******MSC - UK CRUISERS ***

Host Carolyn

1 hour ago, Bertie Doe said:

They also do park packages which can be reasonable, a bit more than west quay multi storey, cheaper than ABP.

For MSC using Horizon it's <10min walk from Ibis

We prefer the town centre(depending on price) better choice of pubs and restaurants.

1 hour ago, insidecabin said:

They also do park packages which can be reasonable, a bit more than west quay multi storey, cheaper than ABP.

For MSC using Horizon it's <10min walk from Ibis

We prefer the town centre(depending on price) better choice of pubs and restaurants.

Yep, walking's a good idea, assuming the weather is ok. Looking at Ibis's map, you'd need to cross the busy W Quay Road (A33) via the Southern Road underpass, so taxi is fave at the moment.

I'd forgotten about the Ibis parking option. We're doing a Trans in 2 months, so I'll look at their prices, thanks.

1 hour ago, Bertie Doe said:

Yep, walking's a good idea, assuming the weather is ok. Looking at Ibis's map, you'd need to cross the busy W Quay Road (A33) via the Southern Road underpass, so taxi is fave at the moment.

I'd forgotten about the Ibis parking option. We're doing a Trans in 2 months, so I'll look at their prices, thanks.

You walk the few yards to the southern road lights across the slip road to the mini island and then cross the road no underpass.

A33

https://maps.app.goo.gl/mCoisyAoSjiFRu98A

(Easy for Brits that understand how UK lights work as pedestrian option)

3 hours ago, insidecabin said:

You walk the few yards to the southern road lights across the slip road to the mini island and then cross the road no underpass.

A33

https://maps.app.goo.gl/mCoisyAoSjiFRu98A

(Easy for Brits that understand how UK lights work as pedestrian option)

Ah thats brill, thanks for the info and map.

• Thanks 1

On 3/4/2024 at 3:46 PM, Bertie Doe said:

From the train station it’s a 5 minute walk to Ibis, my wife and 83 year old MIL did it last year each with a suitcase each. Then in the morning it’s an easy 5 minute walk to the terminal as it seems to be downhill. When you get near the terminal don’t follow the road around, there a pavement that cuts through s saving a few minutes.

• 1 month later...