Is there a way to ask for a price adjustment online?

kelbell

I noticed my upcoming cruise Dec, is lower. Is there a form I can fill out

online to get an adjustment?  I have tried calling but think I have a better

chance of hitting the lottery at this point.

Thank you.

On 3/14/2020 at 4:08 PM, Markmom18 said:

Hi Purvis,

I did NOT book ES. Would you know of a Request Form in general, for those who didn’t book ES?

Thanks!

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

Sadly there is no way of doing a rate reduction online, if you are not ES.  Did you book with a non-refundable deposit or a refundable deposit?  If you booked with a refundable deposit, just cancel and rebook.

• Like 1

I have early saver, too. I found a lower rate but it would require a higher deposit. I was planning on using the online form because like the OP mentioned, the phone lines are insane. How would that work? Would they auto charge the card on file? Any insight is greatly appreciated 🙂 

4 hours ago, jaynjay said:

I have early saver, too. I found a lower rate but it would require a higher deposit. I was planning on using the online form because like the OP mentioned, the phone lines are insane. How would that work? Would they auto charge the card on file? Any insight is greatly appreciated 🙂 

In my experience the extra deposit shows up in your cruise planner as a deposit due by a date a few days after you book the new rate. Just click on it and make the payment. 

Be careful of submitting the request online, especially if you haven't paid off your cabin  yet.  I booked 3 cabins and am still making payments on them.  I submitted the form online for all 3 cabins, which were all approved, but then I got an email the next day saying that if I don't pay the $500 deposit, my booking will be cancelled.  I had already paid $1500 ($500 for each room) during the initial booking. 

What happened was, even though I was given the lower option, the deposit for that rate was $1000 per room, so I was obligated to pay the difference.  I called Carnival this morning and was on hold for 30 minutes, talked to very nice lady who told me to NEVER fill out the price protection form online--to call instead.  She wasn't able to make any adjustments for me so she transferred me to a supervisor, where I was on hold for another 30 minutes.  I was on the call for a total of 2 hours.  Anyways, when I got transferred to the supervisor finally, she kept on repeatedly telling me to always call for price adjustments and proceeded to lecture me and repeat herself multiple times.  I was already over it by the time I had gotten to her, cuz I had already been on the phone for 1.5 hours. 

Word of advice, even if it's going to be a long wait, CALL.  The supervisor told me that when you submit the form, they can't tell you how it will affect your reservation, but at least if you talk to an agent, they can explain the scenario so that you can make an informed decision.

Good luck!