at all .. just explaining what I've learned through this whole debacle.  

6 hours ago, sxc said:

Someone in this forum posted the toll free number for Bottom Line regarding refund cheques.  I have scrolled down the past dozen pages but still could not find it.  Would someone be kind enough to post it again as I would like go follow up on my refund as well.  Thanks

I think this may be the number you are looking for:

RegionUS and Canada
Contact Emailmemberservices@paymode-x.com
Phone Number+1 877.443.6944
Phone HoursMonday - Friday 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM ET

1 hour ago, sxc said:

This is the Princess customer relations general line.  I thought that was the number too but got the same messages like 1-800-PRINCESS.The 1-800 number that I referred to mentioned Bottom Line and then press option 8., but there was no option 8 to choose on the number on mpg 92.  Thanks anyway for your help

I found this information for BottomLine on a different thread:

RegionUS and Canada
Contact Emailmemberservices@paymode-x.com
Phone Number+1 877.443.6944
Phone HoursMonday - Friday 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM ET

Needless to say, I never received my promised call from customer relations today, so I decided to call them in one last attempt to resolve. I got through immediately and asked for customer relations. It was a 45 minute hold for that. As soon as the customer relation agent came on, I could tell this would not be a pleasant call - she was very abrupt and barked out "Name" "Booking #"? I gave the info and explained I was following up from yesterday as I was meant to get a call. She barked out, "I don't understand what you want. The booking is cancelled." Oh boy. Obviously, she had no intention of looking through the notes on the booking, so I once again went through the whole spiel of no refund, no FCC. She helpfully pointed out that I cancelled on March 10th, before Princess. Yup. Then told me that those bookings will not be taken care of until after all of the Princess cancellations had been completed. I asked if she meant pause 1 or ALL cancellations (we might be here until next year at this rate) and she said she had no idea. I asked how this was the case when, in fact, I had cancelled FIRST (before those that Princess cancelled). She then replied (and this REALLY pissed me off) "Well, we are allowing you to get the extra benefit even though you decided to cancel." Until this point I had been calm and reasonable, but she just pushed a button. First off, I never asked (or expected) to be included in the higher value FCC offer - I was happy to accept my terms at cancellation and am STILL happy to accept them. All I want is the $2.5k back to my credit card. I knew I would get nowhere so just thanked her and hung up.

This is the final straw for me. I'm done. Sorry Princess.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Coral said:

I filled out the form 3x and told a Customer Relations person Option 2 - I wonder if that is enough? I don't know if the Customer Relations person still has her job or not....

First time, the form receipt came through with out my booking number or sailing info. So I filled it out a 2nd time and someone along the way suggested a 3rd time.

It would help if they could tell you where you are. I think that is the frustrating part. Just being told "we are working hard, wait your turn".

First time, the form receipt came through with out my booking number or sailing info. 
Our receipt came like that too...missing the date and booking # but had my personal information on it.  I thought about filling it out again with the missing information but I was afraid if I filled it out later that we would go to the bottom of the heap.  But it sounds like we are anyway.  I'm at my wits end and losing faith in the whole process. 

7 minutes ago, suzyed said:

First time, the form receipt came through with out my booking number or sailing info. 
Our receipt came like that too...missing the date and booking # but had my personal information on it.  I thought about filling it out again with the missing information but I was afraid if I filled it out later that we would go to the bottom of the heap.  But it sounds like we are anyway.  I'm at my wits end and losing faith in the whole process. 

Yup. I'm at the bottom of the pile. Just had it confirmed. They are not looking at those that cancelled prior to Princess until AFTER the Princess cancellations. Not sure about those in mid-cruise....

6 minutes ago, suzyed said:

We have to keep telling ourselves "we are special" 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1