******MSC - UK CRUISERS ***

Host Carolyn

4 hours ago, DarrenRH said:

I appreciate the effort!  I have been doing the same. They said they are going to update me as and when.  I just hoped someone else may have been through it already!!

The information is 'hidden' under 'Manage Bookings' so I did not even look at this before booking the cruise.  Now we are stuck with the booking as it is too late for a refund (Short notice booking!)

Let's hope they resolve it or we manage to squeeze him in to get a second jab!

No worries I don't mind helping out where I can.

When are you travelling? Can you not transfer under their Stress Free Booking Programme which allows you flexible cruise changes up to 15 days prior to your cruise? 

Let's hope it's good news for you. I will keep my eye out regarding any changes as they may change the whole vaccinated pcr testing thing altogether! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2021 at 9:45 PM, Cruiseforever11 said:

No worries I don't mind helping out where I can.

When are you travelling? Can you not transfer under their Stress Free Booking Programme which allows you flexible cruise changes up to 15 days prior to your cruise? 

Let's hope it's good news for you. I will keep my eye out regarding any changes as they may change the whole vaccinated pcr testing thing altogether! 

We are due to be leaving on the 21st December so  we have a little time for something to change!  We have tried walk in centers but no luck.  Yes we are covered, but even the cheapest cruise before Sept 22 is going to be a good £1500 more for an equivalent holiday....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

wonder if anyone can give any advice. We are cruising out of Dubai on 15th January and are travelling out on the 13th (overnight flight) from uk and staying one night pre cruise.  We need a negative pcr to enter Dubai up to 72 hours before and the same for the ship. So in order to get a pcr in the uk that will cover both I guess we need to get pcr on the 12th and pay more for one that comes back that day. But with the time change of plus 4 hours in Dubai from the uk if we get one at say midday on the 12th it should cover us to board the ship on the 15th at midday. However, what about the time change as Dubai is 4 hours ahead of the uk......

Its a right nuisance to try and time in the times and get the results back in time. I hope this makes sense? Thanks 

• 2 months later...

Can anyone tell me if you are now allowed off the ship independently? We went on Grandiosa in July round the UK but were only allowed off on an official tour. Thinking of booking for a week in February around the med but need to make sure you are allowed off to wander alone first! Thank you 

3 hours ago, Foody said:

Can anyone tell me if you are now allowed off the ship independently? We went on Grandiosa in July round the UK but were only allowed off on an official tour. Thinking of booking for a week in February around the med but need to make sure you are allowed off to wander alone first! Thank you 

I can't give you a definite answer but we are travelling in May to the Canary Islands and I am hoping we can get off the ship and do our own thing as we did on a cruise at the beginning of Dec. I found this info on their website so in theory yes if the local authority or government of that country allows is how I'm reading it. I would call msc or email them to definitely make sure first.

SHORE EXCURSIONS

Our protocols are designed to make your cruise experience as enjoyable and as safe as possible. You will be free to disembark and independently visit ports of call wherever local regulations allow it.

To go ashore during your cruise, we highly recommend you to participate in one of our MSC Shore Excursions to ensure the same high standards of health and safety ashore as on board. Not all destinations allow independent disembarkation and it may depend on the traveller’s vaccination status. Some excursions will require the EU digital COVID certificate (Green pass) or, from extra Schengen countries travelers, the equivalent Covid certificate. More information on the FAQ section. 

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone answer what the boarding requirements will be for a cruise in May from Southampon for a UK resident.

There seems to be conflicting information on the MSC site,  some I found may be out of date.  We are fully vaccinated but will we also need a PCR test taken within 48 hours of boarding or not.  I understand there will be another test at the port,   but am just confused as to if we need the additional PCR test or not.

Thanks

Edited by ukwizard

20 minutes ago, ukwizard said:

Can anyone answer what the boarding requirements will be for a cruise in May from Southampon for a UK resident.

There seems to be conflicting information on the MSC site,  some I found may be out of date.  We are fully vaccinated but will we also need a PCR test taken within 48 hours of boarding or not.  I understand there will be another test at the port,   but am just confused as to if we need the additional PCR test or not.

Thanks

I'm in the same situation. As it stands as of today pcr test 48hrs before and testing at port. However as Boris is now removing everything and as of Friday we don't have to test to come back in to the UK so I'm not sure how msc are going to play this one with cruises from the UK. If Europe says no testing required to enter the different countries as long as you double/triple jab I don't see the reason for pcr testing and another test at port. Your not allowed on the ship unless you've been at least double vaccinated anyway. Interesting times and will see how it plays out in the next month or two.

• Thanks 1

On 2/15/2022 at 11:24 AM, ellie1145 said:

We had our January 4th Magnifica cruise cancelled before Christmas and are still waiting for a refund. 

Just wondered if anyone had been successful in receiving moneys owed?

Did you book direct with MSC ? I know when the pandemic first started and there were thousands of guests waiting for money back MSC’s policy was 120 days from sail date , took us 8 months to get our money back as the Travel agent we booked with was hanging on to the money for a while too. I contacted the CEO of the TA in the end and got our money . 😡. Scandalous .

Keep chasing them up on Twitter and FB , they don’t like bad publicity . 

• Thanks 1

On 2/9/2022 at 7:09 PM, Cruiseforever11 said:

I'm in the same situation. As it stands as of today pcr test 48hrs before and testing at port. However as Boris is now removing everything and as of Friday we don't have to test to come back in to the UK so I'm not sure how msc are going to play this one with cruises from the UK. If Europe says no testing required to enter the different countries as long as you double/triple jab I don't see the reason for pcr testing and another test at port. Your not allowed on the ship unless you've been at least double vaccinated anyway. Interesting times and will see how it plays out in the next month or two.

I am interested too , we sail on 8th March on Magnifica , friends the cruise before . Just cannot understand why MSC are still asking for PCR tests , it’s not as if they are gaining financially , in fact it is probably putting people off booking with them as other cruise lines are only doing the complimentary antigen test before boarding from the UK . We were on Iona for two weeks from 29th Jan .

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It looks like the testing requirements have been relaxed a little for guests departing from Southampton on northern european cruises to allow for negative Antigen or RT-PCR test taken within 48 hours,  instead of just PCR tests as it was around January (last time I checked).

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/health-and-safety-measures/northern-europe-and-cruises-from-uk

If I am wrong please feel free to correct me,  I would hate to turn up with the wrong test results!

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2022 at 6:43 PM, ukwizard said:

It looks like the testing requirements have been relaxed a little for guests departing from Southampton on northern european cruises to allow for negative Antigen or RT-PCR test taken within 48 hours,  instead of just PCR tests as it was around January (last time I checked).

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/health-and-safety-measures/northern-europe-and-cruises-from-uk

If I am wrong please feel free to correct me,  I would hate to turn up with the wrong test results!

What testing are people doing?  I have been sent the randox one as a link from the travel agent but though it says it does give a certificate it isn’t a video test.  I know qured do a video call for the test (and i do think royal Caribbean ask for that) are MSC a little more relaxed? 

9 minutes ago, Choccielover said:

What testing are people doing?  I have been sent the randox one as a link from the travel agent but though it says it does give a certificate it isn’t a video test.  I know qured do a video call for the test (and i do think royal Caribbean ask for that) are MSC a little more relaxed? 

Randox is fine for the current sailings out of the UK. Self test antigen with certificate is what they want.

On 5/27/2022 at 2:27 PM, defbref said:

Randox is fine for the current sailings out of the UK. Self test antigen with certificate is what they want.

How about out of Venice?

What are the insurance requirements about? Do I need a seperate policy?

my insurance covers us for illness and all the things they state but doesn’t specifically say covid (though it is covered) 

how do I evidence this at check in? 

28 minutes ago, Choccielover said:

What are the insurance requirements about? Do I need a seperate policy?

my insurance covers us for illness and all the things they state but doesn’t specifically say covid (though it is covered) 

how do I evidence this at check in? 

I wrote to my insurance company and they sent me back a letter stating that covid is covered. I took that along with my insurance document and This was accepted on my three cruises last year. I hope that’s helpful.

4 hours ago, ConnieTact said:

I wrote to my insurance company and they sent me back a letter stating that covid is covered. I took that along with my insurance document and This was accepted on my three cruises last year. I hope that’s helpful.

With MSC? That’s helpful thank you 

25 minutes ago, Choccielover said:

With MSC? That’s helpful thank you 

Yes, twice with MSC Virtuosa  boarding and once with RC. All were at Southampton. 
i have insurance through Lloyds bank account. They seem to recognise it on check in.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ConnieTact said:

Yes, twice with MSC Virtuosa  boarding and once with RC. All were at Southampton. 
i have insurance through Lloyds bank account. They seem to recognise it on check in.

Perfect - mine is aviva so not an unheard of company so hopefully the letter and a copy of the policy will be enough. 
thank you 

• 2 months later...
On 5/29/2022 at 6:25 PM, defbref said:

Always best to check here: https://www.msccruises.co.uk/health-and-safety-measures/

So at moment yes ok for Venice.

We're sailing from Athens and the same requirements are stated online  - I  confused about the 'antigen' part as this seems a little vague - does this include a LFT? Does it mean observed/ not observed? Also as we're staying in Stanstead one night then Athens another night before boarding I'm wondering if we book a test in the Radisson Blu at the airport if that will be to early and outside of the 'within 48hrs'

Antigen is a LFT

MSC Europe do not currently require a observed test, just a certified one (Experience from 3 MSC europe cruise in past 4 months).

Use a 'at home' fit to fly test with a provider like Randox and just do it in your hotel room, takes about 15 minutes after upload to get certificate back.

However things are changing rapidly in the cruise world at moment regarding testing with most other lines relaxing/removing procedures, you don't say when you sail, but don't be surprised if things change in the next few weeks.